Action against electric watches and hidden consumption

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/08/08, 16:30

Let it serve you as a lesson! It's been 2 times today (that + Laigret) ...
0 x
B.Nico
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by B.Nico » 25/02/10, 11:25

Hello everybody

I come to ask advice for an awareness on hidden energy for the general public during a radio exchange (so I bring out this old subject hoping not to do something stupid)

I wanted to present the "deposits" of energy hidden by household:

Let's take an example. It is common for a home to have a television, VCR / DVD player, a small stereo, a halogen lamp, a microwave oven and two electronic clocks constantly on standby. The total of the hidden energies is around 50 Wh.

The figure 50Wh comes from internet research and it is an average.

To show the importance of these consumptions I transcribe this result to France.

On our scale this may seem negligible. But if we take our hypothesis of 50 Wh permanent per household (ie 400 kWh / year). Reduced to 27,8 million French households (source forecast INSEE 2010), consumption would correspond to around 11,12 TWh / year. This means that approximately 1 and a half nuclear reactors are permanently mobilized for the hidden energy consumption of households in France.

* The results and figures obtained are from average.
Nuclear production: 418,6 TWH / 20008 for a fleet of 58 reactors. So on average one reactor produces 7.2 TWH / year. (11.12 / 7.2 = 1.52)

I made the choice to take a hypothesis of permanent hidden energy consumption to simplify my explanation by taking a standby time of 18h and 6h of operation I come across 1.2 nuclear reactor mobilized. But the results I find seem exaggerated ...

Thereafter I will approach the solutions to fight against CE:

- Device has minimized standby? (reduction / purchase)
- Power strip switch (deletion)

So here I am open to any criticism or proposals from you, especially on the means to fight against CE.

Thank you in advance
0 x
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

electric watches

by tigrou_838 » 25/02/10, 15:37

hi, for me it's easy, buying a power strip with the big red switch.

the computer and everything that goes with it on a multi.

tele, magnetosque, dvd player, and decoder, on a multi.

microwave and what's around, on a multi.

all this makes it possible to reduce the consumption of watches.

in addition on a bedside lamp, I noticed that by cutting with the inter on the lamp, the built-in transformer was always on, so inter on the son, equal zero consumption in off mode.

not to mention the washing machine like the dishwasher which are on solar hot water, but this is irrelevant.

tigrou
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/02/10, 15:45

A few years ago, I had made a similar calculation https://www.econologie.com/les-consommat ... -3563.html and I had found for the equivalent of all France of 1 nuclear reactor intended for the watches ... but all the watches are not useless ...

Funny I also took 50W of standby consumption but 18/24 ... and 18h ​​standby ... strange isn't it? :D : Cheesy: : Lol:

Take 50W at a rate of 6 hours of daily use and 18 hours of standby on average, this induces an annual over-consumption of 50 * 8760 * 18/24 = close to 329 kwh (or around 40 € in France at 0.12 € / kWh subscription included) .

On the other hand, I had only taken 10 million households but I had included, with a ladle, the eves of companies ...

Here is the article in question, precisely I present some solutions to it (the article dates from 2007, should it perhaps be updated?):
https://www.econologie.com/les-consommat ... -3563.html

If not, there is worse than the day before, there is the invisible day before here is an example: https://www.econologie.com/forums/consommati ... t5834.html

Finally, here is an interesting new type of device to determine the "background" consumption of a household: https://www.econologie.com/shop/ecowatt- ... p-319.html

ps: which radio is this for? can you cite econologie.com as a source of inspiration? : Idea:
0 x
B.Nico
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by B.Nico » 25/02/10, 16:39

Yes for the figures it may be that my sources are identical to yours (at the same time there are not 36 on this subject)

For the calculations I have almost the same article as you except that it contains a huge error:

Take 50W at the rate of 6 hours of daily use and 18 hours of standby on average, this induces an annual over-consumption close to 329 kwh (or around 20 €).

