Test Comparison Bulbs Led Luxeon - Compact fluorescent MM

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 13/12/08, 09:06

I find that the LEDs are very useful for ambient lighting.
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
delnoram

by delnoram » 13/12/08, 10:25

We now find 120 ° LEDs whose light is definitely less good when we deviate from point 0, but we are very far from the directivity of the multi-led spots at the start.

In addition some bulbs have a dome of this type

on the other hand for the spots I do not know what it is.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Patatrace
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Patatrace » 18/12/08, 20:43

Christophe wrote:
Patatrace wrote:I notice that 120lm for 4w makes a terrible output of 30lm per w, compared to 65lm per watt of Megaman, I thought that the LEDs had a yield x2 so it should give at least 360lm for this led. Weird ...

Good remark ... especially since there is no transformer!

I would have an explanation: Velleman's notices (where this Led comes from) are often "not very precise", do you rather in your "eyes" and my last measurements.

Now I would have to measure the actual consumption of these Luxeon bulbs!

For the measurement of consumption, you will need to equip yourself with high precision equipment, because to measure 1W it will not be easy.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/12/08, 20:47

Ben an ammeter (1 mA) and a voltmeter (1 mV) ca I :) precision should be sufficient right?

By cons estimate the cos phi need a double trace oscilloscope ... ca I do not ...
0 x
Patatrace
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Patatrace » 18/12/08, 20:54

For cos phi, isn't Brennestuhl's wattmeter enough? Mine indicates a cos phi of 1 for these bulbs.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/12/08, 20:58

To get an idea, yes, it's enough, but if you really want to make precision measurements, the PM230 is not ideal: its purpose is to make long-term consumption measurements.

Now is there any point in making more precise measurements than the EdF meter?
0 x
Patatrace
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Patatrace » 18/12/08, 21:06

I am currently doing a test on the Megaman 9W, the goal is to calculate its "average" consumption.

To have the finest possible measurement, taking into account the fact that the Brennestuhl wattmeter records the consumption only at 2 commas after kW, I left it running as long as possible.

I waited until the figure of the second decimal point changed to get closer to the most precise value and I calculated the consumption of the number of W per minutes to bring it back to W per hour.

Currently after 275 hours and 2,44kW, I get an average consumption of 8,88W per hour. But the test is not finished and I will let the counter run as long as possible.

PS: For sensitive souls, this is not a waste since the lamp replaces an 11w compact fluorescent lamp in 24-hour operation
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/12/08, 23:28

You have understood the method to be used!

8.88W is very close to 9W (less than 2%) and it must correspond to the ignition phases (a fluorescent consumes a little less at startup), this proves that for this kind of measurement the PM230 is excellent!
0 x
Patatrace
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Patatrace » 19/12/08, 10:08

Yes, I understood that when switching on it consumes less, I noted 6,81W for a few seconds. After that it varied from 8,76 to 9,52W so to have a little more concrete I decided to let it run nonstop and make an average.

The aluminum sink fulfills its role, you can put your finger on the bulb but not more than a few seconds.

However I am unable to do this kind of test on the LED bulb because the device does not go down under 4,7W.
0 x
Patatrace
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Patatrace » 30/12/08, 18:58

Here I finished my measurements for the Megaman Gu10 9w bulb.

Average consumption after 536 hours of operation: 8,88w

So it is the same as for the first hours of measurement.

I also came across a very interesting link, judge for yourself: http://www.my-led.fr/les_consommations_reelles_des_ampoules_a_led-gu10.php

It is a site that tests the consumption of different LEDs and I suspected the conclusion of bulbs with more than 60led or 48 LEDs: their cos phi is catastrophic. Okay, we do not pay the drifts, but the calculation shows a deception: The 60led bulbs consume less because their cos phi is lamentable.

Let me explain: in the test of the 3w led they give as values ​​0.026A and 237v. So if their cos phi was 1 it should give a value of .... 6,16w !!! It is therefore cheating compared to the compact fluorescent which for Megaman have a cos phi of 1.

Frankly after seeing that I am really disappointed, we could draw as a conclusion that the LEDs have exactly the same performance as the CFLs. I will therefore equip myself with gu10 Megaman 11w bulbs while waiting for the LEDs to improve.

Christophe, could we have your measurements and your opinion?
0 x