OGM's: more serious than we think

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

OGM's: more serious than we think

by elephant » 25/03/10, 10:23

appeared this morning on Actu24, an article on the GMO situation in Spain: much more serious than I imagined. So far it hasn't kept me from sleeping, but I think I'll revise my point of view.

extract:

Agriculture tastes

Example, among others: Felix Ballarin who lost more than € 14 in 000, following the contamination of 2007 hectares of corn for which he lost his certification. Victims also, the cattle breeders who do not have the assurance that the feed of their animals is free of GMOs. And since there is hardly any unmodified corn in Spain, you have to import "clean" food from other countries, at a significant additional cost. Manufacturers of organic forming also find themselves in difficult situations when traces of GMOs are detected in the origin of their products.

The polluted pays

It is a whole sector for which “cohabitation” is painful, because it is opaque. "And in the end, it is the polluted who must pay",

link:

http://www.actu24.be/article/societe/le ... 30318.aspx
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 25/03/10, 11:51

Hello,

Okay with you.
But there is worse, from my side we receive from time to time rains of "sand" coming from the Sahara ....
You replace the sand with pollens from Spain and you can estimate the result in ten years or so.
Forced to pay for seeds supposedly GMOized by nature!
A real calamnity ...

Obelix
0 x
In medio stat virtus !!
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 25/03/10, 12:01

Hello!
"Genetic" pollution (by GMO I mean) is a global phenomenon, and the situation is becoming critical in many countries (Mexico, India ....), but one thing must be understood: it was the goal since the beginning!
In Mexico, for example, some "original" corn have been contaminated, at this rate, not much of the original will remain on this planet .... but this is one of the unacknowledged plans of certain multinazionales ...
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 25/03/10, 15:37

a) the sands of the Sahara have been going everywhere for a million years with no GMOs, especially towards South America.
There are also Chinese desert clays, as in 2004, 2005, the entire PAC region and the ALPS received a layer of orange-brown clay of several mm which soiled everything (good cleaning, and diseases as a result, fungicides , microbes, my dead fruit trees, etc ..., GMO free).
A French scientific article determined the origin, on the Alps, not Sahara as I thought, but Chinese desert, Manchuria, via the Arctic Circle, Alaska, Atlantic edge, 10000Km !!!!
We therefore receive dust from all over the planet, Chernobyl plutonium (1 ton scattered especially near)) and other radioactive elements, asbestos, microbes, molds, GMOs, sea salt (even at 1000km), SO2, nitrogen oxides ( a study shows on the USA that they come from Asia, in part)

b) GMOs in semi-deserts are therefore dispersed all over the planet !!
Farmers can sue if they have strong backs, given their vital damage, and we would like justice to exist for economic and environmental crimes.

At the moment, it doesn't seem to affect our health in the short term (not like plutonium and pesticides).
But given the short-term studies on mice and the difficulty of proving the origin of diseases in humans (for asbestos 1 century, with a disease indisputable clinically for its origin), confidence is impossible and the greatest doubts exist.
Despite the DNA and the genes, we understand very little the mechanisms of the life of multicellular beings controlled by 90% of the DNA "junk" (junk DNA), mysterious, but which is essential for our life !!!
The complexity of deciphering the genetic code is staggering, nothing to do with a computer code: code within code, nested, the same code has very different functions depending on whether or not other portions are activated, in fact 4 billion years of evolution can only have resulted in an imbroglio !!
The difference between us and monkeys is less in the DNA code than in the way to activate and inactivate it (microRNA, silencing RNA, etc ...),
Also the current GMOs, conceived more in the 90s, are more like power hammers on a watch mechanism, and therefore by not really understanding life, to conceive them, this method can only lead sooner or later to catastrophes. delayed, especially with GMOs for insecticides, all over the planet, in addition to those already on ruined farmers !!

We must introduce a tax on real pollution in particular, GMOs and pesticides for future inevitable disaster (as for pesticides), nuclear (and not only CO2 from Sarkozy) to ensure cleaning, asbestos, GMOs, future nuclear and compensate the deaths, by our grandchildren over centuries and therefore astronomical cost, given the duration and future catastrophes (nuclear 30000 years with certainty, GMOs so bad luck worse millions of years, to reabsorb genetic diseases and extinct species, and the probability increases with the number of GMOs) !!
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 25/03/10, 15:54

For cleaning, it will be necessary to wait for the next Gamma explosion, or meteorite fall !!!

the damage has already been largely done, but it is not too late, especially since nature has very effective means of cleaning (not to mention cataclysms): "natural selection".
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 25/03/10, 16:28

"natural selection".

it sometimes takes millions of years to replace one species with another in the same ecological niche !!
Thus, marine dinosaurs have been replaced by whales, marine mammals, after several tens of millions of years, after their disappearance !!!
For humans, who appeared as homo sapiens, 200000 years ago, the adaptation to agriculture, milk and cereals, by natural selection is not over, 10000 years later !!!
The obesity epidemic is due to the inadequacy of a rich, fatty and sweet food !!
Natural selection for this wealth has started to cause a lot of deaths !!!!
It has surprising, epigenetic mechanisms on our grandchildren !!
If the grandparents suffered from starvation, the grandchildren have more diabetes and die statistically younger !!!
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 25/03/10, 16:48

phew! you reassure me ! : Evil:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 25/03/10, 18:26

No mercy for the croissants !

: Mrgreen:
0 x

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"