Hemp is sensational: industrial uses

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
Christophe

Hemp is sensational: industrial uses

by Christophe » 18/02/14, 19:57

A summary table of hemp uses for industry (including medical):

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/02/14, 19:57

And a video:

0 x
cortejuan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by cortejuan » 19/02/14, 16:46

Hello,

in the past, hemp was a common product in the economy of many regions, including mine. In the Haute-Saône, many small farmers in poor areas cultivated hemp. Everything was used: the fiber obtained after hardening in the brook, the hard stems gathered in small fagot by the old people (it was a small job for the grandparents hosted). They were used (fagots, not grandparents) to light the fire in the morning. The kids after school were sent to the fields to hunt birds including goldfinches who were fond of hemp seeds. The seeds were pressed and gave a fine oil (inedible at the time) that I believe was used to watch to lubricate the watches.

The hemp, oak and other canebières are numerous in France and testify to the importance of this product almost rot-proof.

There is a big hemp plant in my home, there are cannabis fields (impressive ...).

An interesting use is mulch with hemp flakes: it lasts at least a year, becomes stuck (advantage for weeds, inconvenience for humidification). I use it a lot for years especially to protect my palms from the first frosts by pouring a big handful of glitter into the heart of the beast. It protects from humidity and cold ... Very effective.

cordially
0 x
sherkanner
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sherkanner » 20/02/14, 10:33

If you have good places to find hemp clothing, I am a taker, it's been a while that I look, without success. (I found some dealers on the web, but one they are not my size, and two, they are super expensive)
0 x
When we work, we must always give 100%: 12% on Monday; 25% Tuesday; 32% Wednesday; 23% on Thursday; and 8% on Friday
Matty_I_S
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Streetwear brands in your room

by Matty_I_S » 10/03/14, 11:53

Hello Sherkanner,

In terms of hemp clothes I can recommend some brands ... skate! Indeed, many American brands of skateboard manufacture their shoes and clothing collections in hemp.

In terms of style of clothing, despite the apprehensions you may have, the products are quite neutral. Some of these brands are also in the general public and I was surprised to see fathers wear them.

Here are the marks in question:

- Element
- Etnies (founded by a French and pioneer in terms of eco-business in sport)
- Ipath
- Vans
- Adidas Skate

You will find hemp products in any "skateshop" or board sports store in France or Navarre.

Have a good day
0 x
White Bear
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by White Bear » 03/04/14, 11:26

I knew that with hemp, we made clothes, that it had insulating qualities and I read it recently that it was also one of the most efficient biomass clean energy !!!! It would even have the properties to create a green fuel that could replace fossil fuels in this area. I realize, therefore, that hemp has many more facets than I thought! It's cool !
Personally, I would like to cook the seeds of cannabis to make oil and bread, because I found organic recipes that look delicious. I saw that we could order cannabis seeds on this site, do you think that these are suitable for consumption? Where else can I find edible seeds?
@Cortejuan: The fields of hemp must be really regulated I imagine, at the level of the law in particular!
0 x
Protect nature
Did67

by Did67 » 03/04/14, 12:00

These are "harmless" varieties:

To qualify as "industrial hemp", and thus be legally cultivated in France, the cultivated hemp must be of a variety whose THC content is less than or equal to 0,2% 5.

It is better to smoke .... the hydrangea!

http://www.linternaute.com/actualite/so ... 0413.shtml

I feel we will miss hydrangea in the garden!

Note that nettle is another fibrous plant whose virtues are discovered:

http://notreterre.wordpress.com/2011/02 ... ux-orties/
0 x
White Bear
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by White Bear » 03/04/14, 12:13

But yes, the hydrangea is a natural de-stressing : Lol: I read that not so long ago too
0 x
Protect nature
Christophe

Re: Hemp is sensational: industrial uses

by Christophe » 25/06/22, 11:21

I'm posting here this Hemp VS Wood comparison...I haven't checked the figures...it's an automatic translation...

1. One hectare of hemp produces as much oxygen as 25 hectares of forest.
2. I repeat, 1 acre of hemp can produce the same amount of paper as 4 acres of trees.
3. You can make paper from hemp 8 times and wood 3 times.
4. Hemp grows in 4 months, the tree grows in 20-50 years.
5. Hemp flower is a real radiation trap.
6 Hemp can be grown anywhere in the world and requires very little water. In addition, since it is able to protect against insects, it does not need pesticides.
7. If textiles made from hemp become widespread, the pesticide industry could disappear completely.
8 The first jeans were made from hemp; even the word “CANVAS” is the name for hemp products.
Hemp is an ideal plant for making ropes, cords, bags, shoes and treads
9. Reduce the effects of chemotherapy and radiotherapy treatment on cannabis, AIDS and cancer; It has been used in at least 250 diseases such as rheumatism, heart, epilepsy, asthma, stomach, insomnia, psychology and heart disease.
10 The protein value of hemp seeds is very high and the two fatty acids contained cannot be found anywhere else in nature.
11. Producing hemp is even cheaper than soy.
12. Pets fed cannabis do not need hormone replacements.
13 All plastic products can be made from hemp and hemp plastic is very easy to return to nature
14. If the body of a car is made of hemp, it will be 10 times stronger than steel.
15. It can also be used to insulate buildings; durable, cheap and flexible.
16 soaps and cosmetics made with hemp do not contaminate water; it is therefore totally respectful of the environment.
An 18. It was compulsory to produce in America centenary, and the farmers who did not produce were imprisoned. But now the roles have turned. D'OERE?
-WR In the 1900s, Hearst belonged to newspapers, magazines and media in America. They had forests and produced paper. If the paper was hemp, he could have lost millions.
Rockefeller was the richest man in the world. He had an oil company. Of course, biofuel, hemp oil was his biggest enemy.
-Mellon was a major shareholder in the Dupont Company and held a patent for the production of plastic from petroleum products. The cannabis industry has threatened the market.
-He later became President Mellon Hoover's finance minister. All of these big names we talked about have decided in their meetings that hemp is the enemy.
And was eliminated.
Forests are cut to produce paper.
Pesticide poisons and cancer cases are on the rise.
Then we filled our world with plastic waste, harmful waste...

Benefits_hemp_vs_wood.png
Advantages_chanvre_vs_bois.png (145.05 KiB) Viewed 2130 times

https://www.facebook.com/sandor.acs.961 ... NauZyr6qxl
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Hemp is sensational: industrial uses

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 25/06/22, 15:06

0 x