Understand the world we live in?

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Understand the world we live in?

View GuyGadeboisTheBack » 17/12/23, 00:39

No more problems with messaging (Thunderbird).
0 x
Christophe

View Christophe » 17/12/23, 02:33

The better world:

I'm a teacher, it's freezing in stone, I throw buckets of water in the playground so that the students can slide. Everybody is happy ! We extend recess.
I'm a principal, the playground is icy, I ask the school workers to throw road salt all over the playground.
Everybody is happy ! Outdoor recess is shortened.
Holidays.
In 1969:
After spending 15 days of vacation with family, in Brittany, in the caravan towed by a 403 Peugeot, the vacation ends.
The next day, you go back to work, fresh and refreshed.
In 2016:
After 2 weeks in Reunion and Mauritius, obtained inexpensively thanks to the “vacation vouchers” from the Works Council, you return tired and exhausted by 4 hours of waiting at the airport, followed by 12 hours flight.
At work, you need 1 week to recover from jet lag!
In 1969:
Milk, butter and eggs
You go to get milk from the dairyman, who says hello to you, with your aluminum can, and you take butter, made with cow's milk, cut by the lump. Then you ask for a dozen and a half eggs, which he takes out of a large glass bowl.
You pay with the milkmaid's smile, and you go out into the bright sunshine.
The whole thing took 10 minutes.
In 2016:
You take a crappy shopping cart with a stuck wheel and make it go in every direction except the one you want.
You go through the door which should turn but which is stopped by an idiot pushing it, then you look for the creamery section, where you freeze them, to choose from 12 brands the butter which should be made from community milk. Finally you are looking for the deadline...
For the milk:
You must choose with vitamins, organic, low-fat, very low-fat, infants, children, sick or better on sale with the date on it and the composition......
For the 12 eggs:
You look for the date of laying, the name of the company and above all you check that they are not cracked or broken and bam!!! You put a lot of yellow on your pants!!!
You stand in line at the checkout. The fat lady in front of you took a promotional item that doesn't have a barcode... So you wait, and you wait.....,
Then still with that damn crappy shopping cart, you go out to look for your vehicle in the rain. You can't find it because you forgot the aisle number.........
Finally, after loading the car, you have to carry the rotten machine back and there, you will realize that it is impossible to recover your 1 euro coin.....
You return to your car in the rain which has intensified.
It's been over an hour since you left.
Take a plane trip.
In 1969:
You are traveling on an Air France plane. We give you food and invite you to drink whatever you want, all served by beautiful flight attendants, and your seat is so wide that two people can sit together.
In 2016:
You enter the plane while continuing to fasten your belt that you were made to remove at customs to go through the check.
You sit in your seat and, if you sneeze a little too hard, you nudge your neighbor.
If you're thirsty, the steward brings you the menu and the prices are staggering.
In 1969:
Michel has to go to the forest after class. He shows Jean his knife with which he plans to make a slingshot.
The director sees his knife and asks him where he bought it so he can go buy one like it.
In 2016:
The school closes. We call the police. We take Michel to preventive treatment.
TF1 presents the case on the news live from the school gate.
In 1969:
You're doing something stupid in class. The teacher gives you two. When you get home, your father gives you two more.
In 2016:
You're doing something stupid. The teacher asks you for forgiveness.
Your dad buys you a games console and is going to beat the shit out of the teacher!!!
In 1969:
Dominique and Marc argue. They punch each other a few times after class.
The others encourage them, Marc wins.
They shake hands and they are friends for life.
In 2016:
The school closes. FR3 proclaims school violence, relayed by BFMTV and ITélé in a loop and TF1 on the 20 p.m. news.
The next day, Le Parisien and France Soir made it their front page and wrote 5 columns on the affair.
In 1969:
Jean falls during a run. He hurts his knee and cries. His teacher Jocelyne joins him, takes him in her arms to comfort him.
In two minutes Jean is much better and continues the race.
In 2016:
Jocelyne is accused of perversion of a minor and finds herself unemployed; she will receive a 3-year suspended prison sentence.
Jean goes from therapy to therapy for 5 years. Her parents are seeking damages from the school for negligence, and from the teacher for emotional trauma. They win both cases.
The teacher, unemployed and in debt, commits suicide by throwing herself from the top of a building. Later, Jean will succumb to an overdose in the depths of a squat!!!
In 1969:
Comes the last Sunday in October.
Nothing happens.
In 2016:
It's time change day: people are suffering from insomnia and depression.
As the other says: We live in truly wonderful times!!!
1 x
Flytox

View Flytox » 17/12/23, 18:25

Thank you Gegyx
By taking your pdf it worked. :P
1 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View gegyx » 17/12/23, 19:30

the pdf I made with wind10, by doing "print". For the printing destination, instead of going to your usual printer, you choose "microsoft print to pdf" and you look at the destination. My problem is that the links in the pdf are not interactive.
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View Exnihiloest » 21/12/23, 11:23

Article 4 is the logical consequence of the shameless excesses of anti-vaxxers and other propagators of sectarian excesses. This is where we arrive: imposing a scientific truth, with all the probable deviations as Raoult fears, to oppose the delusions, the lies, the disinformation, the fake news, of all the incompetent imbeciles or all the political manipulators which today can be heard everywhere in defiance of reason.
Excess in one direction leads to backlash. That those I have just mentioned bear the brunt, I am delighted, but like Raoult, I fear that in the same bag will also be put the rare scientists who will be right against a science that has become official, such as anthropogenic warming. apocalyptic.
0 x
Christophe

View Christophe » 21/12/23, 11:36

Exnihiloest wrote:Article 4 is the logical consequence of the shameless excesses of anti-vaxxers and other propagators of sectarian excesses.

You are right: the pro-vax speech was not sectarian...it was fascist! : Mrgreen:

And now that we have a little perspective, it's true that everything that was promised by BP has been observed on the ground... : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

Come on, it's been a long time, extend your right arm at 45° and say 3 times in front of your mirror: Siegvax... : Lol: : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:
0 x
Christophe

View Christophe » 21/12/23, 11:38

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:No problem for me to access the site and the petition, but if I copy the link from the .pdf and paste it, it gives:

hƩps://www.aboliƟon-arƟcle-4.com/signature

Same, obviously there is a problem encoding the PDF...(wanted?)...
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View GuyGadeboisTheBack » 21/12/23, 12:38

I know how to take out the trash too:
: Mrgreen:
0 x
Remundo

View Remundo » 21/12/23, 13:56