Internet in a cottage: RJ45 vs Wifi vs CPL

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Superform
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Superform » 19/04/13, 09:20

From experience (I installed the 3 in dozens of different configs with clients:

- WIFI will work, but I recommend it if we can avoid
- The CPL must be tested. It may not work at all depending on the electrical installation. Even some differential switches cut off the cpl signal. I have already seen it on a house, 2 sockets in the same room, installed in single phase so same phase, the cpl does not pass. Other times, on a farm, a house and 3 yurts, three-phase, we arranged that the yurts were on the same phase and no problem.
- The RJ45 cable, it works every time. You already have one from the past, right? (you indicate ij 45 in one of your messages)
If it has not yet passed, you can even put cat6 SSTP, double shielding for outside, or if really too tight level budget of cat 5e outside and you double it (in case)
0 x
loopyng84
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by loopyng84 » 19/04/13, 09:32

hello superform
in fact I spent a rj 45 (a sheath but rigid) I will inquire around me if there is no way to recover from the cat5e
but before that I will still buy plugs, at worst I will use them at home
on the other hand I saw that there were several powers or bit rates (I don't know) I guess I have to take the biggest ones right?
0 x
"we do not inherit the land from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children" St Exupéry
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 19/04/13, 12:47

do not look noon at 14 p.m .: with the cheapest CAT5 cable possible, it works very well at 100m
http://www.bricodepot.fr/angouleme-cham ... prod10629/
I used this one and it works very well with the whole 100m roller

CAT6 is good for very high speed on corporate networks

if the wire is buried, bury a large sheath, to be able to easily pass another son when the one is dead

france telecom put in the sheath buried at my house a wire which was not of external quality ... it had to be changed 20 years later! it means that it still holds a lot

often buried sheaths are not 100% waterproof and fill with water

one solution is to use good black polyethylene water pipes as a sheath: the cable is thus perfectly protected and ordinary quality cable is sufficient
0 x
Superform
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Superform » 19/04/13, 13:51

@chatelot: I generally agree, the CAT6 for gigabit, etc. But by taking Cat6, the copper section will be greater and the shielding better, therefore less risk.

But any Cat5e will most certainly do the trick

@ loopyng84: RJ45 is the connector standard, Cat5e is the cable standard.

Check on your existing cable, if it is already cat5e ...

For the CPL, there are roughly 85, 200 and 500. My opinion for CPL, take 200, the 500 is still a bit expensive, and the 85 completely outdated and not secure.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 19/04/13, 14:59

100% agreement on the quality of cables.

You MUST take the best quality of cable available when you decide to do the work amha.

Because the flows evolve over time. So the 10Base-T required a type of cable (CAT-3), the 100Base-T required to replace to improve the speed and have FULL-DUPLEX (CAT-5 cable), then the gigabit ehternet itou (Cat5 class D , a generation above: Cat6). Because of course, the 10Base-T always worked with 10Base-T with an RJ45 connector.

Over ten years ago, I had everything wired in gigabit (it was at the beginning and everyone said that I was crazy!) So the others had to rewire so as not to be has been ^^ (because everything followed: switch etc), so I don't regret anything! : Lol:

If the remote point was planned for several access points to the network, and it was necessary to start from scratch, today I would choose fiber optics!

We are at 10 gigabit per second : Mrgreen:
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 19/04/13, 15:59

there is no evidence that a cat6 is stronger than a cat5

so as long as cat5 is not enough to put in extra money for nothing

the main thing is to put a good sheath so that the cable change is easy
0 x
loopyng84
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by loopyng84 » 19/04/13, 19:35

I was at b & d and I bought the cat5, I am expecting an electritian colleague
to crimp the plugs!
we will see well at the flow rate :?:
again thank you all !!!!!! will come one day or I will help someone in my turn : Cheesy:
0 x
"we do not inherit the land from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children" St Exupéry
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 20/04/13, 21:16

chatelot16 wrote:there is no evidence that a cat6 is stronger than a cat5

And what proves the opposite, diwouar?

chatelot16 wrote:so as long as cat5 is not enough to put in extra money for nothing

the main thing is to put a good sheath so that the cable change is easy

We arrive at high speed "V" at the complete hybridization between TV, internet and telephony in one and the same medium, and everything will be done by cable, it is really not the time to make false savings on speeds amha! (But each his own ...)

And between a CAT5-gigabit and a CAT6, I don't see any gigantic difference!

CAT5 € 0,97 incl. Tax per m (shielding with top protection aluminum foil + copper braid)
(Difference with low end, only 45 €!)

Suddenly, the CAT6 is the same price (but it is CAT6) there is really gräller for a few tens of euros on 80m! Who counted the OM !!!?

You take a roll of 200m and with the rest you rewire the house, and you're all in CAT6 at low cost : Cheesy: (you still have enough to offer to friends! You take orders before buying ...!)
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 21/04/13, 04:07

In many people, the Ethernet network is only used to share the internet connection of a poor adsl box in 512K (very high speed is a sweet dream, let's not even talk about fiber)
So why go from cat6, which you often have to go look for at a wholesaler or order on the internet, where cheap cat5 from bricopipo is enough? (and again, for small distances the PTT298 could even work, anyway the 100BaseT will turn its thumbs)

Finally, all that to say that it is on a case-by-case basis, to recommend such and such a cable "because you never know" without knowing the situation, that doesn't mean much.
0 x
AlterEco
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by AlterEco » 21/04/13, 11:12

not great to wire, there's wifi everywhere in all pc
standard equipment now no
0 x