Tips choices change bulbs (bathroom and kitchen)

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 03/02/11, 15:30

obi76 wrote:
Christophe wrote:
obi76 wrote:but all on-board electronics are very expensive (in CO²) to recycle.

Lost!!! A "neon" (already it is Fluorescent Tube that must be said, neon is the store signs) it is just as problematic to recycle as a fluorescent bulb ... and since their lifespan is equivalent (with quality fluorescent). Well that's kif kif ....

EDIT: would it be that the fact that a neon tube has no plastic and that a compact fluorescent as well as LEDs is stuffed with it confirms me in my opinion.

A neon uses mercury as a fluo-compact and for plastic, the support has much more, not to mention the ballast!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y0zhWp_4Sw
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
oby
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by oby » 03/02/11, 17:21

Alain G wrote:
obi76 wrote:
Christophe wrote:
obi76 wrote:but all on-board electronics are very expensive (in CO²) to recycle.

Lost!!! A "neon" (already it is Fluorescent Tube that must be said, neon is the store signs) it is just as problematic to recycle as a fluorescent bulb ... and since their lifespan is equivalent (with quality fluorescent). Well that's kif kif ....

Hello,

not at all, a neon apart from a ballast you don't need much ...
an LED bulb, the conversion to 5V requires a not so small transformer, control electronics and there we attack in tantalum etc.

The neon lights to be recycled, apart from phosphorus powder (easily recoverable and recyclable), there is not much.

Sincerely,

EDIT: would it be that the fact that a neon tube has no plastic and that a compact fluorescent as well as LEDs is stuffed with it confirms me in my opinion.

Obi76

Well there you need to perfect your knowledge because there is also very polluting mercury in a fluorescent and the electronics are much more complicated than on a simple Electro-Luminescent Diode which requires only resistors and diodes for the simplest and a small chopper which is also on a "neon" for the most complicated!

Without wanting to offend you, you are particularly negative in your comments on all the subjects on which you have just posted!

Raise the pedal a little my friend! :|

Hello,

sorry if you interpret my posts like this, it is not my intention.

The message I want to send through my previous post is that I am convinced that LED / neon bulbs are just as polluting as each other. Gaining 10% yield does not counteract the energy expenditure deployed during their manufacture and recycling. The simplest to make and recycle were the glowing ones. Now, the energy difference between these bulbs when they use them alone explain their pollution? Well, no.

As for my knowledge of their composition / yields etc, don't worry about me ;-)

Sincerely,
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 03/02/11, 17:59

Obi

I would like you to show me where the LEDs pollute, certainly not the internal gas which is infinitely less, not on the on-board electronics and on the amount of plastic to produce it!

Unless you include the box which is not necessary since we could very well only change the internal module of 2 or 3 gr while keeping the reflector always usable.

It is necessary to review the fixings for this new form of lighting and not try to keep the old unsuitable for this mode of lighting!

Here are ready-made modules working on 120-230 volts:

http://www.acriche.com/en/product/prd/acriche.asp

PDF: http://www.acriche.com/en/popup/pop_product.asp?seq=305

The possibility of putting more than one on the same card is not excluded for more powerful lighting!

Don't tell me that electronics are complicated and more expensive than a fluo-compact!

The lack of information often brings contradictions to reality!
:|
0 x

Alain
lauren
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by lauren » 13/02/11, 21:41

Hello,

I let myself be tempted by the new Philips LEDs.
I bought 7W spotlights in 50mm diameter and also a super nice 12W LED bulb.
Personally, I am very happy with the result.
If you want, I can give you the address of the allumos site which is very well done.
They also have compact fluorescent bulbs that appear to be of very good quality.

Now I would like to put a dimmer, but my boyfriend doesn't know how to do it.

Could someone advise me?

To read ...
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 14/02/11, 00:11

Good evening Lauren!

If the LEDs are not intended to be used on a dimmer, you have no chance because they simply go out instead of decreasing in intensity according to the design of the power supply!
0 x

Alain