Heliodome architecture adapted to the path of the sun

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
ojal
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Heliodome architecture adapted to the path of the sun

by ojal » 01/01/23, 14:36

Hello,
I'm amazed that this architecture model called Heliodome was never approached on this forum?
It would seem interesting to me to try to understand what are the strengths and possibly the weaknesses of this architecture compared to other architectures or bioclimatic solutions.
2 x
Remundo

Re: Heliodome architecture adapted to the path of the sun

by Remundo » 01/01/23, 14:48

it's interesting, but a bit convoluted architecturally.

we can consider simplified versions using roughly the same principles
1) south facade and very glazed almost vertical
2) roof with low downward slope towards the North
3) good overall insulation
0 x
ojal
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Heliodome architecture adapted to the path of the sun

by ojal » 01/01/23, 16:26

I have the same reflection on the complexity of architecture.
It's both very complicated and finally maybe not that much now that 3D tools are widespread. It's hard enough to imagine making this kind of plan on the drawing board :)
The construction will be more complex than traditional and precisely the question arises to understand if this complexity is worth it.
The concrete structure is more complex than a classic house but nothing insurmountable and no significant additional cost.
The glazing is not rectangular Is it much more expensive for a glazier? there is a very large surface, but it is precisely one of the assets of the project. The structural elements for the glazing will be made to measure, but are most of the elements for a wooden construction? I'm not sure it creates significant added value. The implementation on the construction site is totally atypical => Probably a difficulty in finding the craftsmen and an added value.
The structure of the roof seems very complicated to me but I have the impression that it is a completely modifiable element?

It would be very interesting to analyze what this architecture brings, which takes 100% advantage of the position of the sun, compared to a more traditional architecture which would have elements making it possible to manage the light rays according to the position of the sun.
1 x

Go back to "Real estate and eco-construction: diagnostics, HQE, HPE, bioclimatism, natural habitat and climatic architecture"