EDF increased 20% of electricity tariffs in three years

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Flytox

by Flytox » 12/07/09, 10:12

jlt22 wrote:Civil nuclear: no one announces figures.
I know there was Tchernobil which was not neutral ... alas

This does not effectively fill the disaster section of the daily newspapers. Cars are killing people all over the world all the time. We have "got used to it" and it is of an immediate effect and difficult to hide.

For nuclear, accidents known to the public are much rarer, the proportions of deaths and accidents are not the same. It is either a handful of casualties or a continental disaster. A handful of manufacturers manipulate information in just a few hundred sites. Whatever happens, what comes out is: "Everything is going very well Madame la Marquise". The best comparison is that our favorite governments forced us to live next to a time bomb , without asking us for our opinion and without our knowledge.

To stay on a note of optimism, Chouette! Soon the total deregulation of energy, liberal system requires, we will finally be able to make real savings ... on security. : Shock: : Evil:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Did67

by Did67 » 12/07/09, 10:25

jlt22 wrote:Did:

Being nuclear is probably an ostrich policy,
But how would one do otherwise....

Unfortunately, only nuclear remains, which can produce indefinitely.

Your reasoning demonstrates in an excellent way that there is going to be a break ... in our way of thinking.

1 ° If we put aside fusion - for now (the next 50 years) not perfected - nuclear power is not unlimited: fission needs fuel, heavy metals and ... more or less rare ... The known stock of uranium is hardly more important than that of oil or gas! But nobody says it. Ask about !

Certainly, other elements are "fissile", but by definition, as they are unstable (since they cracked to give other elements), they are not mass on earth!

2 ° Yes, the model that we have known over the past 30 years is no longer sustainable, even less generalizable! So you will have to change, even if for the moment you cannot envisage it "intellectually" and build a world where energy will be much rarer for each inhabitant !!! (it will be necessary to share, under penalty of wars - which has already started at the economic level: open your eyes to the presence of China in Africa where it has "flattened" France in its own "pre-square"!) .. .

3) My point (ostrich policy) was related to the dismantling of power plants. Let's admit, as you do (and you are in the ultra-majority in France), that nuclear power is needed, no other solution. What I am saying is that this electricity is currently sold off, because we do not take into account the treatment of waste (we only reprocess what can be used and store!) And even less the dismantling of power plants (we does not even know how to do it, let alone how much it will cost). So any serious economist would "provision" these charges. AND would charge more for electricity. We were there when we started this thread.

And I repeat what is only an opinion, mine: nuclear, in France, currently, it is the policy of the ostrich ...

And I bitterly regret that so few people try to see clearly, and to push into questioning the economic model that this feeds!

So let's go to disaster, "since we cannot do otherwise" ...

As Einstein said: "I do not understand why man has a brain, the spinal cord would have been enough" (he spoke of the soldiers on the occasion of a parade in line and in step).
Last edited by Did67 the 12 / 07 / 09, 12: 45, 1 edited once.
0 x
jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jlt22 » 12/07/09, 12:18

Hello DID 67

Your reasoning is correct.
When I said that nuclear power could produce energy indefinitely, I misspoke, I meant 24 hours a day, compared to other energy.
It is obvious that will only be a palliative while waiting to discover other forms of energy.
For maritime wind power, which only produces a sawtooth shape, engineers are thinking of building atolls of 5 km2, which would be filled with water up to 30 m above sea level during periods overproduction, and the energy would be returned by turbines as for hydraulic dams during periods of under production.
All the solutions that we can find will not exempt us
to seriously reduce our energy consumption and to change our way of life.
0 x
jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jlt22 » 12/07/09, 16:03

Some links for those who love reading and to not forget anyone.

