Liquid double glazing to better insulate the house

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
jean.caissepas
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Liquid double glazing to better insulate the house

by jean.caissepas » 05/11/20, 15:51

An innovation for "bio-climatic" windows?

https://www.futura-sciences.com/maison/ ... son-84034/

To see if it is suitable for all climates ...
0 x
Past habits must change,
because the future must not die.
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Liquid double glazing to better insulate the house

by Exnihiloest » 05/11/20, 17:08

An innovation, but surely less amazing than what they say.

The specific thermal capacity of glass is not very high (less than 1 J / g / K, like concrete. Plaster is 4 to 5 times more, water too, but what is the quantity of gel between? the windows?)), and the glass only represents a small area compared to the walls, at least for a single-family house: therefore the restitution in the evening will not weigh heavily.
For insulation, you have to see. They do not specify in what types of building their measurement was made or how, and this is essential, nor the degree of opacity and on which part of the spectrum, it is not a question of living in the dark either.
If it's an Irish cottage, considering the size of the windows, I doubt the efficiency. If it's a tall all-glass building, maybe, but at what cost?

0 x
OlivierD
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Liquid double glazing to better insulate the house

by OlivierD » 27/11/21, 17:26

for my part, I pefere use the additional cost to place a profusion of VP ...

olive
0 x
700W of PV in autoconso with tignous router ...
Permaculture cannot be improvised in 15 days, let's listen to Arthur Keller, and let's not forget to vote for the program that best defends our interests!