EDF increased 20% of electricity tariffs in three years

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
fthanron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

EDF increased 20% of electricity tariffs in three years

by fthanron » 09/07/09, 21:02

Seen on lemonde.fr on 09/07/2009

In an interview with Paris Match published Wednesday, Pierre Gadonneix pleaded for a 20% increase in electricity prices in France in three years or more. "The increase will of course be spread over time. To give you an order of magnitude, if we spread it over three or four years, that will make an increase for the household budget of the order of two to three euros per month. ", specified the CEO of EDF Thursday morning during an interview on RTL, Thursday July 9th.

EDF "will need to make significant investments to respond to the Grenelle Environment Forum, and in particular to invest in renewable energies, but also to invest in the electro-nuclear fleet", declared the minister Thursday afternoon in the Senate." Investments are therefore necessary "and are financed" certainly by tariff increases, it must be considered, but rather, and I believe that it is a priority for the management of EDF, by internal productivity gains in the company ", she added. The Minister specified, when she left the chamber that there was" no question today of 'a 20% tariff increase ".

Oyé, Oyé, Gentlemen, Ladies and gentlemen, for your financing of nuclear power!
0 x
Frederic
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/07/09, 21:16

Thanks for creating this topic, I wanted to make one.

My opinion is decided on the question: I don't care what EdF will do with this money, but with respect to the consumer, is this a good or a bad thing?

a) An evil because paying more for the same thing: nobody likes.
And it falls badly in times of crisis but it was to be expected with privatization.

Here, we pay 21 cts / kWh for Belgian nuclear (not yet signed the green elec contract ...) with 20% high, taking 12 cts / kWh France would drop to 14.4 cts / kWh ... still good

b) A good because it will encourage (a little) less energy mismanagement ...

What is certain is that Edf made a huge ball of communication because if he had said 6% per year for 3 years it would be much better!

As a reminder: the +1 or + 2% increase in EdF electricity in recent years, did not even compensate for currency devaluation (inflation in other words) ... and it was not aligned with oil!

And a little reminder:

https://www.econologie.com/forums/prix-de-l- ... t2218.html

ps: those who have been sold heat pumps with a forecast at constant kWh will have a hard time feeling it pass ... zavé that to come on Econologie like! We would have educated them : Mrgreen:
0 x
fthanron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by fthanron » 09/07/09, 21:33

With pleasure Christophe,

I don't know if I have the right to do this: seen in this month's Terra economica Magazine:

EDF's expenditure on research and development devoted to the production of renewable energies amounted, in 2008, to ... € 8,91 million.
Or 9% of the research and development budget, when 28% of it is dedicated to nuclear power. It should also be remembered that 71,9% of the energy produced by EDF in the world is nuclear - compared to 14,4% for thermal power other than gas (notably coal), 8,7% for hydraulic power, 4,3% for cogeneration and 0,7% for wind, solar and biomass

By the way, the last EDF advertising campaign cost 10 million euros.

When I see these figures, it doesn't make me want at all to see money investing in this box!
0 x
Frederic
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 09/07/09, 21:56

: Idea:
Here, we pay 21 cts / kWh for Belgian nuclear (not yet signed the green elec contract ...) with 20% high, taking 12 cts / kWh France would drop to 14.4 cts / kWh ... still good

On your board:

Belgium 14,42

France 12,05
:?:
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 10/07/09, 00:14

Christophe wrote:ps: those who have been sold heat pumps with a forecast at constant kWh will have a hard time feeling it pass ... zavé that to come on Econologie like! We would have educated them : Mrgreen:
And for those who have invested "massively" in electric vehicles ... : Oops:
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 10/07/09, 07:24

This is to compensate for the purchase of photovoltaic electricity to all individuals who install PV on their roof with interest loan : Evil:

In any case after having collected 2 times more funds thanks to their loan than what they had planned they could have abstained.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/07/09, 09:39

fthanron wrote:When I see these figures, it does not make me want at all to see money investing in this box!

Well the problem is that we are not asked for our opinion: they will do what they want ...

If nuclear safety has a cost of 28% of the R&D budget then I say yes ... because if it can prevent an in / accident it is "profitable" ...

Citro: hihihih, don't worry, there is still room for EVs, they will still be interesting for a while ... as long as there is no ICT on them ... obviously!

Océano, I don't think so ... PV is the "energy contribution" ... it is far from representing + 20% and frankly there was not enough PV installation but in principle you're right (that's my opinion too ... which not everyone likes). For the contribution, it must be a few tenths of € cents per kWh ... if kk1 has the detail?
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 10/07/09, 09:58

What I don't understand is that these maintenance expenses were predictable: when you run a business, you plan these expenses years in advance so that you can finance them when the time is right.
It seems that edf has mainly thought of expanding abroad at all costs instead of predicting the future on what it already had.

Anyway, what I say is that I did not do the ENA and that the State is not the majority shareholder of my company ... this surely explains that.
0 x
jessle
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jessle » 10/07/09, 10:46

Of course, christine, you have to plan when you have a business.

for me they have to raise the prices

1 repay the public loan and fundraising on the 7.5 billion euro market

2 purchase of several companies abroad

3 EDF buys electricity from pv more expensive than it sells

4 nuclear power plants, the network must be maintained,
the new epr power plant which will cost 20% more (TIENT)

5 with the closure of businesses, other technical unemployment, the savings in electricity that everyone is trying to make, this represents how much kwh sold less.

the equation is simple

+ expense - money coming in = price increase

but it is the client who will pay for strategy errors.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/07/09, 10:50

Yes good remarks Jesslé (except on the PV see explanation above), to add maybe the "problem" of EDF pensions?

Christine, investing in a business is one thing.
The price of energy another: nucleo-french electricity has never been expensive enough anyway! Above all, it makes the military nuclear program profitable.

It is the anti-nuke who should rejoice in such an increase: in addition to increasing security (which is priceless), the dementation will be less "subsidized" with public money ...

This is theory ... practice I ask to see.

To see: Nuclear RAS https://www.econologie.com/forums/edf-et-la- ... t7513.html

The other ecologists (including econologist) should also be happy because this will encourage them to consume better!

Jesslé, did you set up your solar system then?
0 x