Peltier-Seebeck effect generator

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
toto65
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by toto65 » 14/10/07, 13:47

Each module is designed for a value range.
Pelletier plates are originally designed to cool / heat.

They have a COPf curve (cold performance coefficient).

So you have to stay in the manufacturer's range, hot and cold cannot be selected anyhow.
There is an interesting document from SEEM on the subject.
http://www.seem-semrac.com/ktp_acro/B-cep.pdf
But he doesn't talk too much about the seebeck effect.

Top secret search :P
http://www.espressomilkcooler.com/therm ... __teg_.htm
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 15/11/07, 11:26

Hello everyone,
I just bought the ecofan, a fan on a small DC motor that turns when the abse is hot (the head is a fin radiator):

http://www.fluesystems.com/sundries/info/ecofan_technical.htm

the electric effect is as follows:

well, I have a module ordered at the time on conrad, but ej does not draw a lot of volts, with a PC fan it does not turn!

so I would need a small DC motor of only a few volts, like 2 to 3 volts?
I will try to see how much it charges and how much it provides, replace the element or add it ...

otherwise you would need a 12V rectifier bridge?

in short, would you have any leads or addresses to order such a dc or transformer motor?

I can take precise photos and videos if interested!

what's fun is that you can lift the fan when it's hot, the heat is stored in the metal and it always turns!

a good way to charge electrical appliances ... thanks to the wood stove! :D :D :D
0 x
aidiv
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by aidiv » 15/11/07, 12:13

hello, I had tried my pelletier module buy at conrad with a processor heatsink, the engine was a small racing circuit car for children. and it turns more than 10 min
now there are quickcool pelletier modules.

I recover 1,5 volts but I did not measure the intensity :(
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 15/11/07, 15:21

intensity?

well a little circuit car it should not consume a lot of power, I would say meem that you can power 2 ?!

well, must I steal one from a kid then, it is not ordered by the unit? : Lol:
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 15/11/07, 16:20

found DC motor from 1.5V to 3V, remains to find the right module!
http://www.robopolis.com/produit/1299/75/moteurs-DC/Moteur-DC-15-a-30V-avec-equerre-de-fixation-.php

0 x
R-Kraft
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by R-Kraft » 15/11/07, 20:12

Hello,
this is my first post :)

the subject is interesting, once we produce electricity, there must be a way to put it in shape using for example the PWM to save even more the little energy produced?

The idea is to cut the electricity over time and thus drain a lower intensity while maintaining the functioning of the connected device.
Would it work or not? Has anyone ever tried ?
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 16/11/07, 09:36

ah well it's interesting!
I have a plan for that, I could tell you!
it does not seem stupid.

I discover the object a little:
once hot, you can take it and move it: it always turns since it is hot, the NRJ is well stored as heat!

with a cast iron mass I am sure it can last longer!

the wood stove becomes a charging station ...

I see on conrad the new quickcool + efficient peltier, there is 1 that goes up to 110W, with wood it is more profitable than a solar panel!
Besides, it should not be incompatible to put it behind a THERMAL solar panel (hot water)!
0 x
R-Kraft
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by R-Kraft » 16/11/07, 10:30

There are heat retention gels used by Webasto in the automotive field. This allows for example to keep the passenger compartment warm while the engine is no longer running. The gel bag is heated during the engine operating cycle. The advantage of this gel is its lower mass, so more convenient to transport than a block of cast iron, some BMWs are equipped with it but I do not know the composition of this famous gel.
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 16/11/07, 11:13

??
can you give more info please?

I knew that webasto produced small diesel boilers for diesel vehicles (hot engine + speed, passenger compartment heating, vehicle at T ° C at start-up etc ...) and DHW caravans but how is this gel used ??
0 x
R-Kraft
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by R-Kraft » 16/11/07, 12:22

It's just webasto manufactures diesel boilers but not only it seems.

I would have said more with pleasure but I do not have more info than this track to track. The gel in question collects calories and diffuses them into the passenger compartment via the on-demand blower circuit.

On the instrument panel there is a button which controls the activation of the calorie recovery when the ignition is off and the key removed. This is the "REST" command. This makes it possible to temper the passenger compartment with the engine stopped.

Only solution, approach Bmw but I doubt that they are inclined to disseminate information on this subject or even find a wreckage broken and see what it turns out exactly. Last clarification I saw this info on 6enligne.net.

At worst it may be possible to try to see which substance would be able to retain calories and try to make a gel of it?

Let me explain, take for example cast iron, this same cast iron reduced to powder, powder in suspension in a heavy oilseed environment could perhaps retain the heat long enough?
Anyway I don't say anything either because I am not a scientist but it can be a path to follow to make a mobile solution a little more portable or malleable.
0 x