Battery charger consumption: slow or fast charge?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
sebarmageddon
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by sebarmageddon » 25/04/07, 23:42

my charger, the universal energizer, charges the batteries in pairs, up to 4 at the same time
before charging the batteries, I make two pairs, using a tester, a pair is therefore composed of two batteries with a very similar voltage
I think it should damage the batteries less to do like this, well can you do otherwise on your side

concerning the fact of ruining the planet, on the contrary, do not say, the small streams form the big rivers, then if my small gesture can be useful, even just a little it will be good no, especially if everyone loads their batteries in same time

about nimh batteries, it seems like they shouldn't be completely dead, otherwise they suck, does anyone know this problem, or is that a legend?

a+
0 x
Pierre-Yves
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pierre-Yves » 18/09/09, 15:01

It is often said that the efficiency of a battery charger is of the order of 85% in slow charging. For rapid recharging, strong currents are needed: there is therefore an increase in losses due to the Joule effect.

Does anyone know the real yield in the case of a quick charge? or at least give an order of magnitude of the drop in yield?
0 x
optimization, energy savings
http://www.avel-vor.fr