Laser level: How to leveling w / crossed line laser level?

Topics about this forum and the econology in english speaking for people who are not understandable french language.
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 09/05/12, 11:03

same precision as yours, I checked, it's great.
and especially nothing to do, I move in all directions, the same pose of traviole and it is still good, horizontal and vertical.

and no need to change lens to have one or the other, just a button on / off for each function.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 10/05/12, 21:47

Without doubt, but for the use that I envisage, it is not very practical this thing in plastoc, even if it is regulated alone, (difficult to make a perpendicular aim without lighting it constantly) it does not not less either, it is more fragile because not aluminum like the other ... Neither has a magnetic base.
There is another point that does not plead in his favor. As the lasers are not very powerful, it would be useful to have a backlight. What the Powerfix has!

Moreover, the absolute weapon of precision and calibration, here it is:

A simple transparent plastic pipe, filled with water and with a graduation at each end ...! (We put water, two caps and hoplà ... we have the perfect level ...) We also understand better also, the interest of a laser level in the form of a mason's level, which allows to point perfectly and to aim the target as well as possible (like with a rifle) especially when the external light is strong, and comes in "competition" with the photons emitted by the laser diode!

And besides, it's really cheap!

Click to see the bigger picture:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 10/05/12, 22:39

dedeleco wrote:The laser is not necessary to see that the house goes down in the muddy rice field, and the main thing is to stop the evolution before gradually recovering.

Not for that, of course we know that the house leans. How much more exactly is it necessary to be able to verify the effect of the countermeasures ...
So yes, the laser will be useful, including measuring the effect of soil resistance tests ... since the ground moves (while the level of no laser, it will not move relative to the road level!)

dedeleco wrote:A detailed presentation on soil improvement

Thank you, very helpful. Yes, the injection of water-repellent cement milk into the soil is a serious track, but difficult to implement there (unqualified staff).
I had done a synthesis on 3 posts to answer you, from here:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/post230545.html#230545

Have I forgotten anything else?

dedeleco wrote:Have they tested the soil with a pile or single tube of several meters, and a mass of 5 10 Kg tapping on it by hand, to know the depth where this tube sinks without difficulty, equal to the depth of soft ground ????

No peat. It is very fat clay. (The consistency depends on the saturation in water ... It would therefore be useful to compare the table with an analysis of the consistency of the soil ... One can proceed by evaporation of the water of the test sample, considering its Volumic mass?)

dedeleco wrote:In-depth cement injection is simple if low pressure and could solve the problem.

What pressure would it take? How much is a compressor? I have no idea, but I had seen one in a BAT company, it looked sturdy!

All that I know, that it must not falter enormously, because the pressure raises mountains, even very weak.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 11/05/12, 01:12

No peat. It's from the fat clay.

The horror !!!
Very retractile, drying 5 at 10% !!
and it swells while getting wet, liquefies, and then the house after going down by heat wave, as in 2003 in France, sees this clay rise, flow around its foundations and stays down, and it goes down more and more year to year.

It is necessary that the foundations are deeper than the maximum depth where this clay dries up in summer !!
The heatwave of 2003 has dried up the clay beneath many foundations from where inexorable cracks, demolishing the house.

It is necessary to rely on piles or tubes driven in depth in sufficient number for the weight of each column.

For this it is necessary to measure the resistance force of this ground in depth by pushing tubes in by mass stroke by hand, on can be 4m of depth, even more.

Then once the support force is no longer negligible, we can lean on it to block the inexorable descent of the house, then long after, straighten it.

To inject cement it is necessary to drive a tube of this kind, end, and inject the cement at least a few bars in a tube not blocked, after driving, which is difficult. But this clay is compact, even liquid, very viscous, and therefore the injection will be difficult, very slow, much more than to sink with a mass, tubes or rods to serve as support in depth.
If the injection works, you need m3, with all the columns, since leaks are easy in an unpredictable direction
The injection works best in not dense sand to fill the interstices.

pressure raises mountains, even very weak.

but at the slightest escape, nothing is raised.
And so we must inject faster than leaks !!!!!
Not easy.
So we can hope to strengthen the solidity under the columns after setting the cement, but hardly go up, except high speed as Uretek does with a fast expansive resin, very expensive, by m3.

So I repeat, with a good mass, to push by hand, until more possible rods or fine tubes 2cm or 4cm by 4m long, to evaluate, especially by flooding.
This makes a base, not expensive, to lean on, if pressed in large numbers.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 11/05/12, 04:38

It is not false! Yes I think you're right on many points!

But it turns out that (possibly because of an asymmetry of the weight of the whole) the depression of the house is more towards a certain corner:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/post230545.html#230545

After blocking the current sink (temporarily extending the foundations with your idea of ​​screw shoring) I intend to take advantage of Earth's gravity, so that it helps to cause the depression on the opposite side, as here:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/post230596.html#230596

This will have the effect of restoring the horizontal ... And we never know, maybe it will be enough to stabilize the process. If not, a first objective has been reached (hence the imperative need to have a precise and reliable leveling system!)

Because I'm afraid that after intervening, it will not move ...! And we could no longer benefit from a leverage effect!
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 11/05/12, 12:25

Perhaps, we can try to straighten, leaving slowly the weaker side, but a low heterogeneity of the soil, its drying out, its deep moisture, its geological past, the thickness of clay greasy, can also be enough to explain.

It is necessary to be very careful, the constraints on the concrete slab, because, one has the luck that it did not break, (rare in France in 2003, with big cracks often on this kind of greasy clay and foundations not enough deep and strong) and therefore blocking only one side, we must be very careful not to make too many differential efforts, which would break the slab and the house.

