EcoWatt 850 overall conso follower: testing and analysis

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

EcoWatt 850 overall conso follower: testing and analysis

by Christophe » 15/11/09, 20:58

We have just returned a great product: the EcoWatt 850 which is a remote home consumption tracker (radio signal). That is, you can view the total electricity consumption of your home live wherever you are in your home (well almost: staying in the range 40 to 70m around the electric meter)!

He is the big brother of PM 231 et EM 240, Econometricians on outlet.

It plugs in, via 1 or 3 ammeter clamps, just after the counter and therefore runs in mono or three-phase from 110 to 400V.

We can extract the recorded data via a USB port for PC processing!

This topic is intended to debate around this product and share results and analyzes.

We have a 230V three-phase one which has been "running" for 3 days with us and it really works quite well!

I say no more for the moment and I invite you to read the product sheet and description of the EcoWatt 850 USB

The ecowatt will save you money by tracking down the different "sources". We have already had a few surprises on our side ... : Shock:

Next and our 1ere curves soon!

ps: this device should be MORALLY COMPULSORY for all those who heat themselves with the electric one, the heat pumps (all) and even those which use VMC double flux with energy consuming motor turning 24 / 24 ... in short devices that consume a lot and / or a long time ... : Mrgreen:

Edit: download elink software update

Edit July 2013: 2.2 elink version
Last edited by Christophe the 21 / 03 / 14, 12: 56, 6 edited once.
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 15/11/09, 21:26

Good evening Christophe!

It's the most interesting product I've seen so far !!!

Do you sell it on the shop and on what voltage does it work?

What is the price?
:D
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: EcoWatt 850 global conso follower: tests and analyzes

by I Citro » 15/11/09, 22:37

Christophe wrote:ps: this unit should be MORALLY COMPULSORY for all those who heat themselves with electrics, heat pumps (all) and even those who use VMC dual flow energy consuming engine running 24 / 24 ... in short devices that consume a lot and / or a long time ... : Mrgreen:
The new condensing boiler is connected to a socket 16A, I thought to make measurements with the PM230.
The proposed VMC DF will, however, be reliably connected directly to the electrical panel (specific fuse according to the current NFC standard).
I knew similar products but ... more expensive. 8)

:?: Question: If we buy the extra clamps, can we use them to measure other consumers even if we are single-phase.
:?:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 16/11/09, 08:03

I actually think that it can be interesting to know your "hidden drinks", even when you are in bed.
But first you have to do a traditional evaluation to see if it pays to equip yourself.
The device is not expensive for what it does in the absolute, but from there to make it profitable.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/11/09, 10:53

Alain G wrote:Do you sell it on the shop and on what voltage does it work?

What is the price?
:D

Roohh ... Everything is indicated on the link, must click eh!
https://www.econologie.com/shop/ecowatt- ... p-319.html

Yes, we sell it.
From 110 to 400 V AC adjustable to Volt
And no we do not ship to Quebec :(

Citro wrote:Question: If we buy the extra clamps, can we use them to measure other consumers even if we are single-phase.

By moving the sending unit yes. This is the top thing in the middle of this picture:

It receives from 1 to 3 output jack jack of the amperemetric clamps. It takes at least 1 of course connected.
But it also works with 2 connected.

You can also see if your 3 phases are well balanced by disconnecting them in turn. You can move the sending unit as you want. You can even take X tongs.

I guess, I have not tested yet, we can even put 2 sending units on 1 receiver (and vice versa).

You can also see, in three-phase, if the identification of your breakers is right. In our case we have already noticed an error in a few days.

At the precision level, everything passes through the amperetric clamps: the cos phi is not taken into account and the voltage is fixed in setting (no measurement therefore).

I just thought about a calibration method I would tell you if it works well. Originally the consumption is I think overestimated (we can see the starting peaks of the fridge at 2-3000W!)) Compared to the "official" meter.

elephant, we can not always reason in terms of profitability if? How many items sold are not even profitable by nature? Yet they are manufactured and sold?

The ecowatt allows, if used well, to pay itself ... Given the price of electricity in our area (0.21 € kWh), it's even easy enough to make it profitable!

important ps: all the regulars forums (regular => 300 messages) are entitled to 10% discount for life on our shop, on this sum it makes a big difference! So if ecowatt interests you, contact me after creating your customer account on the shop! https://www.econologie.com/shop/login.html
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 16/11/09, 11:08

Christophe wrote:

elephant, we can not always reason in terms of profitability if? How many items sold are not even profitable by nature? Yet they are manufactured and sold?

Certainly ! And I wish you to sell a lot. But I remind you that we are on ECOnologie.com :D and therefore, we advocate rational consumption.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/11/09, 11:13

Certainly ... but from there to talking about "overconsumption" I am not following you!

Investing in a product diagnostic energy is still a little more econological than putting the same amount in any other home appliance consumer goods ...

In this sense, it is even rational consumption ... at least (more) intelligent ...

No?
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 16/11/09, 11:23

I'm not talking about overconsumption, I'm talking about being indispensable or not.

A housewife hunt is organized very well, in most cases with a PM230 and a calculator and spreadsheet.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/11/09, 11:29

False because your kitchen already you will never connect it to a PM because often they are connected directly to the terminal and I do not speak of the three-phase fueled cagesintreement incompatible with the PM and other appliances embedded where the catch is generally visible to the user only if the latter changes ...

In addition the ecowatt allows to draw curves and make statistical analyzes! You can also do it with the PM conditon to make an hourly record of consumption ... few people have the capacity!

In fact, PM or EM and Ecowatt are complementary and non-competitive products. The first 2 allowing to make a finer analysis of a device or a series of apparatus in particular ... the Ecowatt making it possible to make a global and statistical analysis ...

But there, you make the subject deviate to an Hors Subject which was not for the purpose of this subject ... :|
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 16/11/09, 13:02

Christophe

Thank you I had already noticed that by clicking on the photo, I access the shop.

It is unfortunate that it is not available here in Quebec!
: Cry:
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.

Criticism is good if added to some compliments.

Alain