Connectivity computer network on the shop

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Superform
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Superform » 22/02/12, 11:17

chatelot16 wrote:note on the CPL: it sends high frequency in the 220V son and as there is a lot of parasitic equipment must CPL boxes sends strong enough power to pass ... and all son 220 no shielded serve as antenna

Cpl is the best way to have a lot of unnecessary HF throughout the house

other detail this HF does not pass in the winding of the meter or differential circuit breaker: it does not leave the house

it does not go from one phase to another: problem for home powered by three-phase

some remarks also on the CPL.
I had the opportunity to test with a member of the criirem http://www.criirem.org/ the EM radiation of the CPL. It's almost zero, compared to WIFI, DECT or GSM, or even a low consumption light bulb (like, 1000 x less) it almost merged with the "background noise".

Similarly, regarding the meters, my neighbor has cpl 85 mps, old standard (not encrypted), when I arrived in my house, I received his CPL instead of mine with my cpl adapters of different brand, but of the same standard .
A friend had the same experience in his apartment, plugging a cpl into an outlet in the hallway, and it worked very well.
Conclusion: it depends on the electrical installations.

Finally, I confirm the problem for three-phase. If we have no problem, it is because all the sockets are on the same phase.
However, there are materials allowing the cpl to go from one phase to another, a phase coupler (between 20 and 150 €: conrad.fr/coupleur_de_phases_pour_prources_powerline_p_49300_49300_857062_857063
)

And always: use a biplite instead of an extension strip, see the new cpl with pull-out socket
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 22/02/12, 11:29

Superform wrote:
chatelot16 wrote:note on the CPL: it sends high frequency in the 220V son and as there is a lot of parasitic equipment must CPL boxes sends strong enough power to pass ... and all son 220 no shielded serve as antenna

Cpl is the best way to have a lot of unnecessary HF throughout the house

other detail this HF does not pass in the winding of the meter or differential circuit breaker: it does not leave the house

it does not go from one phase to another: problem for home powered by three-phase

some remarks also on the CPL.
I had the opportunity to test with a member of the criirem http://www.criirem.org/ the EM radiation of the CPL. It's almost zero, compared to WIFI, DECT or GSM, or even a low consumption light bulb (like, 1000 x less) it almost merged with the "background noise".

Similarly, regarding the meters, my neighbor has cpl 85 mps, old standard (not encrypted), when I arrived in my house, I received his CPL instead of mine with my cpl adapters of different brand, but of the same standard .
A friend had the same experience in his apartment, plugging a cpl into an outlet in the hallway, and it worked very well.
Conclusion: it depends on the electrical installations.

Finally, I confirm the problem for three-phase. If we have no problem, it is because all the sockets are on the same phase.
However, there are materials allowing the cpl to go from one phase to another, a phase coupler (between 20 and 150 €: conrad.fr/coupleur_de_phases_pour_prources_powerline_p_49300_49300_857062_857063

)

And always: use a biplite instead of an extension strip, see the new cpl with pull-out socket

precisely at my place it is not the case, and it passes however.
I am in three-phase 220v which goes to the kitchen for the oven and the electric plates and each other circuit is an alternating bypass of 2 phases each time, and the 3 three pieces are on 3 different circuits.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 22/02/12, 12:13

with the cpl and the three-phase we can imagine weird stuff ... for example a three-phase induction cooker which has a noise filter which connects the 3 phases in high frequency

the cpl is high frequency, it can pass from one wire to another by capacitive effect if there is sufficient cable length side by side ... it can also explain the communication with the neighbor's cpl

it is not the same frequency range as wifi and gsm

wifi and gsm between 1GHz and 5GHz
CPL between 0 and 50MHz

it is therefore lower frequencies which in my opinion are safe for humans ... but very annoying as a radio parasite ... the nightmare of amateur radio in short wave
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/06/13, 12:06

A study (well it dates from 2012 but I just found it just now) proves the harmfulness of Wifi and an increase in childhood tumors

Read also the recent discussion on the WiFi or RJ45 PLC: https://www.econologie.com/forums/internet-d ... 12435.html
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 27/06/13, 13:29

wifi is more worrying for health than the mobile phone, because it is more powerful and above all it emits a lot even for doing nothing, without trying to save energy ... unlike GSM which limits its transmissions to the strict minimum for do not drain the battery

another difference, the GSM avoids the frequency of 2,5GHz which is the most effective for heating water and all that is alive ... while the WIFI is right on it!

it is not to protect health that the GSM do not use 2,5GHz, it is more simply that this frequency is too sensitive to water and too much loss when it rains: so we have it left to WIFI which is used inside ... and tanpis if it's more dangerous
0 x
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 28/06/13, 09:35

Christophe wrote:Our supplier has one but I was more on the 100 Mbits model because 2.5 times cheaper than Gigabit (in 5 or 8 ports) ...

A netgear gigabit 8 ports is in the 40 €, in 5 ports, 20-30 € ... it's not worth it to put 100. The consumption is between 3 and 5W depending on the number of connected ports, it is very economical.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/06/13, 10:45

A 100Mbit 5 port now costs only € 15 https://www.econologie.com/shop/switch-e ... p-468.html

Gigabit is good but is it really already useful? Unless you want to watch HD videos on a NAS ... (and again if it's compressed it goes to 100 Mbit!)
0 x
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 28/06/13, 11:55

Yes, it depends on the installation and the number of switches. If you do a new install, normally there is only one switch, but a lot of cable, so we are not close to 20 € ... in renovation however we can have several switches to drill fewer holes ...

By the way we can have 100Mbit 5 port netgear for 15 € too ...
0 x

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"