Also I advise to consolidate each column with deep stems according to the consistency of the soil revealed by the ease of driving reinforcement rods, measuring the speed of the depression of different parts of the house, to try devalue.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Can be added to the list of known

by Obamot » 11/05/12, 15:15

dedeleco wrote:Perhaps, we can try to straighten, leaving slowly the weaker side, but a low heterogeneity of the soil, its drying out, its deep moisture, its geological past, the thickness of clay greasy, can also be enough to explain.

Absolutely ... So it will be necessary to do things in the right order!

dedeleco wrote:We must be very careful about the constraints on the concrete slab, because we are lucky that it did not break,

No, there is no slab! It is a hyperstatic structure of fact, composed exclusively of a network of beams on support (to grider system)

Click to enlarge:

And this is a chance: because thanks to this structure, there is no notorious crack to report while we already have 10 cm of difference of level of a side! There were tiny cracks in the buildings (they will be good indicators to know which areas to strengthen the foundations).

The owners will have the choice (or not) between the status quo, and taking the risk of redressing. They will have to decide whether or not they want to stabilize directly, without taking the risk of straightening, or if they prefer to do it in two stages with the risk of micro-cracks afterwards. In their place I would take the risk => because not taking it means taking an even greater risk later on (and this one is not mastered and not prepared, with the additional loss of the unexpected opportunity to be able to straighten the level with the help of gravity ...)

dedeleco wrote:(rare in France in 2003, with big cracks often on this kind of greasy clay and foundations not deep enough and strong) and thus by blocking only one side, one must be very careful not to make too many differential efforts, who would break the slab and the house.

I think this type of house has at least been planned like that, to prevent it from cracking on soft ground. But yes, it will be very careful. Anyway, de facto by stopping the descent (if it is only a matter of asymmetry) there will be a counter-effect: as well prepare for it!

And besides, if they called on a company using a hydraulic system by pushing "where things are going well", it would be much more violent as an impact on the structure, because much too fast (because the project manager would have to finish it quickly enough, to recover its material and go to continue its work on other sites ...) Possibly a kind of remedy worse than the disease ...!

dedeleco wrote:Also I advise to consolidate each column with deep stems according to the consistency of the soil revealed by the ease of driving reinforcement rods, measuring the speed of the depression of different parts of the house, to try devalue.

That will probably be for afterwards! First, I suggest a better distribution of the load, on temporary foundations in a targeted area ("where things are going well", the very one designated by the level readings) ... and there it will be necessary no doubt there were more of you than I had expected at the start!

Because there is at least evidence that the house has moved homogeneously, and this clearly indicating where it will intervene! This is a chance to have this visual clue, otherwise we could possibly also hypothesize that the house would have been built at an angle!

Moreover, we also know that the soil resists quite well in certain respects (and up to a certain load)! Since the pontoon entry - makes a certain weight (it will be necessary to calculate):

... and obviously does not sink! (We see it above, the house being to the right of this "lobby") It will therefore also be necessary to widen the foundations in this area - on either side of the pillars on the side of the house - if we do not want the house drives the pontoon (and also mark its level as landmarks, to prevent / control a possible sinking of the entrance by an undesirable counter-effect. Lobby / pontoon which seems to have remained stable and has not been sunk with !). We can at least say that this is very good news! But we must not claim victory too much before having checked! We always come back to levels!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 27/12/12, 01:12

Victory!

For now the house seems stabilized. :D 8) :P
0 x
AlterEco
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by AlterEco » 06/03/13, 18:46

dedeleco wrote:
No peat. It's from the fat clay.

The horror !!!
Very retractile, drying 5 at 10% !!
and it swells while getting wet, liquefies, and then the house after going down by heat wave, as in 2003 in France, sees this clay rise, flow around its foundations and stays down, and it goes down more and more year to year.

It is necessary that the foundations are deeper than the maximum depth where this clay dries up in summer !!
The heatwave of 2003 has dried up the clay beneath many foundations from where inexorable cracks, demolishing the house.

It is necessary to rely on piles or tubes driven in depth in sufficient number for the weight of each column.

For this it is necessary to measure the resistance force of this ground in depth by pushing tubes in by mass stroke by hand, on can be 4m of depth, even more.

Then once the support force is no longer negligible, we can lean on it to block the inexorable descent of the house, then long after, straighten it.

To inject cement it is necessary to drive a tube of this kind, end, and inject the cement at least a few bars in a tube not blocked, after driving, which is difficult. But this clay is compact, even liquid, very viscous, and therefore the injection will be difficult, very slow, much more than to sink with a mass, tubes or rods to serve as support in depth.
If the injection works, you need m3, with all the columns, since leaks are easy in an unpredictable direction
The injection works best in not dense sand to fill the interstices.

pressure raises mountains, even very weak.

but at the slightest escape, nothing is raised.
And so we must inject faster than leaks !!!!!
Not easy.
So we can hope to strengthen the solidity under the columns after setting the cement, but hardly go up, except high speed as Uretek does with a fast expansive resin, very expensive, by m3.

So I repeat, with a good mass, to push by hand, until more possible rods or fine tubes 2cm or 4cm by 4m long, to evaluate, especially by flooding.
This makes a base, not expensive, to lean on, if pressed in large numbers.

Hello, I am looking to build this type.
What is horror? Do you have a better solution to build on this type of soil, if you take the necessary precautions.

where I am, there is no way to go to hard ground, there is sand underneath.

thank you for your reply.
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 06/03/13, 20:07

Good evening,

Altereco since 1993 founded in Quebec there is now structure in France franchised this type of foundation, ultra convenient fast and reliable ....

http://www.technopieux.com/fr/accueil/

;)
0 x

Back to "Econology forum in english »