220v DC 220v AC Converter

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
the boulle
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by the boulle » 20/06/09, 10:08

arf

I really need to meet you

one day when the finances will be better I will come and see you

otherwise I will send you a small PM

I have the possibility of recovering a lot of washing machine motor but is there really a simple and reliable way to modify them?

the planned wind turbine will be 2.50m of (8 bucket) diameter by 2m high in blade height, and of course on a vertical wind turbine .... very simple to achieve which self-regulates at a certain rpm

alain you could make some for sale, nobody sells this model
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 20/06/09, 15:15

Hello Boulle

It would be my pleasure to meet you! :D

What kind of motors are they, if you have pictures I would appreciate seeing them, because here in North America washing machines have inefficient motors, most have 2 speeds but useless to turn into a generator.

A guy from Quebec made small wind turbines from automobile alternators, the blades are 1.2 meters total, but by modifying the winding which for my part I find useless, but each one has his own process.

There is not a big market for wind turbines here, moreover, it is very recent that we could use them because Hydro-Quebec threatened to cut the main power to those who had it.
:D
0 x
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 20/06/09, 16:18

the Boulle wrote:arf

I really need to meet you

one day when the finances will be better I will come and see you

otherwise I will send you a small PM

I have the possibility of recovering a lot of washing machine motor but is there really a simple and reliable way to modify them?

the planned wind turbine will be 2.50m of (8 bucket) diameter by 2m high in blade height, and of course on a vertical wind turbine .... very simple to achieve which self-regulates at a certain rpm

alain you could make some for sale, nobody sells this model

Hello,

Everything is calculated even the wind turbines:
For such a machine, the recoverable power on the axis is evaluated at 600 Watts for a wind of 60 km / h with a rotation speed of 60 revolutions / minute.
Provide the alternator well because it is not going to be a cake!

Obelix
0 x
In medio stat virtus !!
the boulle
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by the boulle » 20/06/09, 18:03

bath the engine is always mounted in the machines the machines are always scrapped .....

There is not a big market for wind turbines here, moreover, it is very recent that we could use them because Hydro-Quebec threatened to cut the main power to those who had it.

are not very easy at home ......

Everything is calculated even the wind turbines:
For such a machine, the recoverable power on the axis is evaluated at 600 Watts for a wind of 60 km / h with a rotation speed of 60 revolutions / minute.
Provide the alternator well because it is not going to be a cake!

600w under 12v or 600w under 220v ?? its changes everything .... you have to even use it too ...

in any case thank you for calculating it
0 x
nono61
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by nono61 » 16/01/12, 13:36

Hello

I allow myself to "dig up this post" for the good reason that there was no solution or feedback provided to the problem, and I am keenly interested in this subject, because I have in my possession a 30 amp self-synchronous servomotor from LEROY SOMMER , this permanent magnet motor can work as a generator but at a frequency of 200 hz, so I am looking for a way to transform the 200 hz continuously and then to pass it into 50 periods using an inverter!
unless someone has a solution to transform it so that it delivers 50 hz directly?
thank you to those who will devote some of their time and knowledge to me.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 16/01/12, 14:17

Converting 200Hz continuously is simple: 4 diodes
on the other hand, transforming continuous into 50Hz is a bit more complicated.
In theory it's simple, all you need is an H-bridge (based on IGBT for example) and an oscillator to control it (generally we cut at high frequencies and we reconstitute the sine wave by modulating the width of the pulses , it can be done relatively simply with a microcontroller)
The problem is that it is power electronics, and that in this field nothing is simple and it generally requires a lot of experience so that everything does not explode the first time you switch on.
And to make 230V / 50Hz you need something like 300VDC at the start (230V is an effective voltage, in reality the top of the sine wave is at 325V = max voltage)

The easiest I think is to start from a frequency converter that is supplied by the terminals of the DC bus. Or to use an inverter designed specifically for so-called "renewable energy" applications.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 16/01/12, 15:03

30 A is big, in all, copper wires and others and therefore you have to know the power electronics in addition to tinkering, if not smoke and fire!

At low power an ordinary tampered inverter can work, with the low voltage of the battery supplied by a 200Herz step-down transformer and rectifier.
We can be grafted on the high DC voltage of the inverter, after adequate transformer and rectification to have the mini DC of 220Vx2 ^ (0,5).

Otherwise for power, with large copper wires, we can add power transistors at the output of such an inverter, very cooled transistors on a large cooler.
But you have to understand the electronics of the inverter taken as a starting example.
0 x
nono61
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by nono61 » 16/01/12, 20:37

Thank you for your contributions

I see that it looks complicated rectification + inverter version!

I will try to focus my research on modifying the servomotor so that it produces 50hz directly!

my reflection on this subject would be to be able to divide the poles by 4 by taking off the magnets to put them back in rows of 4 with the same polarity instead of bands with alternating polarities; of the fact I will divide by 4 the poles so the frequency of 200hz also.
it's clear to me, but not easy to write down!
I did not find anything on the forums from the Net about this type of engine!
I'm listening !
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 16/01/12, 22:32

What's going to drive your generator?
Because the frequency will mainly depend on the regularity of the training.
0 x
nono61
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by nono61 » 17/01/12, 10:59

I will train the generator using a heat engine, I know it is not environmentally friendly, but it is only to have a source of three-phase with a high amperage for a machine that serves very little! and that an 220 / 380 frequency converter of this power costs the skin and I already have the servomotor on hand.

I have another project in mind, it's a wind turbine for which I already have the main ingredients:
- a generator 24 volt continuous which is a very big dynamo of a former construction machine (I even bought 3)
- an inverter 24 Dc / 220AC
- Two big batteries of 12 volt in series

I will only have to make a mast of the blades, support ...
I have not thought yet whether I would do horizontal or vertical axis, I do not have much time right now.

I have at my work a workshop equipped with machine tools (electroerosion milling lathes, welding stations ...) computer-aided design stations. but I do not have enough data and knowledge to design the wind part.
0 x