The house of tomorrow by poitou hemp

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
old stones
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

The house of tomorrow by poitou hemp

by old stones » 06/07/09, 14:10

Healthier, more economical,
more respectful of its environment

In France, the thinking of eco-construction players is rich. Individuals, professionals, communities, companies and associations act in a concrete way to imagine and produce a habitat that is both environmentally friendly, low consumer and even energy producer by meeting the expectations of the greatest number.

However, the need for information for consumers and citizens, that for the transmission between professionals of experiences and innovations, and the necessary creation of a coherent chain of actors remain objectives which are only partially achieved.
Certainly because political, social issues and the supply of products and services
areas concerned are complex to grasp in a global manner.

In order to contribute to collective thinking, Poitou Chanvre offers the house of tomorrow: the production of an economical and ecological habitat, while respecting architecture and supporting the health of the inhabitant.

The issues can be formulated as follows:
In view of the urgency of the energy and ecological transition to which the whole of society is constrained, why not produce a healthy habitat that consumes less energy, How to promote suitable construction.

In this perspective, We must make each professional and each inhabitant an actor responsible for the health in the habitat when a lot of domestic knowledge has been lost and that new is not yet acquired by the majority of the inhabitants.

For Poitou hemp the prefabrication of an eco-habitat seems to be the best solution.

It is now possible to produce a prefabricated hemp concrete module economically and ecologically, with implementation on site, simple and efficient

Thank you in advance for your comments.
0 x
fthanron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by fthanron » 06/07/09, 16:26

Hello old stones,

You are talking about a prefa module, can you provide some info / photos / ideas for additional prices please?

For several years, I have seen hemp / lime concrete everywhere, can you explain to me why hemp / clay concrete is not developed?

thanks in advance

@+
0 x
Frederic
old stones
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by old stones » 06/07/09, 17:10

I do not have photos, but the height of the modules is 270 cm
the width is 60 and 120 cm
the thickness is 25 cm for a thermal resistance of 3.5
the sale price is 80 euros HT per m2
the assembly is fast and it is possible to give all forms to this construction.
a hemp lime slab is made on the ground (for an R of 1.9) and pulsed bulk hemp wool (for an R of 7.5) is placed in the attic.
there is a house already made less than 1000 euros per m2.

lime has good mechanical properties, it is easy to use. but rare are the good breathable lime.
with a good lime and a good "fiber" hemp we can all do simply and with good results.

clay is a very good material depending on its origin, but it remains a limited job because can be mastered by professionals

Poitou hemp work on a standardization of earth and hemp bricks and also on plasters and this fatty fiber.
0 x
fthanron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by fthanron » 06/07/09, 18:43

Thanks for the reply Vieille Pierre.

The rates and performances that you advance seem interesting.

Technical detail: I imagine that the module is "contained" in a "frame" of wood? Can the timber frame / frame DTU be assimilated?

You must have fun doing all these tests with clay!

@+
0 x
Frederic
old stones
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by old stones » 07/07/09, 09:11

There is a wooden frame for the protection of the module; (transport, assembly, ext)
but not for the structure. on the other hand, the chènevotte is specific and it is she who provides the technical solutions, the insulating power and the expected resistance.

The first objective achieved by these modules is a very significant creation of biomass trapping large quantities of CO², when at the same time competing materials produce it.

Change from the principle of “building material integrating insulation” to the innovation of “insulation being the basis of construction”, a source of savings for all players in the sector.

ecological greetings. :?
0 x
fthanron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by fthanron » 07/07/09, 09:57

Ok, I understand the principle.

Can this module be used for the construction of multi-level buildings?

It seems to me that a French manufacturer of hemp bricks had produced a system based on this idea of ​​load-bearing hemp block and had been obliged to integrate a wooden framework due to the fact that no DTU was recognized and that suddenly conventional customers were fleeing.
I hope it will be different for this new module.

@+
0 x
Frederic
old stones
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by old stones » 07/07/09, 10:56

yes for two levels.

thanks and greetings.
0 x