Help for a shedding

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
this
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Help for a shedding

by this » 16/05/07, 11:09

Hello,

I need information about load shedding, such as what is the benefit of load shedding, what are the disadvantages and which component does load shedding in the installation, for how long and what should be to shed?

Thank you in advance for your answers
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 17/05/07, 13:39

On our house near Metz, which was built from an old barn, we had the three-phase. Most of the heating was done with electric storage heaters. With the electric water heater, the heaters could not work together, even if they were distributed over the 3 phases. Load shedding relays stopped and restarted the electric radiators according to the phase load by directing the current to the highest priority.
At the end of the night, all the heaters had accumulated the maximum amount of heat to distribute it during the day, even if their cumulative power would have caused the meter to jump.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 17/05/07, 15:40

The principle of load shedding is to stop a particular electrical circuit, not urgent and large consumer of current, so that the instantaneous total power of the electrical apparatuses in operation, does not exceed a limit which one fixed, a little lower than the admissible power of the electric meter, so that it does not trip.
This allows you to take out a subscription, a lower electrical power, and pay less year-round.

If you have subscribed to a “off-peak” tariff, the electric cumulus only works during these half-tariff moments. We can take the opportunity to run in addition to the average consumption, the dishwasher, the washing machine, the dryer, the ironing, the oven, etc. : Lol:
I am fed up, because with 3 devices, the 45A counter breaks down at my place…
So I tinker, when I must necessarily 3 devices, I manually cut the circuit of the electric cumulus 10A, and it goes without cutting the computer ...
You must remember to put it back before bed, because otherwise, no hot water the next day.
You can tinker, by putting time programmers on each device, to start them later at night, to balance consumption.

Now if you have money, you buy an “ampere-metric load shedder”, which will automatically cut you a chosen circuit, for example the electric cumulus or electric convectors, big consumers of current, not to blow up the main installation, and who will automatically reconnect them when possible.
It provides peace of mind.
0 x
this
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by this » 20/05/07, 01:15

ok thank you for all this info but there is a major drawback if not everyone would like to pay less ???
0 x