Long infrared radiator

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

long infrared

by dedeleco » 08/03/10, 02:19

Ordinary central heating gives with its radiators at 50 ° C long infrared which I easily detect by the radiated heat on my naked buttocks (infrared stopped by a paper!) Since my buttocks are more sensitive than my hands !!
Any ordinary cheap radiator giving air at 50 ° C will give the same result in my opinion and for that it must have a thermostat which limits the temperature of the air ejected. There are fan heaters with a correct adjustable thermostat for less than 20 € and I don't see the difference with my very expensive long infrared radiant heaters with a resistance to 350 € which dies at the first spider which is electrocuted !! Raz the bowl to change this resistance and I only use the radiator at 20 €.
Note that we often sell more expensive radiators without thermostat which unnecessarily overheat the air at the outlet by convection: an absurdity not to buy !!
Finally, at € 350 per month over 6 months for 70m2, the house is poorly insulated with beautiful thermal bridges generating unpleasant convection currents, especially with radiators which overheat locally without thermostat !!
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 08/03/10, 13:56

Hello!

Here is what is commonly used:

http://www.stelpro.com/fr/produits.php?prod=N
:D
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
vinzman
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vinzman » 09/03/10, 07:35

Alain G wrote:Hello!

Here is what is commonly used:

http://www.stelpro.com/fr/produits.php?prod=N

Don't kid yourself Alain: if this model is installed everywhere in almost all average homes in Quebec, it's not because it's the most efficient but because it's the one that costs the least purchase.

The electric baseboard convection chimney is poorly made. It makes the hot air stick directly to the wall. The hot air that comes out is badly propelled and therefore mixes less well with the cold air layers of the room. Basically, it heats the wall more than the air in the middle of the room but we don't care because kw / h is cheap in Quebec ... (sarcasm)

A convector has a chimney, which means that the heat is immediately removed from the wall.

Note that electric convection heating is the most efficient heating since 1 kW requested is 1 kW heating.
In the case of other heaters, that with forced air for example and for the same 1 kw requested, we will say that 900w are used to make heat and 100w to turn the fan motor.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

27w for 2Kw

by dedeleco » 09/03/10, 13:57

The radiator between 15 € and 20 €, thermostatically controlled blower that I use, spends 27W in fan for 2Kw heating and the heat of the fan motor is found in the room too;
therefore 2000W is used for 2000W of heat.
In addition I direct where I want the heat and not to heat the wall !!
When I arrive in my very cold second home it even serves to heat the inside of the bed replacing a heating blanket!
This radiator heats the feet, the body, the head, it dries clothes, wet socks !!
The Quebec radiator does not seem to have a built-in thermostat by default, is more expensive to heat the wall first and I do not know if the thermostat measures the temperature of the air coming out of the radiator or the air in the room far of the radiator because in the latter case it has time to overheat by sending this superheated air to the ceiling where it remains !!
With this Quebec radiator, in my second home, which was very cold at the start, I would wait one day to smell hot air !!
Unacceptable!!
0 x
vinzman
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: 27w for 2Kw

by vinzman » 09/03/10, 15:13

dedeleco wrote:The radiator between 15 € and 20 €, thermostatically controlled blower that I use, spends 27W in fan for 2Kw heating and the heat of the fan motor is found in the room too;
therefore 2000W is used for 2000W of heat.
In addition I direct where I want the heat and not to heat the wall !!
When I arrive in my very cold second home it even serves to heat the inside of the bed replacing a heating blanket!
This radiator heats the feet, the body, the head, it dries clothes, wet socks !!
The Quebec radiator does not seem to have a built-in thermostat by default, is more expensive to heat the wall first and I do not know if the thermostat measures the temperature of the air coming out of the radiator or the air in the room far of the radiator because in the latter case it has time to overheat by sending this superheated air to the ceiling where it remains !!
With this Quebec radiator, in my second home, which was very cold at the start, I would wait one day to smell hot air !!
Unacceptable!!

If we start to look at the heat that the engine produces, we can start talking also about the quality of finish that it is made. We will have to inspect its turns to see its consumption curve as a function of the heat applied to it. We will have to dwell on the conductivity of the materials it uses, if they are appropriate and we will have to check all the parts of the fan coil so on.
We always say that on 2027w that your fan coil consumes, 2000w are converted into heat because it is the power of the heating resistor there.
Then, the convectors are available with mechanical or electronic thermostats on the convector or they are available with electronic or mechanical thermostats on the wall.
Last edited by vinzman the 09 / 03 / 10, 17: 34, 2 edited once.
0 x
vinzman
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vinzman » 09/03/10, 17:07

To sum up what has been proven beyond doubt,
in a bathroom we put an air convector because we have to remove the humidity from the air that is created after a shower or a bath as quickly as possible,
If you have a corner designed for people to smoke outside or if you want to heat a bus stop, a short infrared heater is ideal because it heats people and not the air.

For the rest to know '' which is the best heating? '', It is a question of personal comfort because everyone likes different things. It may very well not bother you that your heating consumes too much and costs the Duke's skin, as long as it gives you a warmth pleasant to your taste.
It is also a question of the geography of the place because the furniture and the shape of the house have a role to play on the heating in a house.
0 x
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by zorglub » 09/03/10, 17:50

personally I have two radiators with radiant panels 1500/750 w and I am happy with it (two heating power)
the only complaint is the thermostat which is not precise enough

the cut / on range is too large but the precision is good and the sensitivity too
no dust, no convection effect on the wall can be a little more expensive than an ordinary radiator with heating resistance
brand "amsta"
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 10/03/10, 04:47

vinzman wrote:

Note that electric convection heating is the most efficient heating since 1 kW requested is 1 kW heating.
In the case of other heaters, that with forced air for example and for the same 1 kw requested, we will say that 900w are used to make heat and 100w to turn the fan motor.

Vinzman Hi!

On the 1000 watts you recover 1000 watts of heat because the loss at the fan also turns into heat!

The baseboards that I mentioned above coupled with a quality electronic thermostat do not heat the wall because the heat that comes out is at very low temperature, it is located under the windows to avoid frost on it in case of temperature -20 to -42 C the lowest I have seen here in Quebec!

0 x

Alain
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by zorglub » 10/03/10, 09:32

On the 1000 watts you recover 1000 watts of heat because the loss in the fan also turns into heat
!

it is true that the heat of the ventilo is recovered in heating heat and adds to that of the resistance but logically the power named must be that of the resitance which means that your radiator consumes 1000w + the power of the engine
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 10/03/10, 13:39

zorglub wrote:
On the 1000 watts you recover 1000 watts of heat because the loss in the fan also turns into heat
!

it is true that the heat of the ventilo is recovered in heating heat and adds to that of the resistance but logically the power named must be that of the resitance which means that your radiator consumes 1000w + the power of the engine

Hi Zorglub!

It is very rare that a device of 1000 watts consumes 1000 watts, each time that I took the reading of amperage and voltage, I arrived always below the consumption registered on the label, the reason is very simple is that we always keep a margin of 10% voltage.

In addition, a cold element consumes more and consumption decreases in proportion to the rise in temperature of the element, when the element heats, it expands and its internal resistance increases and decreases its consumption.
0 x

Alain