Connectivity computer network on the shop

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 21/02/12, 14:52

chatelot16 wrote:4w ca would make 800mA in 5V so too much for a usb socket

I think that the small 5 port switch on USB plug consume much less
It must be the limit because in USB power, I find 5 100 M ports or 4 1 Giga ports ...

I don't really like the power supply via USB because it implies that another device is on ...
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 21/02/12, 15:01

antoinet111 wrote:I do the same thing right now, the cpl is not possible in three phase.

personally at home I have 3 cpl adapters (office, kid's bedroom and living room), I am three-phase and there is no problem.

Christophe wrote:Ah ah ah the famous BNC coaxial of our first LAN on Duke Nukem 3D and Quake 1 :) (1996-1998)

It was so full of false contacts or other problem (compared to the RJ45) that when we installed the machines before noon, generally the network did not work well before 16pm! Horrible!

If a pc was messing around it made the whole network crash it seems to me ...

ps: if you need network gear, think, if you are not yet equipped, at your store forum prefer RJ45 cables and network Thank you ! Here we are going to add a switch!

the best was duke 3D cable null modem (serial port) : Mrgreen:

Gaston wrote:
chatelot16 wrote:for those who are afraid of electricity consumption it is better to settle for a 10/100 switch

the 1Giga necessarily consumes more ...
Better a thrifty 1 Giga than an expensive 100 Mega ...
There are 1Giga 5 ports consuming 4 Watts ...

there are USB cables with two ports for devices consuming more than 500mA which is the limit on one port. it is found with some portable hard drive or portable dvd player / burner.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/02/12, 17:27

antoinet111 wrote:I had not seen this part of the store, I will deepen that, you think selling a Switch giga?

Our supplier has one but I was more on the 100 Mbits model because 2.5 times cheaper than Gigabit (in 5 or 8 ports) ...

100 Mbits is more than enough for the net ... but a bit short if you are in a hurry to transfer large files from one machine to another it is true ... now with NAS style file servers, Do we still transfer large files frequently? I do not really know...

Now the CAT5E cable we offer is Gigabit compatible so ... we may be putting both to know (cost issue):

8 ports in 100 mega
5 ports in 1 gigabyte
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 21/02/12, 19:17

For the device on, the box is by default so if it has a USB socket the switch is on.

Regarding the Fast-Ethernet Gigabit difference it is true that in conventional use there is always the limit imposed by the internet connection (ADSL or Optical).

Otherwise for data transfer and backups on a NAS, Gigabit is preferable.

When the coax at 10 Mb, it was the good time, no need for a hub, we chained everything, the plugs with the termination resistance and forward ... Haa Doom, Hexen, Duke Nukem, Diablo ...
So much memories...
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/02/12, 19:27

former oceanic wrote:Otherwise for data transfer and backups on a NAS, Gigabit is preferable.

Preferable but not essential because there is another limiting factor: a (very) good current hard drive under windows does not exceed 30 MB / s ... or 250 Mbps ...

Beast question: if in a network, we mix 2 switches 100 and 1000, we can turn to 1000 on devices that are only connected to the 1000? I know the answer but it's just to be sure ... : Mrgreen:

ps: the switch is online with 5 years warranty please : Shock: https://www.econologie.com/shop/switch-8 ... p-468.html
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 21/02/12, 20:43

Christophe wrote:
Preferable but not essential because there is another limiting factor: a (very) good current hard drive under windows does not exceed 30 MB / s ... or 250 Mbps ...

Beast question: if in a network, we mix 2 switches 100 and 1000, we can turn to 1000 on devices that are only connected to the 1000? I know the answer but it's just to be sure ... : Mrgreen:

ps: the switch is online with 5 years warranty please : Shock: https://www.econologie.com/shop/switch-8 ... p-468.html

We are more at 100/120 MB / s with large conventional hard drives, with SSDs we go much higher up to 500MB / s.

Otherwise no problem of cohabitation with 100 and 1000 on the same switch. It was not the case before with the hubs which made 10/100, a machine in 10 made pass the complete network to 10. It was sometimes raging in LAN when you just had a guy who still had his old card network when everyone had their DLINK DFE 530TX : Mrgreen:
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 21/02/12, 22:21

This is because the operation of the Hub and the Switch are totally different.
An image that I used in training - and that I come out to make understand how it works - is the sketch of strangers.

The Hub is the young guy who yells:

Hey Manu you come down !!!

The whole building and even the city hears the call.

The Switch is the young man who will ring Manu's apartment on the intercom. And in doing so it adapts its flow.

In short in the case of the Hub, it adapts to the lowest
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 22/02/12, 00:38

former oceanic wrote:This is because the operation of the Hub and the Switch are totally different.
An image that I used in training - and that I come out to make understand how it works - is the sketch of strangers.

The Hub is the young guy who yells:

Hey Manu you come down !!!

The whole building and even the city hears the call.

The Switch is the young man who will ring Manu's apartment on the intercom. And in doing so it adapts its flow.

In short in the case of the Hub, it adapts to the lowest

I know that, it's my job : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/02/12, 09:14

Matt113 wrote:We are more at 100/120 MB / s with large conventional hard drives, with SSDs we go much higher up to 500MB / s.

In theoretical hardware speed, yes no doubt, but under windows (version and gear of 2010) in current use I have never seen a transfer exceed 30-35 MB / s ....

In Linux and / or in Raid it is faster ...
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 22/02/12, 10:30

Christophe wrote:
Matt113 wrote:We are more at 100/120 MB / s with large conventional hard drives, with SSDs we go much higher up to 500MB / s.

In theoretical hardware speed, yes no doubt, but under windows (version and gear of 2010) in current use I have never seen a transfer exceed 30-35 MB / s ....

In Linux and / or in Raid it is faster ...

no no I'm talking about practical speed, now it all depends on what you transfer, a packet of small files goes slower because of the access time to each file, a large file goes much faster if it is not not fragmented into a thousand pieces. It is also necessary to take into account from where and towards where you move your files, if it is from a partition to another which are on the same disk necessarily it is the same disk which must read and write at the same time therefore c is slower. But moving a large file from one disk to another you spend 100MB / s without problem.
0 x

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"