My BBC house project

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
Nimoi62
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

My BBC house project

by Nimoi62 » 18/02/10, 18:17

Hello everyone, I just registered on this forum to show you my plan for a single house with a vegetal fiber panel. I give you the link of the house to judge for yourself:
http://www.eco-logis-innovation.com/pub/Plans/PHLOX_FACADES.PDF

So I have everything to do besides the structure of the house, but where I stuck is the choice of different means of heating. Indeed I thought put a wood pellet boiler but I do not know if it will be sufficient and compatible for heating (which is provided on the ground + sanitary hot water.) The insulation of the house will be made from the inside with a placo + 20mm polystyrene. The exterior will most certainly be a cement plaster or a wood trim.

Ganulated boiler model: http://www.chauffage-discount.fr/detail ... es/205.htm
Floor heating model: http://www.chauffage-discount.fr/detail ... nt/260.htm

My questions are as follows:

- Do you think that this global system is coherent and economical?
- Can I also heat the first floor with a heated floor without concrete slab upstairs?
- Will I need a hot water tank in addition to the pellet boiler?
- Will this solution be good for heating + hot water?
-This solution by thermodynamic heating ( http://www.chauffage-discount.fr/detail ... c./278.htm ) is it better?

FYI, I live in Pas-de-Calais so the winter is quite harsh, but close to the coast -> Calais exactly

I do not know the exposure of the house because we have not bought any land yet.

I thank you in advance for your help!

Edit: You will find below the progress of the discussion so you do not have to read all the posts and react more easily, the goal being to design a BBC house (in vegetable fiber panels with a thermal insulation rate of 3,25 before interior and exterior cladding) according to the plans provided with an ecological and economical heating system. Any other suggestion is welcome.

House plan: http://www.eco-logis-innovation.com/pub/Plans/PHLOX_FACADES.PDF
Vegetal fiber panel system and advantages: http://www.eco-logis-innovation.com/pos ... x-naturels

At the moment, we have selected a heating system with radiant heating ceilings thanks to a system of Karo mats (circulation of water at 32 ° C in specific pipes) which would have the advantage of heating the ground floor by radiation but also the floor thanks to the heat diffused on the ground of it. More info here: http://www.karosystemes.com/plafonds-ra ... resent.htm
Heating ceiling system overview here: http://www.travaux.com/dossier/chauffag ... RP%29.html

Thanks to bernardd we are currently opting for a heating system by solar collectors vacuum air connected to a balloon which would allow us to fully heat about 8 months on 12 (heating + domestic hot water).

It remains to determine the heating mode during the remaining 4 months.
Another unknown is the cladding above and below the Karo mats for heated ceiling: we think of heat-resistant plasterboard (plasterboard) for the ceiling of the ground floor. For the floor the goal would be that the radiating ceiling can also heat the floor knowing that it will not be a concrete slab.

We are waiting for your suggestions to make this project a model :)

Thank you all!
Last edited by Nimoi62 the 15 / 03 / 10, 10: 43, 6 edited once.
0 x
flam
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

house project bbc

by flam » 11/03/10, 00:28

Hello!
I am also from calais (lillers) and quite happy that someone else in the region wants to build with flax shingles.
The product looks very good.
I go through an architect who knows the product.
My budget is limited.

I'm waiting for a quote but a priori the budget could be respected!

the planned heating system is a simple pellet stove with prediction of electric radiators in case (taken)

I think this will be enough given the quality of thermal resistance of the walls associated with a very good insulation of the roof, efficient glazing and a bioclimatic orientation of the house.
planned thermodynamic sanitary heating.
0 x
Nimoi62
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Nimoi62 » 11/03/10, 18:30

Ok thank you for this answer it's been several weeks since I expected one! Have you looked at the various heating methods I found because I'm still hesitating?

Otherwise it would be interesting that we communicate on your project and mine maybe we will find some additional tips to be econological :) I also thought of an interesting system for heating ie a thermodynamic balloon coupled with a vmc double flow on Canadian well because I had some thermodynamic balloon accepted vmc input and output. This could significantly increase the yield of it!

I would have liked to know what you thought to do in indoor and outdoor insulation because for now I do not know for the outside and for the interior I think take a simple BA13 + 40mm polystyrene that would greatly simplify the electric part for the passage of the sheaths.

Another thing, I think to provide the installation of a rainwater recovery tank coupled with toilets + washing machine + outdoor watering. I have not done the calculation yet but if it can be done unless 5000 € pose included the tank (buried) it will be good.

Last thing, can you give me some details on the model of your house? Is it a home of the eco-logis innovation site or a custom made by your architect?

Okay I'll stop the questions here otherwise I'll have more in stock :D

See you soon
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 11/03/10, 19:35

Your projects are very interesting thanks for these original approaches.

Compared to wood heating, air conditioning (or all the scholarly names given to them, like thermodynamic balloon) have no interest: the electricity they need produces as much or more heat energy than they can not save money. And no need to increase electricity consumption in winter in the current situation of France.

