Nomadic and autonomous habitat

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
Adrien
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Nomadic and autonomous habitat

by Adrien » 09/12/08, 19:32

Good evening I am looking to empower my van and for that I thought to replace the petrol engine with an electric motor while keeping the gearbox

the vehicle would have a mass of 1t8

What should I use as an electric motor? I was thinking of a 10Kw with a 50km / h objective

what type of motor to use? where can i find that?
0 x
"A man who knows how to make himself happy with a simple illusion is infinitely smarter than one who is in despair with reality." Alphonse Allais
renaud67
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by renaud67 » 10/12/08, 10:57

Hello,
that does not answer your question directly, but I think it is a good person to contact.
http://www.bientotelectrique.com/bientotelectrique.php?l=3&c=14&t=le+projet+en+chiffres
0 x
The absurdities of yesterday are the truths of today and tomorrow banalities.
(Alessandro Marandotti)
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 10/12/08, 11:30

Hello, several questions for your surprising project.

First of all, I don't really see why keeping the gearbox with an electric motor. Normally there is no need: look at the discussion on the wheel motor

Then, I do not see how you will be more independent? You can certainly charge your vehicle with the sun, but on a long journey it is not enough for a heavy vehicle, moreover, the electric terminals for vehicles are not yet commonplace.

Finally, if you make a simple installation and not too expensive, you will be forced to recharge your vehicle every 100 to 200 km, because the installations which allow a great endurance (more than 500 km in electric) are all linked to advanced optimizations the kinematic chain (shaft and transmission belt), batteries (latest generations), and engines (very good energy recovery performance when braking).

In short, a good installation risks an expensive cost! If you insist on the path of electrification, I advise you to see what you can do to have a hybrid vehicle. In which case you have less worries to recharge your vehicle on long journeys (because a habitable van can allow Paris-Barcelona for example to go to join a festival ... but I may have some ideas).

You can take a look at the electrifications that I find the most promising:
- Mini QED in English ou French.
- Pick-up ford F150 in English.

Their idea is simple, we remove the vehicle from all that wastes energy between the engine and the wheel: gearbox, transmission shaft, differential ... We replace everything with a pair of wheel motors ... Some would say that it is not great to increase the unsprung mass of the vehicle, but it is essentially detrimental for fast driving or very rough roads ...

The wheel motors allow electric vehicles with great autonomy and have nothing to envy of the combustion engine in terms of torque and power, far from it ...
Faults: large, expensive unsprung masses, little feedback from mass production experience, requires electronic driving assistance, difficult to repair, requires the installation of high capacity batteries or hybrid (thermal-electric) installation ) ...

Good luck for this great but difficult project.

PS: you thought of simply pantonizing your engine ... or running it in oil ... (sorry, it doesn't work if you're in France, it's illegal !? :)
0 x
Adrien
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Adrien » 10/12/08, 20:01

that's good, I do not intend to have more than 200kms of autonomy with the batteries, I do not need more, long trips in one go do not interest me, I like travel well quietly .............

I thought to keep the gearbox for the simplicity of the assembly, and the fact of not needing electronic brothel or other, just a direct current electric motor to be able to vary the speed and a park of batteries.

the vehicle is not intended to go fast, but to go from point A to point B without having to go to the pump

I already have solar panels on the roof, but in insufficient quantity for the electric motor, I plan to put around 600Wp flat + several small vertical wind turbines between the gallery which supports the panels and the roof of the vehicle
0 x
"A man who knows how to make himself happy with a simple illusion is infinitely smarter than one who is in despair with reality." Alphonse Allais
cyrille.monneraud
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by cyrille.monneraud » 18/02/09, 11:22

Hello,

Can you post a photo of your van?
For a vehicle of 8 tons and to exceed 50km / h, it is necessary to orient yourself towards a very torquey solution, in 96 to 120 volts, 12KW mini. The engine of our ElectroDyane (www.bientotelectrique.com) can be used in your case, on the other hand, do not expect an acceleration of thunder, because with two tons on the scale (let's not forget the batteries), your solution will be very energy-hungry.

As for the gearbox: do not take risks! Keeping it is one less obstacle to DRIRE.

In terms of autonomy, I see only one thing: photovoltaic panels and a generator ...
0 x
Solar Electrodyane
When a thermal vehicle hides another!
http://www.bientotelectrique.com
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 18/02/09, 12:09

Generator ? You mean it keeps the exciting engine :)
0 x
cyrille.monneraud
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by cyrille.monneraud » 18/02/09, 23:05

I think it is very optimistic to compare a generator with an old 1.9D or other fuel oil ...

For a standalone installation, it is imperative to provide an emergency charging solution, and the group is ideal if necessary, although I am not for this solution!

Otherwise, invest in a good amount of solar panels + solar trailer :)

Seriously, a 100% eco-friendly autonomous van will never exist, but a more environmentally friendly van is easily doable, just by installing a good solar panel + battery for the 12v power supply and possibly 220!
0 x
Solar Electrodyane

When a thermal vehicle hides another!

http://www.bientotelectrique.com
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 18/02/09, 23:13

Hello,

Sorry to contradict you, but it already existed before you were born!
A 100% eco-friendly car: a wood gasifier.
Fully renewable energy and no CO² added!

As for solar panels, do not dream!
Let's put about 15 m² of panels at 15% yield, ideally placed they will provide 6750 Wh per day.
I think that with that you can't drive very long!

Obelix
0 x
In medio stat virtus !!