Our friends the worms

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
scoundrel
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Our friends the worms

by scoundrel » 29/05/06, 17:37

Earthworms can work for you

Earthworms can turn kitchen or agricultural residues into rich compost, and within two weeks. Vermiculture is a simple way to get free fertilizer, and get rid of garbage at the same time. It is used on farms and also in urban areas, where garbage removal is a big problem.

scoundrel.

http://www.farmradio.org/francais/radio ... ipt_fr.asp
0 x
scoundrel
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by scoundrel » 29/05/06, 22:41

And a little last for the road!

http://www.verslaterre.fr/vers/vers3.php

Scoundrel.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/05/06, 23:17

Vermicomposting is magic!

It should be mandatory (although a micro unit of biogas is not bad either) ...
0 x
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 30/05/06, 08:51

Hello,
Being bonsai ammateur, I have to eliminate considerable amounts of waste size, it's been years (since 1989) that I "vermicomposte" this waste : Mrgreen: in addition, it makes me ammendement gratos for my baby trees!
It should be known that there are several kinds of earthworms, those which are the most effective as the organic matters are little decomposed, it is the "Eisenia foetida" (correction of the Latin name the 31 / 05), those which one found in manure for example, they are small and very red, and very restless, these are also used by fishermen : Mrgreen:
The others, bigger, longer and lighter, with a very marked ring, are dying of already more decomposed matters. These are the ones usually found under the roots of lawns.
And I know a third kind, even bigger and even clearer, that dig deeper soil, about 40 and 100 cm below the surface. they go back at night to find debris on the surface and drag them deep to eat them.
They are all necessary for a biologically healthy garden.
For the compost accelerated by the worms, it is more practical to have an "exit" from the bottom for compost ready to use, it avoids disturbing too much the pile, and to put the worms in range of the blackbirds who are very friants.
The coolest part on the surface, the heating due to the fermentation, which can reach the 60 °, is not a problem for the worms who just go deeper into the pile to avoid getting "broiled" ".
Small anecdote, we sometimes use the expression "lecherous earthworm", it is the case, these bestiolles do not stop !! every night if the temperature is not too low, it's the total orgy! : Mrgreen: , try to see early in the night with a flashlight not too powerful because they hide when they are lit. They multiply so quickly if they have enough food. The only really dangerous things for them are drought and chemicals.
@+ : Mrgreen: (Bibiphoque, lombricophyle!)
Last edited by Bibiphoque the 31 / 05 / 06, 12: 59, 1 edited once.
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
geotrouvetout
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by geotrouvetout » 30/05/06, 09:18

Bibiphoque wrote: every night if the temperature is not too low, it's the total orgy! : Mrgreen: , try to see early in the night with a flashlight not too powerful because they hide when they are lit.

VOYEUR !!! : Mrgreen:

GEO : Idea: .
0 x
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 30/05/06, 09:39

geotrouvetout wrote:
Bibiphoque wrote: every night if the temperature is not too low, it's the total orgy! : Mrgreen: , try to see early in the night with a flashlight not too powerful because they hide when they are lit.

VOYEUR !!! : Mrgreen:

: Mrgreen:
Nan !, It's pure SCIENTIFIC curriosity! : Mrgreen: LOL
@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
geotrouvetout
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by geotrouvetout » 30/05/06, 09:54

like what a piece of sentence can be out of context, journalists are champions in the matter : Mrgreen: .

0 x
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 30/05/06, 15:36

geotrouvetout wrote:like what a piece of sentence can be out of context, journalists are champions in the matter : Mrgreen: .

Hello,
: Mrgreen: It's not just journalists, politicians, teachers, statisticians and ......... me! : Mrgreen:
@+
0 x
scoundrel
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by scoundrel » 30/05/06, 20:13

Hello!

What, orgies among worms! I thought that these dirty "jobs" were only found in pigs !!

The worms are secretive ........

http://www.verslaterre.fr/actualites/dossier/

Scoundrel.
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: our friends the earthworms

by the middle » 29/10/07, 10:51

rogue wrote:Earthworms can work for you

Earthworms can turn kitchen or agricultural residues into rich compost, and within two weeks. Vermiculture is a simple way to get free fertilizer, and get rid of garbage at the same time. It is used on farms and also in urban areas, where garbage removal is a big problem.

scoundrel.

http://www.farmradio.org/francais/radio ... ipt_fr.asp

Hello,
Sunday, I posted too late the info On the issue of Tf1, 13h30, which spoke of ecology.
Everything was interesting, dry toilets, ecological village in France, straw house, heat accumulator made with bottles filled with water, and cement AND a composter in an apartment.
I find this composter very interesting, because I'm always chore to empty kitchen waste in the garden, summer, and winter.This is also interesting for people who live in the apartment!
From what I have seen, this composter is made of several floors, there are earthworms, and no smell! What more?
I found a model on the net, which looks like the one I saw on TV. A composter in the kitchen, no bigger than a trash can ... : Idea:
http://users.swing.be/compost/Lombricompost.htm
Oops, I forgot to give the internet address.
Anyone know where to find this kind of composter in Belgium?
0 x