Chernobyl disaster:
http://www.dissident-media.org/infonucl ... e_1993.pdf

Electricity report in France:
http://www.senat.fr/rap/r06-357-1/r06-357-11.pdf

Report on the energy research strategy in France:
http://www.debats-parlementaires.fr/13/ ... /i1493.pdf
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/08/09, 13:14

Tuesday August 04, 2009 - 11:07 am
EDF Electricity tariffs: the government proposes + 1,9% for individuals

What is this joke? There are still some who have slept! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 04/08/09, 14:11

Christophe wrote:
Tuesday August 04, 2009 - 11:07 am
EDF Electricity tariffs: the government proposes + 1,9% for individuals

What is this joke? There are still some who have slept! : mrgreen:

1) And + 5% for companies. We must remember that in the end, it is the consumer who pays - I have never seen a company press tickets!

2) He doesn't say when the next increase will be! 1,9% every quarter over 3 years, we are not far from the 20% of the CEO of EdF !!!

3) I still think that the starting whistle was given to an increase in electricity (I remind you that inflation is zero - so + 1,9% while oil had fallen, that's good an "increase"). Okay, that's still a political decision. The government backed down to jump better (2012, full privatization) ...
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 25/08/09, 14:28

This is what a friend sent me yesterday:
EDF: calculate your increase

When the government announced on August 4 an increase in regulated electricity prices of 1,9% for individuals, the newspapers reported the news, indicating that it was an average. But very few like La Tribune peeled the new prices and discovered the significant changes and disparities that the painless index of 1,9% hid. And none has published the increase grid.

the link:
http://www.agoravox.fr/actualites/econo ... tion-60585

0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/08/09, 15:05

Yeah I heard that, thank you for the precise numbers Bucheron.

So if we summarize:
a) + strong increase for small consumers (therefore economical)
b) + big drop for large consumers (electric heating ...)

Conclusion: ...? Does Edf encourage the economy or consumption?
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 25/08/09, 23:18

Obvious answer: Consumption!
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 26/08/09, 08:46

I just consulted the link of Bucheron http://www.agoravox.fr/actualites/econo ... tion-60585

and suggests reading this:
http://www.agoravox.fr/actualites/econo ... -les-60280, article and comments from Internet users

But the most scandalous is that this increase is quite simply contrary to the public service contract signed in October 2005 between EDF and the State and of which Mr. Gadonneix was once gargling: EDF's tariffs should not increase more than the inflation. However, a “moderate” increase of 1,9% is still 2,6% higher than inflation (prices have fallen by 0,7% since July 2008).

The truth is that EDF is doing badly, and that Mr. Gadonneix has made hazardous and costly investments abroad (British Energy, Constellation). Billions of euros have been volatilized, so it is now necessary to punctuate French customers to pay for purchases abroad (which have, among other things, benefited British taxpayers).

Great the liberalization of EDF, you don't find. We get stuck on investments and we strike out the average Frenchman without forgetting to pay himself a small increase ... Privatization of profits, mutualisation of risks, as usual!

Small tempo check, according to the EDF Tempo tariffs page, including tax

Night blue: 464 to 556 or + 19,8%!
Day blue: 577 to 703 or + 21,8%!

Night white: 948 to 876 or - 7,6%
Day white: 1125 to 1078 i.e. - 4,2%

Night red: 1762 to 1796 i.e. + 1,9%
Day red: 4929 to 5026 i.e. + 2,0%

Blue 300 days a year
White 43 days a year
Red 22 days a year

I have not checked the subscription prices, but it is already certain that my bill will increase by more than 1,9% for consumption ... SMOKING

And to finish :
Where we go against that the Grenelle of the environment is a huge joke.
In all ecological logic, we should adopt a progressive and non-declining billing system.
Namely, the more we consume, the more expensive KWH is, which would be a strong incentive to make efforts to reduce consumption and probably make unnecessary the construction of additional plants.
I change my bulbs at a golden price, my consumption decreases, my subscription ultimately increases I pay more than before, you have to be damn motivated to stay green.......

Or how EDF conceives the carbon tax applied to nuclear : Shock:
0 x