Self-supporting sandwich panels Cost Performance Duration

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
kistinie
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Self-supporting sandwich panels Cost Performance Duration

by kistinie » 19/06/10, 13:36

Hello,

To insulate in total renovation, the roof of a longhouse 600m2 total, sloping to 40 °, solar panels south on 300m2, indifferent to the north. The 2 faces of 40 meters long are in one piece. The rafters and battens are to change ...

The roofer offers me polyurethane foam tray sandwich 100 Ep, U = 0.22

I asked in addition galvanic isolation of solar panels to avoid aluminum-steel torque.

Price returns to m2, excluding solar panels, with removal of small burgundy tiles placed on pallet for resale and goutiers: 183 € HT / m2 (5,5 VAT)

Theoretical amortization of the loan on the sole basis of the solar income, with 20% of contribution ... 15 years

The proposed product, dedicated to solar panels:
http://www.lattonedil.it/prodotti_zoom. ... odueenergy

Given the overall budget, I stress a bit when choosing ;-)

Experiences, comments, variants, tips, an idea of ​​the life span?

Thank you in advance,
0 x
----------------------------------------------

Think global act local ...
et
Do good, that is not emmerdée!

-----------------------------------------------
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 19/06/10, 22:28

Hi there's a lot to say but I'll summarize:

100mm insulation roof is very limited against the cold and also against the hot.

Photovoltaic side: these steel / insulating panels are supposed to be studied for photovoltaic integration.
If that's it, hurry to do it and make the connection request before the end of the year because after the 31 / 12 / 2010, it will be considered as integrated simplified, the purchase price of 0,42 € / KWh instead of 0,58 € / KWh.

For info what is the price / KWc of your photovoltaic installation? (without the sandwich panels so).

Last thing: if you have 300m2 photovoltaic, so you have more 3 KWc on the roof and VAT is then 19,6% on the photovoltaic part and not 5,5%
0 x
kistinie
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kistinie » 20/06/10, 10:41

Thank you for these comments

U = 0.22 does not seem to you enough?
This is the thickest of the series and no thermal bridge, if you have an idea for a lower U with a price delta with reasonable implementation it interests me

For the solar part I am at 3.35 HT / kwc
0 x

et

Aumicron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Aumicron » 20/06/10, 12:43

Indeed U = 0.22 seems weak since it corresponds to R = 4.5. If possible, it is better to aim for R> 6.5
0 x
To argue.
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 20/06/10, 13:21

Thank you for investing a very nice sum in the solar to help avoid the nuclear, its waste and a new Chernobyl.

Users and taxpayers will pay the current price surplus, but the price of nuclear power is dramatically underestimated, mortgaging the future by leaving the problems to our grandchildren for hundreds of years.

In isolation 30cm is becoming the future standard, if we want to reduce the CO2 and the nuclear, unless we turn the house into a thermos or Dewar bottle with vacuum insulation, which will be sooner or later in the future !!

Finally it is still possible to pump the free energy of vacuum or neutrinos with editing that actually works, among the many, visible on the internet (the recent one by Naudin, simple with COP 10 ????), and the inject on the EDF network as solar energy !!!!!!!!
If true, the depreciation will be dramatically faster !!!!!

Finally, it is good to take good insurance, against climatic hazards, vandals or thieves, like 1kg hailstones!
0 x
kistinie
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kistinie » 20/06/10, 13:50

We can defend advanced alternative energies and stay in step with the times. Moreover, by the time the industry accepts to look sincerely into electric OR motors, cold fusion and other plasma, we must move forward. On the other hand, if the technology evolves, it will also evolve in the field of electronics with cop> 1 to be connected to the panels, so the system will be adaptable if necessary.

Insurance ... Yes! Good point said, the place has a very special micro climate, but the never seen since 200 years is not a certainty so far.

The steel sandwich also offers good protection against cosmic radiation. Magnetic storms are in my opinion a significant risk of the 24 solar cycle, a protected dwelling is not necessarily useless.

To go back to the insulation, a lower U, I do not mind but the problem is that I can not find more thick self-finished panels.
The multilayer solution is too expensive for implementation, too much time, I would not have the means ...
0 x

et

dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 20/06/10, 15:56

The risk of lightning is a real serious risk, since my house received lightning with start of fire, making a hole in the roof, passing less than 2m from me in the attic, snatching and unplugging the plug from the computer in front of me (who did not have anything like me !!!) but completely burning the fridge and a hotplate, the electric meter, the circuit breaker, and air conditioning !! It's a real lottery !!!
So, I mounted a lightning rod.
Lightning likes large metal masses and therefore good grounding is crucial, to limit the inevitable damage, to a small area !!
Photovoltaics do not like overvoltages (lightning the million volts which tears the plugs by electrostatic repulsion) and therefore effective protections are very difficult to put (varistors, spark gaps, everywhere to limit the million volts to a single element).

The risk of lightning is very serious over hundreds of m2, because a year there are a few lightning bolts per km2 and therefore the risk is 1 in 2 to 1 in 4 in 20 to 30 years !!

And so, it is good to have lightning conductors, good earth connections, protective spark gaps, etc ...

Each house should have a good lightning rod.
0 x
kistinie
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kistinie » 20/06/10, 16:44

Thank you, very fair, another good remark.

It is also the case of boats, in particular multihulls without metal keel, very few are protected which is irresponsible in solitary fairground mooring.

It's planned.
The roof and overhead in 20mm solid aluminum round, connected in a straight line to the vertical of the ridge, to the ground, far from the electrical ground of the building, to avoid returns

That said, the places hit are often the same. I am on a ground very rich in iron and oxides, and rather wet ... that seems to discharge the zone, the flashes are very rare.

No suggestion of a more isolated double skin sandwich?
0 x

et

Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 20/06/10, 18:03

... [joke mode: ON] in this whole affair, there is a world plot against Kristinie of the very rich mining companies which sell us iron since always "driver" when it would be enough to sell us iron "light and dimpled" to serve as insulation!

Don't worry she uses econological materials drawn from BP oil to save the planet from the CDC (Consortium Du Plot):

kistinie wrote:steel tray sandwich polyurethan foam in 100 Ep, U = 0.22

: Shock:

kistinie wrote:Thank you in advance,

...You're welcome! ok I'm going out -> [] :-)
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 20/06/10, 19:03

polyurethane foam is better insulation than glass wool!

Polyurethane 100mm are well worth 250mm of glass wool

the performance of the polyurethane foam between 2 toles is safe and durable: which is not the case for glass wool that has aged more or less well ...
0 x

Go back to "Real estate and eco-construction: diagnostics, HQE, HPE, bioclimatism, natural habitat and climatic architecture"