Installing LED bulbs throughout the house

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.

Are you ready to switch to LED lighting?

You can select 1 option

Consult the results
info2d3d
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by info2d3d » 25/08/09, 12:21

No worries Christophe, I have everything you need in the photo studio to answer your requests;)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/08/09, 12:23

Ok on continue in MP. End of HS, sorry for the noise! : Cheesy:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 25/08/09, 12:46

Obamot wrote:
Personally I had switched to energy saving bulbs (compact fluorescent) as soon as they came out. Then succeeding generations, I continued. conclusions:
- I am very disappointed by the lifetime (not always the one announced).
- I am very disappointed with the performance (they quickly lose intensity, so a 25W can drop to the intensity of an 11W with the "bonus" a pale light that I find horrible).

Similar experience:

1) VERY variable life (some compact fluorescents did not last more than incandescences!)

I fear that it is not the same thing for the LEDs: I think that it was not the tube which was in base, but the circuits of the "ballast"; the LEDs are almost indestructible, but the ballasts, that must be kif-kif. No ?

2) The "drop" in brightness is variable; some brands resist better than others ...
0 x
ledissimo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by ledissimo » 25/08/09, 12:56

In my case, I did some tests with GU5,3 MR16 in 12V and it seems to hold up as it should. I installed several different models on a laboratory power supply (0-15V) and oh surprise, some bulbs start up well before others (6V approx) and hardly change brightness between 10 and 15V. I wonder if it comes from the "balast" or from the LED component? :?:
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 25/08/09, 13:48

It does not come from the LED, but from its regulator which on some spot 12V allows to have a stable light of about 6V about 16 V plus the tension goes up the amperage consumed drops.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 25/08/09, 13:48

Info2d3d wrote:Indeed, more than enough for the object photo (I am specialized in the 3D) here are some results:

http://www.info2d3d.info/pdf3d/chaussure2.pdf
Fun but it still makes a funny face! : Cheesy:
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 25/08/09, 14:43

... it would not be a little dirty under info2d3d?

Ouch for advertising : Mrgreen: Nah, it was to laugh ...

Note you are too good with your info on the photographic technique.

Christophe wrote:Uh, that's not what I'm doing : Cheesy:

Ooops! DSLE 8)
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 30/08/09, 23:03

Having been seduced by the lighting that gave me a LED flashlight, I made the move.

I just received 18 LEDs 220V lamps for a consumption of the set of ... 1W! (Normal base, LED protection by mineral glass and porcelain junction ... : Shock: excellent bill so ...).

First impressions:

First of all they are not blued but very slightly "hot" (I would say between 5500 ° K and 6000 ° K at random).

Regarding the removal of these, it illuminates like a small spot (no coverage area, so a very homogenized lighting).

For office lighting, it does! (A4 sheet without worry we can without fear put the lighting at a good distance, my wife even finds that it is already "a little violent") :P In addition, although the lighting is lower power than a compact fluorescent 11W and does not "diffuse" as much around. The quality of the light is extraordinary - it has nothing to do with - The details stand out much better (for example the colors and the detail of a fabric or on an advertising print) it seems that the contrast is much better (between x5 and x10 according to various assessments and I do not think I am exaggerating).

(I do not dare give the price, I did not pay dearly, so it's cheap ... and yet).
0 x
boblebricoleur
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by boblebricoleur » 04/09/09, 11:23

I'm going to remake all my cooking, and the idea comes to me, why not leds? But what of interrogation?
My idea, several spots in alignment above the work plan and the table. Leds being directive I think it must be an appropriate use for them.
I see through my research that the energy efficiency and better under 12V 230V, if I plug an 12v transformer on my 230 circuit to power several LEDs I benefit from this performance?
Between the led, superflux, luxury, ... I get lost a little, which are the most appropriate.
Another thing is blocking me: their price. As I see 15-20 euros for a light bulb, between a compact fluorescent and LEDs, depreciation by saving electricity seems almost impossible. Not afraid to put the hand in the dough (I'm already cooking myself so I can easily more properly plan the circuit for leds), we see on ebay lots of leds (HK of course), sometimes superfluous luxury at an interesting price, but when is it of their real efficiency?

To synthetize: my goal, a lighting kind spot (directive), allowing energy saving and financial.

Thank you in advance for your assistance
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 04/09/09, 11:45

Opinion of a Boothian lighting (who qmm used to use sharp lighting notament in the field of publishing ..).

Not the impression that the debate 12V VS 220V is decisive. From the moment that we can buy 220V why complicate life. I note in passing that I had the opportunity to see LEDs on standby : Shock: which operated only thanks to the residual current of the installation ... it is to say how much they need little energy (their state of sleep did not correspond obviously to their cruising mode but that does not matter).

What must be seen in the lighting quality is CONTRAST approximately ten times better than compact fluorescents.

And indeed it replaces very well spots (if you can take 3W, the 1W is just for the office, in the kitchen we need a little more).
0 x