Comparative Luxeon and halogen bulbs in 12V + torch leds

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/09/07, 11:15

ps: i just found the lux notice .pdf
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 07/09/07, 12:00

Christophe wrote:Obviously the best would be a spectrum analysis but hey ... the econo lab does not really afford that ...

Who knows ? Maybe in some time (years?) You will run an approved laboratory to test the "ecological nuisances" of the products put on the market. :P

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 07/09/07, 16:26

Great ! Thank you for these tests! : Mrgreen:
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/09/07, 13:22

Well, Bucheron, we're here for that too!

Soon tests on solar cells (concentration) and the imminent transformation of halogen spots into led solar spots ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 22/10/07, 16:16

Test tests are encouraging: finally, to permanently light a corridor or a staircase it is quite sufficient, this 3 watt luxury.
In the first equipment, it is an interesting alternative, especially if we also consider the savings on maintenance (especially since the reliability of electronic ballasts and electronic transformers is blah!)
(and let's not talk about the fire danger constituted by the secondary assembly - wire - contacts - 12 volt halogen base)

This field still has to evolve because apparently the study of led's reflectors is not yet very advanced.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Pretoria
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Pretoria » 28/10/07, 08:38

Hello,
Since childhood, I have had a collection of torches of all kinds.
This collection allowed me to get interested 3-4 years ago in LED technology ... "powerful" of the moment) and other kit marketed by TERRATEC ...
I read your test carefully because I plan to switch some lighting to LEDs because for me it would facilitate the decoration of my apartment by replacing halogen bulbs (+ possibility of dimmer which is interesting compared to fluorescent) .
For the moment all my apartment is in fluorescent ... but to vary a little I would like to acquire halogen ramps and convert them with LEDs ... It is true that this type of LED bulbs is relatively ditrectional but there are also bulbs composed of many classic LEDs which are oriented in the bulb of the bulbs.
We find, for classic lamps, spherical type bulbs comprising 30-40-50 or 90 classic white LEDs but also bulbs with several oriented Luxeon LEDs (quite expensive it must be said).
It would be very interesting to be able to compare all these bulbs because they would be intended to overcome the problem of directivity.
For the moment I have not taken the plunge, I think that the solutions exist but it is difficult to find information on them.

nb: exclude nomame LED bulbs, the lifespan of LEDs is very random, for the high efficiency Luxeon and Cree seems to keep the promise, at least my torches which are equipped with them are exceptional
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Comparative Luxeon and halogen bulbs 12V + torch l

by the middle » 31/10/07, 08:57

0 x
Corpse Grinder 666
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Corpse Grinder 666 » 28/11/08, 09:34

and what to think of Luxeon K2 LEDs ???? or Z-POWER? : Shock:
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 28/11/08, 09:53

what? : Cheesy:

what lighting power, what consumption? Photo ?
0 x
Corpse Grinder 666
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Corpse Grinder 666 » 28/11/08, 10:09

for Z POWER:
http://www.dianaelectronic.de/faq/W42180.pdf

Luxeon K2:
http://www.philipslumileds.com/pdfs/ds51.pdf (in english ...)

otherwise there is also a new fluorescent style:
Cold cathode tubes (mercury free)

http://www.h2osmose.com/leds/

(the page only displays doc, although the site is commercial ... which I am not part of, by the way;))

If I am interested so ready on LEDs: it is because I am building my yurt in the coming weeks: I would first of all be connected to EDF, but in the end I will leave for a wind turbine;)
0 x