Test Comparison Bulbs Led Luxeon - Compact fluorescent MM

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Patatrace
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Patatrace » 13/02/09, 10:39

Any news about the ampere consumption of LED bulbs?

EDIT: Eureka. By seeking to identify the standby consumption of my equipment (after reading the subject on the standby killer on the forum), I had a bright idea : Idea: :

The Brennenstuhl measuring device does not go below the 4,7w minimum measurement. This did not allow me to directly measure the consumption of the Luxeon 3w led bulb. I then had the following idea: I loaded a minimum amount of energy on the outlet (16,10w) and then I connected the led bulb to it.

I get 18,40w as a measurement. If I deduct the previous 16,10w, I conclude that the Luxeon 3w led bulb actually consumes 2,30 watts! (note that to avoid random variations in standby consumption of devices connected to the power strip I have reproduced the experiment a number of times but I still obtained that by isolating the bulb we get to 2,30 watts)

On the other hand on the device the cos phi has not changed and is still indicated at 1, which totally lacks precision.
0 x
Patatrace
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Patatrace » 19/07/09, 17:37

Hello,

Are there any tests for the new wide angle LED bulbs?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/08/09, 15:47

No, not yet, I don't know if I'll ever do it. Photos yes.

The light is more homogeneous in the cone of luminosity. But it still remains fairly directive.
0 x
Patatrace
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Patatrace » 19/11/09, 17:54

I have just tested the Luxeon wide angle and indeed the light cone is much more homogeneous (it is more pleasant to look at than the old model) and there is no more "loss" of light between the fins. ventilation, but it's still far too directive to replace a 35w halogen. Not to mention the whiter light.

I made a statement of consumption with the new device sold on the store, here is what it gives:

Old model not wide angle => between 1,5 and 2w
New wide angle model => between 3 and 3,5w

I cannot be more precise given the low consumption of the bulbs. But there is an increase in consumption of the new model. What is also a shame is that this bulb is not compatible with the spots (because of the overshoot of the lens and the perfectly flat surface which prevents it from holding in a conventional retention system).

In short, to replace a halogen definitively, we will come back later when there has been progress on the angle.

I also have in my possession the Elix 4w bulb and I have not yet tested it in real condition (it must end its life in a spot) but my first tests blew me away, the light is powerful and well distributed (no "cone") unlike the Luxeon 3w model. I think this is because of the reflective surface inside the bulb which copies classic dichroic halogens. In short, it's promising : Cheesy:

EDIT: Disregard the measurements of the 3w non wide angle model, they are distorted by the fact that this model was defective from the start. After replacing the bulb I realized that its consumption was really 3w therefore in accordance with the writings of the packaging.
Last edited by Patatrace the 11 / 12 / 09, 11: 50, 2 edited once.
0 x
Corpse Grinder 666
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Corpse Grinder 666 » 19/11/09, 21:25

thank you Patatrace;)
can you announce what is the consumption indicated on the packaging of the luxeon?
I look forward to your "review" on the Elix, I took the opportunity to read what the econological store had to say about it: really interesting :P
By cons I have not seen LED elix of lower consumption (to distribute the light on the whole room).
0 x
Patatrace
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Patatrace » 19/11/09, 22:23

In fact it is weird because the two Luxeons are given at 3W, but in practice this is not the case ...

From what I saw while taking a look at google there are currently Elix in their current form in 4 and 2w but only in 6000K. By looking at them carefully we see that the optics have been worked through because the reflectors are placed as close as possible to the source but occupy only half of the surface, the rest being the aluminum fins to dissipate the heat.

There are no large lenses like on Luxeons, the lens occupies so little space that one can distinguish the solderings around the led. In fact it looks like it's just a led (as we see on the diagrams of Philips leds) with integrated cooling and that's it.

It is frankly remarkable, we would put it next to a halogen daylight we would see absolutely no difference as for the projected light so it is clear and clean. For having rubbed shoulders with the old luxeon model (sold on this site) for months (it serves as a night light in a corridor before accessing the toilet, therefore a must;) I can say that I was flabbergasted.

Finally this said the new Luxeon is not bad either, it's just that there is not really progress compared to the old model if it is not a cone of light always visible but more homogeneous . In short, to use where you need a directional light.

I can easily recommend the Elix model for putting in a bathroom. Strongly the same but in warm color : Mrgreen:
0 x
Corpse Grinder 666
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Corpse Grinder 666 » 21/11/09, 07:36

Luxeon LED given for 3 W and actually makes a maximum of 3,5 W this remains correct compared to LEDs old models;)

I think about it but are the elix the same thing as the luxons: the lower the wattage and the higher the lux / w ratio? :
https://www.econologie.com/forums/test-comparatif-ampoules-led-luxeon-fluocompactes-mm-t6649.html
0 x
Patatrace
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Patatrace » 21/11/09, 12:11

According to the catalog available here: http://www.elimex.com/catalogue.asp?lang=FR see page 158

The answer is yes because

-the 4w model produces 180 lm but only exists in MR16
- the 2w model produces 120 lm but only exists in GU10

We are talking about models producing the same color temperature

If I understood the lux / lumen difference correctly, the 38 ° model will produce more lux than the 60 ° model, right? But on the other hand they deliver the same number of lumen.

While searching quickly on google, but without keeping the links, I understand that these models incorporate the latest generation of gallium nitride leds, which would explain why these bulbs are only available in 6000 K (it seemed to me having read on the Philips website that the color of the light depends on the material used but it would be nice if someone could confirm)
0 x
Corpse Grinder 666
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Corpse Grinder 666 » 24/11/09, 20:36

what is my good "gallium nitride"? : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/11/09, 10:29

Patatrace wrote:According to the catalog available here: http://www.elimex.com/catalogue.asp?lang=FR see page 158

The answer is yes because

-the 4w model produces 180 lm but only exists in MR16
- the 2w model produces 120 lm but only exists in GU10

I know these 2 models quite well because we are working with Elix and we offer the MR16:
https://www.econologie.com/shop/ampoule- ... p-316.html

Its price is quite high but it is the best MR16 that we have tested for the moment (angle and general brightness).

I think the difference in performance comes from the fact that these are not the same LEDs and that we do not know if elix takes into account the efficiency of the transformer on the GU10 or not ... in any case I do not understand why Elix has chose to put a 2W led in the GU10 model because it is very insufficient. If it had been a 4W we would offer it but 2W is too low.
0 x