Regarding floor heating, I tested in my childhood: bad memory ...

Now, the radiating ceiling (water of course, not electric!) Seems more interesting: http://www.karosystemes.com/plafonds-rayonnants/climatisation_douce/present.htm

And in your case, it may heat enough floor of the floor to have sufficient comfort in the rooms, without having the unpleasant effect (for the legs) of the warm floor: a single job to heat 2 floors.

On the other hand, I am surprised that you do not speak of solar thermal collectors: this can avoid you any consumption of heating or hot water during at least half of the year and this agrees quite in complement of a wood stove.

And as you are at the project, you can possibly organize to plan the installation of photovoltaic panels, as soon as finances will allow it again after the house, with panels that will have fallen by then :-)
0 x
See you soon !
Nimoi62
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Nimoi62 » 11/03/10, 20:38

This radiant heating system from the ceiling seems quite interesting and very practical because if it can really heat the ground floor + the floor it would be really great!

Could you give me a price range per sqm for this system to study all this? thank you ! : Cheesy:
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 11/03/10, 20:46

Sorry, I had heard about this new technique 1 months ago, without details, and I searched for references for you. I do not have more details.

I also heard about it last summer, in fact, in a newspaper article about the refurbishment of an airport I think. As a result, they make air conditioning and heating, without drafts troublesome.

It seems that several suppliers are preparing products of this type.

But look also solar thermal collectors, it is in my opinion the best solution for a new project.
0 x
See you soon !
Nimoi62
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Nimoi62 » 12/03/10, 15:41

The problem is that solar thermal collectors for the production of hot water in the Nord Pas de Calais is a bit like putting a freezer in Alaska : Cheesy:

In my opinion it would be necessary for me to know if the yield of solar collectors would be sufficient and economically profitable!

Regarding the heating by radiation ceiling I did not find more info either!
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 12/03/10, 16:08

Nimoi62 wrote:The problem is that solar thermal collectors for the production of hot water in the Nord Pas de Calais is a bit like putting a freezer in Alaska : Cheesy:

In my opinion it would be necessary for me to know if the yield of solar collectors would be sufficient and economically profitable!

With vacuum sensors, the outside temperature has less influence because their convective losses are minimal, because of the vacuum: the insulation is better than the double glazing, which has a neutral gas, not the vacuum. cf for example for figures:
http://www.bysun.fr/Guide_des_panneaux_ ... xp_36.html

What matters is the duration of exposure. And on average, you must have 2h a day at least everywhere in France, but it is not regular of course.

For example, you can watch:
http://www.bdpv.fr/fiche_utilisateur.php?util=kermit62
or your neighbors :-)

Do not look at the production, but the ratio Wh / Wc, which gives you the number of hours equivalent to full production. It would also be the number of hours of production of thermal sensors.

Here, 3385KWh of production in 2009 for an installation of 2940Wcrète, that represents approximately 1151h of full production, or 3,1h per day on average: it is rather well!

The chart by month gives you an idea of ​​the monthly distribution. Chances are that the solar gives you all the necessary heat, except from November to February: 4 months only wood is not bad.

Then, based on your calculated energy requirement and monthly solar exposure, you calculate the size of the sensors needed ...

Nimoi62 wrote:Regarding the heating by radiation ceiling I did not find more info either!

We will have to search then ...

PS: I just made a call to the link I had put, I had an answer, it sends me more info.
0 x
See you soon !
Nimoi62
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Nimoi62 » 12/03/10, 19:32

bernardd wrote:
Here, 3385KWh of production in 2009 for an installation of 2940Wcrète, that represents approximately 1151h of full production, or 3,1h per day on average: it is rather well!

The chart by month gives you an idea of ​​the monthly distribution. Chances are that the solar gives you all the necessary heat, except from November to February: 4 months only wood is not bad.

I looked at a dozen installations located on the calaisis and the average production is rather 2600kwh / year do you really think that it is interesting and if so, what type of heating would you take in reinforcement for the winter? You spoke in your first message of a wood stove but it would only serve in heating but not in domestic hot water? If I opt for a solar panel heating system would it be compatible with the radiant ceiling heating solution you told us about?

I thank you in advance for your help, which is very precious to us!
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 12/03/10, 21:38

Nimoi62 wrote:I looked at about ten installations located on the calaisis and the average production is rather of 2600kwh / year

This is not the absolute production that you must look at, it is the ratio between production and installed power, which will give you the number of hours of sunshine equivalent to full power.

Nimoi62 wrote: Do you really think this is interesting and if so, what type of heating would you take for winter? You spoke in your first message of a wood stove but it would only serve in heating but not in domestic hot water?

If, in this case you take a stove with water exchanger.

Nimoi62 wrote:If I opt for a solar panel heating system would it be compatible with the radiant ceiling heating solution you told us about?

Yes, that's the goal.

Incidentally, the person I got on the phone told me about a maximum temperature of 40 ° for the water of a heated ceiling.

I know as soon as I have more information.
0 x
See you soon !