Comparative Luxeon and halogen bulbs in 12V + torch leds

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/11/08, 10:19

I do not know yet what it is like power LED (not had time to examine) but we have just returned a new model on the shop: https://www.econologie.com/shop/ampoule- ... p-215.html

I think it's a Luxeon or an "old" generation CREE.
0 x
Corpse Grinder 666
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Corpse Grinder 666 » 28/11/08, 10:32

thank you Christohe :D .
Knowing you through your posts I think you will not be long in watching it very closely : Cheesy: .

I also try to reflect on how illuminated my yurt because with the spotlights must completely revise its way of thinking about the light ... I am thinking of installing on the tonno, but how many spots?
0 x
iridium
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by iridium » 28/11/08, 10:38

hi christophe

It might be interesting to take measurements away from the center of the axis and compare the halogen to the luxéon.

Its could then be used by comparing a halogen and several diodes with equivalent power, the quantity of light and the light intensity.

see even tracing a directivity curve.

like her, your study will be complete.

a+
: Wink:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/11/08, 10:44

Corpse Grinder 666 wrote:thank you Christohe :D .
Knowing you through your posts I think you will not be long in watching it very closely : Cheesy: .

If I find the time because with the holidays it all accelerates (like every year !!)

Corpse Grinder 666 wrote:I also try to reflect on how illuminated my yurt because with the spotlights must completely revise its way of thinking about the light ... I am thinking of installing on the tonno, but how many spots?

install on the tonno? what does it mean?

iridium it seems to me that i did this right? We have points 2 and 3 which are far from the axis: https://www.econologie.com/forums/comparatif ... t4009.html

But it is on that it is only 2 points but we can already see the decrease in brightness with the LEDs!

0 x
Corpse Grinder 666
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Corpse Grinder 666 » 28/11/08, 10:53

toono: it's for the yurt : Cheesy: it's the central circle ;-)

on the other hand if someone has a "user manual" or something similar for the lighting of spots (knowing that it is no longer the central compact fluorescent), I am interested ;-)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/11/08, 11:21

Uh, what do you want?

Already you have to start from the necessary Lux, there is a table here: https://www.econologie.com/shop/luxmetre ... p-133.html

Frankly in your case for light up a Yourthe you know what I would do? I wouldn't bother with leds (which require a transformer with losses, or you must have 5 to 10 to have a "correct" lighting).

I would put in your place 2 or 3 compact fluorescent bulbs in judicious places, coupled on 1, 2 or 3 different switch depending on the mood you want:

Attention to the color: 2700K is classic bulb style
4000K is whiter, it is similar to fluorescent tubes (most are white even if warm colors also exist)
6500K is the sun so daylight, we also have a fairly powerful ...
Last edited by Christophe the 13 / 02 / 15, 22: 58, 1 edited once.
0 x
iridium
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by iridium » 28/11/08, 11:40

hahaha

wait, I take a crayfish acid and I go back.
a+ : Cheesy:
0 x
iridium
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by iridium » 28/11/08, 11:46

efficiency of a transformer varies easily depending on what we are looking for.
for a simu I use a small french log called simply transformer made by gravel bernard.

it would also be necessary to know the performance of the electronic part in the fluorescent bulbs.

if you have any info on it, I'm interested.

a+ : Wink:
0 x
Corpse Grinder 666
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Corpse Grinder 666 » 28/11/08, 14:06

please

fluorescent so I have no worries, but after I would be powered by wind turbine (after EDF: the time it takes place) so it's 12 v which interests me not to mention electromagnetic waves, LEDs are more advantageous (in a yurt the head can be easily close to the light).
However I don't need Jesus to enlighten me : Lol: : a bulb for the whole yurt, at the start, is quite sufficient, additions by or by the as needed;)

iridium: did you find a transformer with good performance?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/11/08, 14:30

Iridium wrote:efficiency of a transformer varies easily depending on what we are looking for.
for a simu I use a small french log called simply transformer made by gravel bernard.

Uh url?

Iridium wrote:it would also be necessary to know the performance of the electronic part in the fluorescent bulbs.

if you have any info on it, I'm interested.

a+ : Wink:

Knowing the efficiency of internal transformers is of little interest: it is above all the quality of the tube that determines the light efficiency of a fluorescent bulb and its profitability is defined by its ... lifespan! A Sino-Chinese fluorescent bulb at 3 € (ikea style and company) which lasts 1000h is worse than a conventional bulb ...

In addition: the more powerful a bulb, the better its performance. For ambient light, fluorescent lights are still largely above led bulbs.

Well we did a lot of testing in 2006 on it:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/ampoules-f ... t2124.html
https://www.econologie.com/forums/ampoules-a ... t2132.html
0 x