Omnidirectional GU10 bulb search

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
pierre_04
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Omnidirectional GU10 bulb search

by pierre_04 » 08/07/09, 18:53

Hello everybody

We recently renovated our bathroom. I put two points of illumination on both sides of the mirror. I planned to put fluorescent tube bulbs or low-power fluocompact.

My wife (whom I adore by the way) had the bad idea to buy (very expensive!) Two GU10 spots "because they were pretty"

They had to be placed to avoid divorce :)

Only, besides the fact that they consume 100W, their light is too directive, and illuminates the basin, and not the face ... basically we see nothing!

I searched unsuccessfully GU10 bulbs, if possible that consume less than 50W unity, and especially omnidirectional.

Have you heard of that?
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 08/07/09, 19:49

Sorry, in life, you have to choose, especially to see clearly shaving ... Change device et change of woman ....

or change socket in the device: we find in the good bricos
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 08/07/09, 20:13

Ben?

You have this: https://www.econologie.com/shop/ampoule- ... p-284.html

By cons it may be a third, because two it may be a bit limited, it is an equivalence spot 30 W halogen.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
pierre_04
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by pierre_04 » 08/07/09, 20:20

If that answers the problem of consumption, that unfortunately does not solve that of the "directionality" of light. (I even think it would be worse with LEDs ... GU10 CFLs would be better)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/07/09, 20:58

Your question is bizarre: the GU10 is a "native" format made for the spotlight, so you will not find a bulb with a GU10 base which is not equipped with a reflector ....

So if you want more diffuse, less directive lighting, I only see one thing to do: buy a GU10 fluorescent bulb and "remove the reflector", being careful not to break the tubes ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 08/07/09, 21:48

That's what I think too, or my first solution : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: Image
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
pierre_04
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by pierre_04 » 08/07/09, 22:15

Yes I know. But my dear and tender has a very particular logic in which aestheticism takes precedence over functionality : Shock:

I'm not hot to remove the reflector of a 220v bulb in a pond.

The idea of ​​adapting another pellet is to dig, I will study the spot.

Thank you for your opinions !
0 x