Ecoconstruction: HQE, HPE, bioclimatic, natural habitat, climatic architectureA reference book!

Construction of the natural or ecological habitat: plan, design, advice, expertise, materials, Geobiology ...
Christophe

Unread Messageby Christophe » 07/08/04, 09:55

The ecological habitat. What materials choose?
Friedrich Kur, Living Earth, 1998

F.Kur begins by describing the criteria to be taken into account for the choice of materials and how to calculate their impact on the environment (attention to accepted ideas!). Then, it lists them by describing their properties, their uses and evaluates their impact on the environment.

In short, a short book, precise and full of common sense.

Click here for more information about this book: <a href='http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASIN/2904082727/divlemp3delav-21' target='_blank'> http: // www. amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASIN/2904...ivlemp3delav-21 </a>
0 x
Ce forum helped you? Support the site by making a small donation or share your best pages on your social networks. - Articles, analysis and downloads - Post an article on Google News

philflamine
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Unread Messageby philflamine » 09/08/04, 08:49

Thank you for the info....

Who is this Friedrich Kur? What has seduced you in this book about the panoply of books on subjects?
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Unread Messageby Christine » 09/08/04, 23:20

Hello philflamine

I answer you because it was me who proposed this book.

Je t'avoue que je n'ai pas eu le temps de me renseigner sur F. Kur (manque que je vais tâcher de remplir).

Ce qui m'a séduit dans ce bouquin, c'est qu'il présente les différents matériaux disponibles de façon objective. Je suis toujours prompte à essayer de déceler les failles ou les idéologies cachées derrière les discours mais là, je crois que c'est objectif.

Moreover, I appreciated that it explains clearly the notions of thermal conductivity, resistance to water vapor, hygroscopicity etc. briefly of all the criteria to be taken into account so that your choice really corresponds to your House, its situation, any pre-existing materials, the heating system, the way of life of the inhabitants ...

PS: I left another part of answer in the section "Isolation"
0 x
philflamine
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Unread Messageby philflamine » 11/08/04, 08:48

Christine wrote:I am always quick to try to identify the flaws or ideologies hidden behind the speeches, but I think that is objective.

(Say, you would make a good journalist ....)

Thank you Christine! ;) It's always nice people who share a discovery.

PS: I prefer Christine to Moira, indeed Christophe has good ideas :D
0 x