Passive constructions

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
Prestige Villa
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Passive constructions

by Prestige Villa » 14/09/07, 16:42

Hello,

I am a builder of larch log chalets in the Hautes Alpes, but my business sector spans the whole of France.

You should know that these houses are very ecological because they store an amount of CO2 equivalent to what 4 traditional houses emit.

It is a type of construction that is not yet widely used because the municipalities are quite rude to accept it, and it is still little known to people. I think there is a huge lack of information on these structures, many people have asked me if they are sufficiently insulating. You should know that they are more insulating than those in brick, no additional insulation is necessary, only sheep's wool placed in the notches is enough (that's why Canadians have adopted this type of construction ).

I also wanted to add that I find it astounding to see the prices charged by my colleagues, on the pretext that these are ecological constructions. Certainly many people are ready to add the price but this is not to be taken advantage of. To encourage people to build organic, I offer cheaper prices than for traditional construction, the price per m2 is € 1.

There are also straw houses, ecological construction based on natural materials.

I remain hopeful that progress will be made in terms of communication, tariffs and authorizations.
I invite you to visit our site: www.e-monsite.com/villaprestige
0 x
yensial
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by yensial » 24/10/07, 21:49

Hello,

There is a preconceived idea that still dies hard: "wooden house = chalet"

In theory, a municipality cannot refuse a permit on the grounds of the materials used, as urban planning legislation relates only to the visual aspect, dimensions, surfaces, etc. There are wooden houses in my town that nothing distinguishes them from another house if we have not seen the site ... and which therefore have nothing of a chalet. On the other hand, I am sure that there are "chalets" built in concrete blocks in the mountains ...

Obviously a municipality can refuse a chalet if it does not correspond to the local architecture, but in this case it is the architectural style that is taken into account and not the materials.

The difficulty is perhaps that the use of logs automatically gives the construction a "chalet" aspect, unless I am mistaken, the logs are cylindrical and the aspect of the facades follows directly from this, no? Or does your technique allow you to obtain a rendering of the facades adapted to the style of each region?

Otherwise well agree that on the ecological pretext there must be abuses at the tariff level ...

:D
0 x