Recycling and regeneration of lead acid batteries

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 06/06/07, 20:28

: Mrgreen: Yes, I will have to redo some measures ...
I should point out that after returning from the Easter holidays, after a week of absence, the car started off quickly. 8)
Admittedly, the temperature was mild, however, last fall, after a weekend of sleep, the battery was weak, which is why I experimented with the product that marketed (discreetly?) DUCK29.

Ah, here, the name of the site has changed, but it is indeed the DUCK29 site
batteries-global-services.com
Last fall, he also sold on ebay from time to time.
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 06/06/07, 21:02

Hello

I use, with satisfaction, the pulses provided by BGS. But with edta instead of using the product from the kit (I have more).

According to the tests that my colleague did the edta would act faster but the product of the BGS kit would be more effective after 8 days. Test to be confirmed, it was only done on 4 batteries; that he chose in a lot as homogeneous as possible.

Its working super well on tired batteries, but there are no miracles a battery that drags to 0 for 5 years we do not save it !!!

Before I used pulses less efficient because they only worked (unlike the BGS) during charging !!!!

I think it is a good investment because at the 1st battery saved the tool is amortized : Lol:

@+

PS: we get a good result from 6 or 7 mini cycle (10 is better).
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 07/06/07, 18:11

zac wrote:Hello

I use, with satisfaction, the pulses provided by BGS. But with edta instead of using the product from the kit (I have more).

BGS? Is Batteries Global Services?

You too have tried! Sacred zac!
I am surprised that you have not ordered the product from the Australian reseller who regularly offers it on ebay ... Australia, it is less far than your Brittany. :D Nostalgia when you hold us... : Cheesy:

EDTA where do you find it?
0 x
zac

by zac » 08/06/07, 18:03

Hello

yes bgs, it's global service battery.

EDTA you find it live at the address spun by jonule (complicated and inexpensive 15 € per kg) or at suppliers of chemical products for the food industry 25 to 30 € per kg, but simpler (well yes yen has in some fruit juice and dairy product) .Last solution the local pharmachian is practical but counts 3000 to 4000 € per kg.

You know we start in the reconditioning of batteries, we only do 3 or 4 per week; on the other hand we test everything to be able to grow later !!! wait and see : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)

This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 11/06/07, 15:09

: Arrow: Well, I redid some measurements ...
I installed the pulse generator and added the Resurex on 17/09/2006.
I had read the values ​​every 8 days until 08/10/2006.
Here is my last statement on 10/06/2007 48 hours after stopping the engine:
- Battery voltage at 12.32 V
- Electrolyte density: 1.20.

It's not extraordinary, but last fall, this battery fell below 12V after a few days of rest and the start became difficult or required to resort to pliers or a charger.
9 months after treatment, the density values ​​certainly dropped (the Resurex had to modify the chemical properties of the electrolyte) and the voltage remains a little low but the battery has no longer failed.
It would also seem that the sulphate does not reform any more.
My battery has just passed the 6 years mark, nine months ago I was ready to replace it.
Wait and see ...

Ah yes, the car sleeps outside, starts every day, it's a 2.5L petrol + LPG volvo with BVA, it has just covered 345 km ...
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 25/10/07, 09:39

Bondjou,
A small question,
I have a motorbike, which does not ride often, and I also have a second car which does not drive at the moment. (In restoration)
I wonder, should I buy an optimate, or a battery regenerator? .... :?
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 25/10/07, 13:11

If the battery is removed (car in restoration) the regenerator is inappropriate.

I would rather recommend an optimal but more efficient type of maintenance charger, with desulphurizing function like the CTEK.

I bought a copy of the CTEK sold regularly at LIDL at an extra price.

This is the T4X TRONIC at less than € 20 including tax and guaranteed for 3 years!

At this price you can buy 2, one for each battery ... : Lol:

I already talked about it
here
A little search on google and you will find some.
There is still today a sale of this product on ebay but at 50 € : Evil:
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 25/10/07, 14:16

citro wrote:If the battery is removed (car in restoration) the regenerator is inappropriate.

I would rather recommend an optimal but more efficient type of maintenance charger, with desulphurizing function like the CTEK.

I bought a copy of the CTEK sold regularly at LIDL at an extra price.

This is the T4X TRONIC at less than € 20 including tax and guaranteed for 3 years!

At this price you can buy 2, one for each battery ... : Lol:

I already talked about it
here
A little search on google and you will find some.
There is still today a sale of this product on ebay but at 50 € : Evil:

It's you, the fish I've been waiting for :D
the motorcycle is a bmw, so the batteries on these machines are expensive, always more expensive than 50 euros
Big thank you for your advice t4x tronic
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 25/10/07, 19:10

lejustemilieu wrote:It's you, the fish I've been waiting for :D
the motorcycle is a bmw, so the batteries on these machines are expensive, always more expensive than 50 euros
Big thank you for your advice t4x tronic

No, I'm Aquarius : Lol:

I just bought a car battery for my niece and the prices have soared in recent years! (60 € TTC for a 55Ah)

For that of my BMW (K75), I think it will be necessary that I go there again. :| These small batteries are very fragile and cannot withstand a strong discharge and long periods of inactivity ... I kept it with the desulfator and regular recharges with my T4X but it has been with the bodybuilder for a month and for many weeks since that I got "pushed around". :|

Chances are she'll be screwed up when I get my bike back ...
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 26/10/07, 08:51

Hello,
have you ever tried to boning it completely, to scrape the lead plates to put them back in a new acid bath?
a bit like making an electrolyser in fact:

then close tightly with 4 threaded rods!
0 x