Political choices to create and maintain unemployment

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
humus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!
posts: 495
Registration: 20/12/20, 09:55
x 231

Political choices to create and maintain unemployment




by humus » 25/08/21, 08:35

To come back to what some call "determinisms", or even "natural" rules, which tend to disempower the human being for the consequences of his own acts and inactions, while the world around us is the result of human choices , therefore political.

An example in comics, unemployment vs monetary stability.
0 x
Living is the most evolved state of matter. H. Reeves
We are the average of the 5 people we meet the most, pay attention to our associates on forum. : Wink:

ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 9922
Registration: 29/12/19, 11:58
x 499

Re: Political choices




by ABC2019 » 25/08/21, 08:59

humus wrote:To come back to what some call "determinisms", or even "natural" rules, which tend to disempower the human being for the consequences of his own acts and inactions, while the world around us is the result of human choices , therefore political.

An example in comics, unemployment vs monetary stability.

the criticism is to have put people out of work, therefore to have impoverished them, therefore to have prevented them from consuming more and producing more CO2, is that it?
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)
humus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!
posts: 495
Registration: 20/12/20, 09:55
x 231

Re: Political choices




by humus » 25/08/21, 09:52

ABC2019 wrote:the criticism is to have put people out of work, therefore to have impoverished them, therefore to have prevented them from consuming more and producing more CO2, is that it?

This is an example, there is no reproach, simply the observation that we do not revolt enough.
By invoking external causes (determinisms, natural laws, market laws, etc.) we condition ourselves on our own inability to change anything.

I like the conclusion of Chico Mendes assassinated in 1988: "ecology without social struggle is gardening"

and that of Benoît Collombat: "the economy at the service of the common good, without real control of monetary and financial tools, it is chatter"
0 x
Living is the most evolved state of matter. H. Reeves
We are the average of the 5 people we meet the most, pay attention to our associates on forum. : Wink:
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 9922
Registration: 29/12/19, 11:58
x 499

Re: Political choices




by ABC2019 » 25/08/21, 09:56

humus wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:the criticism is to have put people out of work, therefore to have impoverished them, therefore to have prevented them from consuming more and producing more CO2, is that it?

This is an example, there is no reproach, simply the observation that we do not revolt enough.

but do we revolt so that people are less poor, and therefore richer, in general?
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)
humus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!
posts: 495
Registration: 20/12/20, 09:55
x 231

Re: Political choices




by humus » 25/08/21, 09:58

ABC2019 wrote:
humus wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:the criticism is to have put people out of work, therefore to have impoverished them, therefore to have prevented them from consuming more and producing more CO2, is that it?

This is an example, there is no reproach, simply the observation that we do not revolt enough.

but do we revolt so that people are less poor, and therefore richer, in general?

Sorry your game does not work with me. : Wink:
0 x
Living is the most evolved state of matter. H. Reeves
We are the average of the 5 people we meet the most, pay attention to our associates on forum. : Wink:

ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 9922
Registration: 29/12/19, 11:58
x 499

Re: Political choices




by ABC2019 » 25/08/21, 10:01

humus wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:
humus wrote:This is an example, there is no reproach, simply the observation that we do not revolt enough.

but do we revolt so that people are less poor, and therefore richer, in general?

Sorry your game does not work with me. : Wink:

it's not a game, it's a serious question, see the yellow vests for example: they were asking for more money, basically?

because if it is to have less money, there is no need to revolt, it is enough to give what one finds to have in excess to others, who will be very happy.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)
humus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!
posts: 495
Registration: 20/12/20, 09:55
x 231

Re: Political choices




by humus » 25/08/21, 10:32

ABC2019 wrote:
humus wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:but do we revolt so that people are less poor, and therefore richer, in general?

Sorry your game does not work with me. : Wink:

it's not a game, it's a serious question, see the yellow vests for example: they were asking for more money, basically?

because if it is to have less money, there is no need to revolt, it is enough to give what one finds to have in excess to others, who will be very happy.

There is nothing serious in your words, there is even quite the opposite.
What people ask is to live a decent life, not necessarily more money, nor to waste your life earning it.
Where your point is not serious, it is that you reason in the current iniquitous and absurd (suicidal) system and do not consider for a single moment that it could be otherwise.
I insist, we do not revolt enough

and you particularly, those named the funny ones here and whom I prefer to nickname the double blind, those who do not see anything outside their blinders.
I'm not playing your game of putting everything in your blinkers, it's a waste of everyone's time.
1 x
Living is the most evolved state of matter. H. Reeves
We are the average of the 5 people we meet the most, pay attention to our associates on forum. : Wink:
User avatar
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 6692
Registration: 11/06/09, 13:08
Location: High Beaujolais.
x 631

Re: Political choices




by sen-no-sen » 25/08/21, 10:51

humus wrote:To come back to what some call "determinisms", or even "natural" rules, which tend to disempower the human being for the consequences of his own acts and inactions, while the world around us is the result of human choices , therefore political.


Determinisms do not disempower humans! We must not confuse determinism and fatalism.
Determinism is to make simple the action step by step according to a principle of causality.
The very large number of interactions in the world quickly lead us to what is called deterministic chaos, which on a human scale allows us to have a certain degree of freedom of action.
In the specific case of unemployment, everything is not just a question of "bad politicians" in the maneuver, it is also necessary to include a convergence of antagonistic decisions (including political leaders, unions, workers, social and societal evolution).
In France we have an overall unemployment * of around 20% ... Social housing in abundance, social minima which under-proletarianizes the populations, yet and in unison I am still awaiting serious proposals aimed at eradicating such state of affairs.
In this area, the so-called civil society does little better than to propose to accentuate the problem by aid and "always more".


1) That is to say of unemployment any category and not only cat A!
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 9922
Registration: 29/12/19, 11:58
x 499

Re: Political choices




by ABC2019 » 25/08/21, 11:13

humus wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:
humus wrote:Sorry your game does not work with me. : Wink:

it's not a game, it's a serious question, see the yellow vests for example: they were asking for more money, basically?

because if it is to have less money, there is no need to revolt, it is enough to give what one finds to have in excess to others, who will be very happy.

There is nothing serious in your words, there is even quite the opposite.
What people ask is to live a decent life, not necessarily more money, nor to waste your life earning it.

it seems to me all the same that most of the time, the difficulties of life are due to the lack of money, and this is what people express, in any case for the yellow vests that seemed clear to me. It is all the same part of the project of additional tax on gasoline, which was rather "ecological" and continues besides to be asked by the ecologists - thus the only disadvantage for them of the tax, it was to remove them money, otherwise I don't see why they would have been against it.

What would you suggest as a change for the yellow vests then?
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)
User avatar
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 4253
Registration: 04/12/08, 14:34
x 412

Re: Political choices




by Macro » 25/08/21, 11:57

ABC2019 wrote:
What would you suggest as a change for the yellow vests then?


Citizen consultation : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...


 


  • Similar topics
    Replies
    views
    Last message

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"

Who is online ?

Users browsing this forum : No registered users and 7 guests