Electronic Ballast for lamp 70W

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Clay
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Electronic Ballast for lamp 70W

by Clay » 06/06/10, 22:06

Good evening everyone.

Do you know how much a ballast (including capacitor) costs for 70W lamp. In the 30 euros?
With the capacitor can we reach what power factor?

Thank you in advance.
0 x
abaddon
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by abaddon » 28/06/10, 18:36

Hello,

in some yams, there is a ballast 58W for 5.9 € conrad.fr/blocs_d_alimentation_lampes_c_52080_52686_52690

so I think 70 W is less than 30 €. At any good grocer in the area it must be for a maximum of ten euros ...

for the cos (φ) it depends a lot from one ballast to another (and especially on the nature of your lamp !! A neon tube or a filament bulb is not the same type of load).

Finally for cheap ballast, it will graze the daisies and if you have a cos (φ) which is greater than 0.5 you can be happy. On the other hand, if you put your estimated 30 euros, you can hope to have 0.8 and more.

Well, it's a ladle my answers .. it's really an idea not a truth engraved in the marble. If you want a more precise answer it is necessary to specify your particular case.

A+
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 28/06/10, 18:56

70 watts? That's HQI-TS or something like that, right?
It's quite expensive.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 28/06/10, 20:15

70w is not a characteristic enough to characterize a ballast: it is necessary to know the voltage and the operating current of lamp

for example for lamps TON 400w (high pressure sodium) it is about 100V 4A: the voltage is variable with the state and temperature of the lamp and the ballast maintains a constant current

for the fluorescent tubes, the current of the diameter of the tube and the voltage of the length: it is therefore possible to find 70w lamps requesting different ballast

with a well-chosen capacitor or ate a 1.000 cos phi when the lamp is hot: when the lamp is cold the cos phi is bad but it does not matter, it does not last

for the fluorescent tube the ballast is a simple self: one can make series or parallel assemblies to obtain the good power in the tube with current ballast and cheap

for the big discharge lamp the ballast is not a self to limit the current, it also serves as a high-voltage transformer powered by the electronic ignitor: it is therefore exactly the trick adapted to the lamp
0 x