Build a very low speed DC generator

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 19/06/09, 16:37

Hello

A universal motor is a motor which can work either in DC or in AC in general these are DC series motors to which the stator is made of rolled sheet.

For the excitation of the motors or alternator we reach the limit when we are magnetic saturation
the maximum power that one can get out of an electric or generating motor and reached when one is at magnetic saturation, excitation and induced. If we want to increase the power either we rotate it faster or we magnify the magnetic mass

the speed of rotation is very quickly limited on DC motors the centrifugal force tears off the hoops, the windings, the collectors have a limited linear speed.

The saturation in a car alternator is linked to the excitation current (around 10volts depending on the model) and the saturation of the stator and link to the amperage output, from 60 to 80amps the voltage is not a reference.

Shorted the alternator output, excites to the maximum, 10volts drives it with a drill, the voltage drops to almost zero (shortness) the amperage flow rate is at the maximum.

This is how I test auto alternators

Andre
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/08/09, 14:08

A contact sent me this link: http://users.fulladsl.be/spb24077/alter ... rnator.htm
ou http://www.alter-nator.com (it is the same)

The main activity of ALTER-NATIVE sprl is the manufacture of low speed alternators for renewable electricity production applications.

The powers currently of the models developed range from a few hundred W to a few kW for rotational speeds ranging from 30 to 200 rpm.

I wonder if I will not ask for a price ... as soon as I finish the tests with the Tigger alternator!

Recently, the site www.alter-nator.com gives a little more explanation on the low speed alternator made entirely with materials easily found in shops, steel, copper, bolts, bearings, magnets.
The basic elements, calculations, diagrams can also be found on the site the mill (Canada)
Many books prior to 1950 deal with the characteristics of the three-phase alternator which for me offers the most possibilities.
The idea is to make an alternator à la carte according to the green energy we have (wind and small hydro) and put the electricity safely on the authorized network in Belgium using the inverters of photovoltaics.
Indeed, the power in W or KW, is a function of the number of magnets, the air gap, the diameter of the wire, the number of turns and of course the number of turns.
The low speed makes it possible to avoid as much as possible the eddy currents and hysteresis which cause the heating of the alternator; currently we get 89% yield at 150 rpm.
This means that we produce 89% electricity and 11% heat, which is significant.
We have just fitted out the Gerpinnes mill (which can be visited on Saturday and Sunday afternoon) and we are happy with the result, although for the moment there is not much water. (see video on the site).
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/09/09, 12:11

Alter-native (whose website is alter-nator.com) has just made a short video: https://www.econologie.com/banc-d-essais ... -4135.html

It delivers 2.5 kW at barely 205 rpm!
Overall efficiency: 80% SMA inverter included.
0 x
Blanchet
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: result

by Blanchet » 18/05/22, 06:43

the Boulle wrote:lut

I am working on a half linear half rotary half which will start producing the first turns ...

I keep you up to date : Lol:

Hi, so what does this generator do?

Beautiful day
0 x