Multiply this by the number of households in France and we quickly obtain significant energies.

So with 10 million homes and a consumption of 50W based on the same hourly ratios and we get 3290 Twh (1 TWh = 1000 MWh) or the energy production of a 900MW nuclear reactor operating at full power for 3290/9 = 365 h or more than 15 days.

A Tera is 10 power 12 and a mega is 10 power 6. Apart from that I was inspired by trying to take current data (number of outbreaks / nuclear production), for the evaluation consumption of hidden energies is very delicate so there I took ademe data which I do not know the publication dates.

The subject by tale only deals with hidden shows from the story homes to keep coherence with the audience of the show.

For the appointment of Econology as a resource I prefer to inquire with my leaders before promising anything, if not to specify it is a local radio of the department of sarthe.

This small part is only an extract from a set of questions / answers dealing with the philosophy of the negawatts, in any case thank you for your answers which correspond to what I had in mind.
Last edited by B.Nico the 25 / 02 / 10, 16: 46, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/02/10, 16:46

B.Nico wrote:Yes for the figures it may be that my sources are identical to yours (at the same time there are not 36 on this subject)

For the calculations I have almost the same article as you except that it contains a huge error

Can you tell me where you got this item from? Because the author of this article it is me...

But I had "made" it for the network to get out of nuclear which, to my knowledge, never used it ...

https://www.econologie.com/les-consommat ... -3563.html

This text was originally written for an anti-nuclear association, hence the many references to nuclear.
Written by Christophe Martz.

(...)

Creation date: 18/12/2007 at 10h54

The error I just corrected ... 1 hour ago ...

The source you have is therefore a copy / pasted from my original article ... error copied! It's stupid for copiers ... : Cheesy: : Lol:

Good without laughing, where does the article you are talking about come from?
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 25/02/10, 16:55

There are worse than "domestic vigils"
In how many companies (including public services) computers (among others) stay on 24 hours a day, INCLUDING THE SCREENS : Shock: with a "screensaver" that loops on it all night and even on weekends.

And I'm not even talking about the lighting of the monument to the dead of trifouillit-les-geese that burns all night for nothing, but that's another debate.

So ok, I am willing to make some efforts at my level but should not always ask the same to make efforts and next to that let others blithely waste without saying anything.
0 x
B.Nico
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by B.Nico » 25/02/10, 17:01

Ah yes indeed, it is pure chance I had not even paid attention but it is obviously yours :?

Basically I used the book "the house of the negawatt" which has a part dealing with hidden energies (p105 to 107) it is also based on a consumption of 50W per household on average, on the other hand their estimate relates to l europe and wanted to bring it back to france.

It uses a Swiss study which indicates an average of 60W standby in this country and therefore it takes an assumption of 50 W permanent (hence my choice of 50 W permanent for the calculation of the emission) it arrives at a result of 440kWh / year for 120 million households in the European Union, consumption therefore reaches 53TWh. He then takes a deliverable of 1997.3TWh for 56 reactors and concludes that 8 reactors are mobilized for household monitoring.

The goal with this calculation is really to show the importance of hidden energies from a global point of view because they seem negligible from an individual point of view.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/02/10, 17:05

Yep Forhorse, that's why I doubled the consumption of individuals ... There would be work.

B.Nico, 8 reactors on a European scale, not to mention business intelligence it seems ok.

But you seem to want to drown the fish, apparently you do not want to cite your source, which echonized then? : Shock: : Shock:

You copied / pasted part of my uncorrected article above, so please tell me where you copied it from ... Thanks.
0 x
B.Nico
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by B.Nico » 25/02/10, 17:11

I'm not trying to drown the sorry fish at all if you think so. I can not say anything about the exact place where I took this text because during my research I made a copy paste on word without taking the source.

But I think we can say that it is taken from this site precisely if nobody used it according to what you told me.

Sorry but I can't be more specific than that in general when I only take the sources when I use them directly in my text without modifying anything.
0 x