Consumption of an electric transformer

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Aymen
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Aymen » 03/10/07, 20:47

no inforfection in this world
0 x
dreamer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by dreamer » 12/12/07, 00:32

Hi,
I take the subject late but .... I would like to understand; ... you have measured that the transformers of all our devices that work more and more rarely directly in 220v (charger gsm, transformer router, transformer printer / scanner) waste the majority of the current used?

We look forward to seeing you!
Dreamer
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 12/12/07, 09:04

Well yes, it would take a button on the transformer because:
even if you do not use the device, any connected transformer consumes power!
the proof: it heats ... it dissipates indeed joule the current.

as much to integrate a network 12V in the electrical panel of the house, a circuit low voltage what, with the outlets that go well, harmless (no possibilities of electrocution) for all that is 12V: computer, hi-fi system, reader dvd, ......................... finally all that is electronic what, and not electric ;-)
0 x
dreamer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by dreamer » 13/12/07, 06:03

I was thinking about it .... to make a double network in the houses.
Is this an idea already applied?

It could be a good idea and it would do the job for the electrician lol

Dreamer
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 13/12/07, 09:41

no it is not applied, example for lamps 12V: a transformer is put at the last moment just before the lamp.

we even say not to put the transformer in the insulation glass wool, not to heat (as in summer) ...

some say "yes, but in 12V you need large wires" which is correct but not for small powers, we find ourselves alros in the configuration of a car: it is necessary to centralize the devices and the masses.

at worst the alternative 12V?

in any case, any 220 AC electronic device can be converted into a stabilized 12V: just solder the wires after the 220> 12 transformer, and after the diode bridge which straightens the DC power supply!

PC alims are very good for that and some go up to 500 watts ;-)
I don't know if the "NRJ economy" mode works in hardware ...

there are 12V bulbs on ebay shop; no car huh! 15W bass conso that illuminate like 75W!
and even some 5 W ...
I read that led lamps would soon be the color of those in tungsten filament, for comfort ...

in any case with this 12V low conso system, without 220 transformer losses, therefore, a small wind turbine can ensure all the lighting of the house!
that's what I'm building at home ...

an alternative 220 network is dangerous for health in the magnetic field, not to mention electrocutions.

I totally agree with your remark about the employment of electricians, but it is against the nuclear lobby that seeks to increase the demand for Watts, especially since it is liberalized : roll:
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 13/12/07, 16:50

jonule wrote:there are 12V bulbs on ebay shop; no car huh! 15W bass conso that illuminate like 75W!

In this style? https://www.econologie.com/shop/ampoule- ... p-121.html
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 13/12/07, 16:54

Ah yes!
I did not know that there were some on the econology shop, they are not very expensive in terms of ...
I will show them to my friend who lives in 12V! -)
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 13/12/07, 17:13

PC alims are very good for that and some go up to 500 watts ;-)
I do not know if the mode "economy of NRJ" works in hardware ...

Warning:
some are remote controlled by the motherboard, others do not support a zero charge, all need to be well ventilated
the power usually relates to the total of 5 and 12 volts.

recommendable cable cross sections: 60 watts (4,5 A) 1,5 mm²
100 watts and more: 2,5 mm² and do not forget to spread your loads over several fuses, like 220V. Pay special attention to the quality of contacts to avoid local overheating

do not forget either, that at conso (watts) equal, the ohmic losses in line are proportionally much higher than in 230 V
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 14/12/07, 09:38

yep chef! -)

for fuses, those of car are fine.
the 1.5mm² is the one for 220 lighting, the 2.5mm² is the one for power outlets.

anyway if the cable comes to heat, it is that the section is not big enough: remove a cable in //

all PC supplies are well ventilated, it's in the power supply!
in winter it chuaffe the room, in summer too ...

but good 15watts of light bulb, it will not look far either!

-----------------------------
a small question stp, if I serialize the 5V with the 12V, I have 17V right ?!
last question, if I connect a 12V battery instead of the "transformer 220> 12 + bridge rectifier" couple of the power supply unit, I still have my 17V output?

and stabilized in addition ;-)

it is to be able to connect a laptop which works in 15V (and 19 in recharging) on ​​a car battery, in order to avoid going through a converter 12> 220 because to go from 12 to 220 to go back to 15 I think that yields should not be TOP
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 14/12/07, 12:39

a small question stp, if I serialize the 5V with the 12V, I have 17V right ?!

the problem is that they have a common mass, so, I do not know very well how will get the polarities if you take the tension between + 5V and + 12V. Attention, see the characteristics of the power supply, because the current supported by the total is the smallest 2.
last question, if I connect a 12V battery instead of the "transformer 220> 12 + bridge rectifier" couple of the power supply unit, I still have my 17V output?

I do not understand very well: you want to replace the transformer by the battery? If that's the case, it's no. The voltage booster circuits only work in AC and it is the capacitors that do the job.

and stabilized in addition ;-)

it is to be able to connect a laptop which works in 15V (and 19 in recharging) on ​​a car battery, in order to avoid going through a converter 12> 220 because to go from 12 to 220 to go back to 15 I think that yields should not be TOP

The yields of the correct switching power supplies are of the order of 90 to 94%. There are portable power supplies intended for use 12 volts. At the price where are laptops, I would much prefer this solution.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be