All new {12V networks rather than 220V? ...}

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
rezut
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rezut » 24/11/05, 12:27

Hello

after realizing that I worked in a box that manufactures electrical panels : Wink:
I asked technical colleagues and ditto that you andre they confirmed to me that it was better to stay in 220v than to go through a transformer because even at equal power there is a loss due to the transformer which heats and which more does not necessarily have a 100% yield so in the end we consume more

rezut
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 06/12/05, 12:03

I think it would be enough to use 12V in alternative to make it parocurir by the usual wires, and to use a bridge of diode AT LAST MOMENT.
you can use the domestic electrical panel for lighting and the rest, just add wires in the ducts provided, it is better to shorten these passages, simply plinth. because yes at 220V the wires have A! the table can be used again because the circuit breakers operate in amperes: 10A for lighting (1.5 mm² wire for 220V, how much for 12?) 16A for sockets etc ...

a fairly large "12V home network" book is available on fotovolt.free.fr: in the Media library> Technical documents section

there are caravans accessories, everything to work in 12V at home ... or elsewhere!

thus + risk of electrocution, "for example", but also lower consumption, at nuclear level ... because electricity is not a fairy but a nuclear monster (personal opinion!) ...

when the raw materials of these plants run out like oil, we will laugh less to use an electric kettle 2000W ...

by the way do you know that 3000W contracts can be installed at home instead of the classic 6000W?
Last edited by jonule the 07 / 08 / 06, 14: 17, 1 edited once.
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 06/12/05, 13:32

Yes but after all that has been said, I do not see too much the interest of 12V in terms of consumption, on the contrary. At equal power it would be better to be in 220V. What counts for consumption is the power and we can do it with the 220V and low consumption lamps for example.

For the risk of electrocution it is true but in revanceh, there is more risk of fire because more amperage which causes more heating.

We could at least be in 24V but there may be less equipment available? ...

PS: I'm just testing the re-editing of messages
Last edited by nonoLeRobot the 18 / 01 / 06, 19: 13, 1 edited once.
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 06/12/05, 21:24

Indeed there are 3KW, 6KW 9KW 12 KW subscriptions.

Personally I have a subscription of 3KW, which helped me to choose low consumption solutions (including a pyrolysis oven which uses less than 250W once the temperature is reached and 2,9KW in the pyrolysis cycle, and washes. linen and low consumption dishwasher too).

However, this type of subscription is interesting if you consume little electricity because the KW costs more, even if the subscription costs less.

Thus, all calculations made, the 3KW is more expensive than a 6KW, and it costs me 40 to 50 € per year. But hey, on the other hand I consume less. I consider it my financial contribution to the protection of the planet.

In addition, it reminds me to look at the consumption of electrical devices and calculate which could work at the same time => low consumption + power calculations ...

In short, it is an incentive to consume less. The day when I switch to renewable energy, it will also be easier for me because I would already be used to monitoring my consumption.
0 x
The Passing

by The Passing » 06/12/05, 22:07

If only everyone could do the same .... : roll:

Well, speaking of electricity consumption, I found a simple and relatively affordable device to measure consumption. instantaneous and over time of an electrical appliance:

According to the doc, it indicates:
    - The "cos phi"
    - Instant intensity
    - The instantaneous voltage
    - Instant power
    - The power consumed (in kWh over a period)
    - and other parameters.

Sold at Conrad for € 21,50 for those it would interest (on a 25% discount until December 31, 2005)

I will be able to get an idea of ​​the cost of washing dishes or linen, appliances on standby, see if by feeding the washing machines / dishes with hot water, consumption decreases, etc ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/12/05, 22:41

Yes it's not bad this product but limited to a single outlet and power too ...

It would be interesting to be able to put it in series with the EdF counter ... just to see which one counts "better" : Lol:
0 x
The Passing

by The Passing » 06/12/05, 22:47

econology wrote:Yes it's not bad this product but limited to a single outlet and power too ...

It would be interesting to be able to put it in series with the EdF counter ... just to see which one counts "better" : Lol:

Indeed, all products of this kind [which I could find on the net] have a power limit of around 3kW.

In parallel, I am developing a more sophisticated wattmeter, which can be connected in series at the output of the EDF meter, or on a socket, etc ... and which can above all "log" the results of the measurements to use them from a PC. All this for a ridiculous price :)
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 06/12/05, 22:57

Yes, but when you have a 3KW meter like at home, that's more than enough!

By account, a Wattmeter which can be queried by a PC to measure consumption in order to have an idea of ​​average consumption and consumption peaks, as well as peak consumption hours over a fairly long period can be very interesting (referred to passage to RES).

I think I will acquire the Wattmeter that Benoit- offered us as a link. The price is reasonable.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 06/12/05, 23:57

Hello,
Heating elements for the OK dryer
Do you have heating elements in the washing machine?
I have never seen this here, the washer is supplied with hot and cold water, however I have dismantled washing machines of many brands.
This means that when you leave the washing cycle you have to wait for all the water in the tank to heat up? it must take some time to make a load, (to see the volume it must at least have 40 liters)
However the water of the electric water heater is normally around 160 Farh (the thermostat is in Farh) it seems to me that it is hot enough to wash .. why heat it in addition.

Andre
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 07/12/05, 00:05

the EDF electronic counter allows you to see immediate consumption.
Unless you have an inverter, the 3KW does not allow you to solder with a 3,2 rod.
Roll on free energy autonomous devices!
My regret is that I did not take a solar water heater; to make up for it, i installed my 200l balloon in parallel. , a small 25 l balloon. which heats all of its water in less than 10 minutes and which ultimately made the large water heater which I no longer use useless!
Great economy of current and water.

0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!