Understand the world we live in?

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Christophe

Re: Understand the world we live in?

by Christophe » 07/07/21, 12:32

I have not read anything about this subject ... but I already understand very well that I understand this world less and less !! And yet I work there every day ... too much perhaps?
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 18/09/21, 08:58

HOW TO DEAL WITH THE COLLAPSE
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 02/10/21, 09:24

I'm not sure where to post this kind of video, so here?
(This is purely informative and is not intended to be a subject in its own right)

Following a measure by Sandrine Rousseau mentioned in another subject how being able to participate in the reduction of the RCA and to perpetuate quality food, the word radical appeared more and more at this time.
Here is the expression of a collective born during confinement which claims to be radical.

To rally the green of the environmentalists, the yellow of popular revolts, the purple of feminist struggles with the red of the workers' movement, such is the ambition of the rainbow bloc. Inspired by the Rainbow coalition, this union initiated in 1969 by the Black Panther Party and its leader in Chicago, Fred Hampton.

The alliance brings together the Young Patriots (an organization made up of white working class people from the south) and the Young Lords (who organized Puerto Rican migrants), then joined by other groups such as The Red Guard (Sino-American organization) or the American Indian Movement. This front had set itself the objective of jointly leading mobilizations against poverty, police violence and the extreme right, by supporting each other through demonstrations, strikes and rallies.

Despite an intense repression which resulted in the assassination of the Communist leader of the Black Panther, Fred Hampton, the initiative continued to nourish the political imagination in the United States, by also integrating ecological concerns. Until the House of Representatives, where the squad, this quartet of democratic women elected in 2018 and led by Alexandria Ocazio Cortez, take up the idea of ​​combining the demands of the different components of the popular movement, and in particular those of climate justice and social. Through a green new deal, these elected officials demand a reduction in inequalities at the same time as radical environmental policies.

On the basis of this model, Aurélie Found, economist and spokesperson for the NGO Attac, tries to outline a strategy of mobilization common to the various components of the social and ecological movement. With her book, Le bloc arc-en-ciel, for a radical and inclusive political strategy published by La Découverte, the author describes the start of alliances, in particular through various initiatives observed in recent years. Whether they are the joint marches of the yellow vests and the climate movement, the against G7 in Biarritz co-organized with the Basque independence left, the indigenous and environmental mobilizations in Guyana or the march of the Adama Committee rallied by Alternatiba, the examples do not not lacking.

The most recent, and perhaps the most significant in Aurélie Found's experience, is that of the Collective Never Again, which brings together unions and environmental organizations. The latter intervened jointly in the struggles of the refiners of Grandpuits, on strike at Total, and of the stationery of the Darblay Chapel, bringing together the workers' movement and the environmental movement.

0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 02/10/21, 09:32

... already, on the illustration of the video there is this demand: "so that industry rhymes with ecology". That says a lot about the confusion of these so-called "radical" movements!
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 02/10/21, 09:37

Anyway, it will quickly join the cemetery of radical collectives inventing the future, which no one remembers five years later ... : roll:
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 02/10/21, 09:57

Ahmed wrote:... already, on the illustration of the video there is this demand: "so that industry rhymes with ecology". That says a lot about the confusion of these so-called "radical" movements!

This is nasty! : Lol:
In fact the problem is to stop on a word, here industry, and to put there what one wants to put there.

When and where does the industry start? Did the blacksmith of the Middle Ages already express an 'industry?
Can't we tolerate and / or have a vital need for a minimum of industrial tools?
If only make syringes to get vaccinated : Mrgreen:
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 02/10/21, 09:58

ABC2019 wrote:Anyway, it will quickly join the cemetery of radical collectives inventing the future, which no one remembers five years later ... : roll:

In my opinion you need to file a patent, you have found the perpetual leech.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 02/10/21, 14:52

I watched the entire video: good stuff and bad stuff. The good ones: to associate ecological and social issues, even if it remains a bit ambiguous, to regroup the protest movements, even if everyone is not going exactly in the same direction (this last remark is not negative).
The bad ones: to defend the categories of capitalism, such as that of work, by evoking the possibility of creating 3 million jobs (with the downside the idea of ​​a possible distribution and reduction); or celebrate the predominant role of the State and of planning, this last point allied to that of the "climate" going in the direction of a crisis management of capitalism in any case already in tune with the times ... a place be made for the struggles of the workers, as at the Chapelle d'Arblay seems to me essential, but the distinction is not made between demand for better treatment within capitalism (distribution of resources) and criticism of capitalism. ..
In short, if we neglect the friendliness of the words, nothing very radical in there, which should not be surprising since it is the role of labels to contain what is absent from the substance named. The ATTAC movement from which Aurélie Found already constituted a very not radical base which militates essentially for an alter capitalism, which is a contradiction in terms.
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 03/10/21, 10:08

Ahmed wrote:I watched the entire video:.

Thank you for coming back.
In the video, we find the ambient awareness that the power of decision should no longer be exclusively vested in financial profitability but go into the hands of the real stakeholders, that is to say, living beings, the people.

At first glance, it may seem impossible to maintain a system focused exclusively on financial profitability and to humanize this economy. It is indeed contradictory.

As Sandrine Rousseau suggested, a strong legislative framework can contain the capitalist engine by forcing it to serve life rather than its own interest.

Personally, I do not see the point of aggregating all the claims but do not see a problem. This makes mass protest more important.
The most essential claim remains in my opinion the economy vs the living.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 03/10/21, 12:09

Humus, you write:
... that decision-making power should no longer be vested exclusively in financial profitability, but in the hands of the truly interested parties, that is to say, living beings, the people.

Except that it goes through the State which represents the abstraction "people" and that this body cannot go against what nourishes it, therefore the development of the economy ...
Further:
The most essential claim remains in my opinion the economy vs the living.

Absolutely!
0 x