Reload 2V 12 1 batteries in series with one charger?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 26/05/09, 14:06

: Arrow: Since the time you've been thinking about it ... : Lol:

I would have bought 2 Tronic T4X tip top chargers for 17 € from lidl and I would have connected them in parallel.

This is the solution adopted by many users of some Chinese electric scooters equipped with crappy chargers.
We have already spoken at length here and many others forums, of which electric vehicles have also been successfully tested.

Let's not forget that lead batteries whose longevity is not extraordinary appreciate to be "treated with respect" ...
: Lol:
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 26/05/09, 14:25

citro wrote:: arrow: Since the time that you think about it ... : Lol:

I would have bought 2 Tronic T4X tip top chargers for 17 € from lidl and I would have connected them in parallel.

This is the solution adopted by many users of some Chinese electric scooters equipped with crappy chargers.
We have already spoken at length here and many others forums, of which electric vehicles have also been successfully tested.

Let's not forget that lead batteries whose longevity is not extraordinary appreciate to be "treated with respect" ...
: Lol:

: Lol: Yeah, considering the electrical expenditure of all forumowers! And, a priori, a single additional charger would suffice because it already has one! : Lol:

But wouldn't it be more of a serial connection? at the same time, chargers should not like too much ... :D
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/05/09, 14:36

Uh Citro? Is it series or // chargers? Because // that's what I'm currently doing ... but in 2 steps : Cheesy:

In series: the + of one of the chargers = the - of the other so as much to put the 2 chargers in series to obtain 24V but there is no risk there? Especially since they are "smart" chargers which analyze the voltage of the battery I believe?

SixK, that's what I'm doing here but the goal is precisely not to have to touch the internal wiring of the batteries ... that's the problem ...
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 26/05/09, 14:46

Last edited by I Citro the 26 / 05 / 09, 22: 53, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/05/09, 14:53

Ok I understood so we can put 2 smart chargers in series? Astonishing ...

For the link, sorry but you have to be registered ... you don't want to copy paste the diagram here please? :?

How does your scooter charger work? Is it a constant current charger? With delta peak?
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 26/05/09, 15:33

Christophe wrote:Ok I understood so we can put 2 smart chargers in series? Astonishing ...

For the link, sorry but you have to be registered ... you don't want to copy paste the diagram here please? :?

How does your scooter charger work? Is it a constant current charger? With delta peak?
You put me a glue, for my scooter charger, as for the TRONIC (which I also have). Dirk Pitt you would have answered from memory, but I don't have that in mind anymore ...

Sorry for the link that doesn't work ... And then I wouldn't want to violate any copyright rules.
:?
I'm sending you a PM on an idea that has been bothering me for some time ... : Arrowl:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/05/09, 15:42

Uh ok I look at my PM but what copyright is it copyrighted a forum ?

If it's like the tronic, then it's like my tecmate:

It is not a constant current but an "optimized" voltage curve which depends on the state of discharge of the battery ... it is noted that this only works for lead batteries.

But if it's really the same as you got it would meanSo we could recharge NiCds "without risk" with an intelligent lead battery charger?

My tecmate is limited to 600 mA in output current in all cases so in my case it's good: less than 1/10 ... It remains to be seen if it manages to "cut" the load? Because apparently the detection of the end of charge is more difficult with nicds than lead batteries and even worse with nimhs (I'm not even talking about li-ion) ...

For the operation of the tecmate (I still have the 1st generation accumulate optimate in 12V): http://www.accumate.com/612/

Operation: https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... OnOMBW.pdf

0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 26/05/09, 16:03

: Arrow: I have more details in mind ... I think the Tronic is primarily intended for lead batteries.
It has 3 charging programs: motorcycle / auto / auto "boost".
The rated charge current is 3.6A, I believe.

For copyright forum, this is just to say that it is more elegant to quote the sources ... rather than to pump wildly ...
:?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/05/09, 16:07

Ben you would have cited the source, not my fault if the modo locks access to its forums... whatever ...
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 26/05/09, 17:07

Summary:
1. The track of the voltage multipliers is wrong, as this requires an AC source.
2.Relays can switch the assembly from series to parallel and vice versa. I have a minimum of 3 contacts
3.if 2 chargers are stupid : Cheesy: we can put them in series.
4. If the intelligence of the chargers is based on the output voltage, they can also be put in series. In fact, each charger is connected to one of the batteries
0 x