Exact calculation of thermal insulation

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/01/16, 20:14

izentrop wrote:
obamot wrote: Hello mold!
Good sealing is accompanied by good insulation and good ventilation.

This is the paradox of modern homes: we try to seal a max (= euros !!) ... then we put a big hole in the air = a VMC! I always found it funny ...

Some materials allow to do without ventilation. This is the case of cellular concrete which naturally pumps the moisture outwards.

My garage, which has no finishing coating on the cellular concrete, can go down to 30-35% moisture ... Top to dry wood!

I dry my laundry indoors all year round without any worry of moisture or condensation on the walls. Well I live alone ... not the same as an average family of 4 people ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/01/16, 20:18

Obamot wrote:If one of these 4, you could a little coach around this spreadsheet, I'm interested to discover another method

Ok, actually I already tried 2012 here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/calcul-du- ... 12172.html but that did not take, a good reason to revive the subject!
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 24/01/16, 20:20

yes Friends, you raise difficult questions. : Idea:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 24/01/16, 20:21

Well, what made me laugh the most is the ITE / ITI double insulation. The builder (Willy FURTER) thus ensures - without really realizing it - that his metal profiles (of the frame of the house) that he is going to dress with thin reflective insulation, will immediately manufacture bridges thermals which are among the worst to eliminate (whereas it would be so easy to avoid that from the start) and moreover it will put a thin insulation there which not-only has a tiny coef, but which will prevent them cannot "heat up" in order to try to make the temperature of the materials of the structure converge towards the "equilibrium temperature" of the habitat! (Which therefore removes any chance of achieving this since the little insulation prevents it!)

We really there facing one of the worst scenarios to make way Frankenstein nightmares for any builder !!! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
Last edited by Obamot the 24 / 01 / 16, 20: 36, 1 edited once.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 24/01/16, 20:36

perhaps the metal is not the best material indeed, it drives much heat ... it should not connect the steel from the inside to the outside.

but we could consider prefabricated wooden panels.

Sandwiches 2cm of air, 1cm of agglomerated wood plate, with a reflective sheet on each floor.

that on 12 cm eg (4 floors), or why not 20 cm (6 to 7 floors) as wide cinderblock, it should make a thunder insulation. And rapid construction on site.

After that maybe already exists. Approaching, for sure, I had seen reports on the wooden houses sold as a kit.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/01/16, 20:40

0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 24/01/16, 20:40

here it is not the subject furter ... metalic structure? I leave it to him ... the steel is not an effective and economical materials for individual house ... can be good for skyscraper or viaduct ...

the subject is not to say what is the best solution of isolation: the subject is just to have a detailed measurement result to calculate!

it's been a long time since I look for and never find anything ... I have the impression that I will have to make a measurement system

the lack of information causes waste!

if the energy saving is important the good information should be available!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 24/01/16, 20:43

Of course we get there, but if these "positive energy constructions"We have WOODEN doors 40cm thick ... with cellulose wadding inside, it's probably not for nothing!

Rigid constructions are not only thermo-conductive but necessarily produce an effect of bad sound insulation by propagation of the waves by the frame!

If the "Mass law"in the building, which opposes the"Law of cooling"de Newton's exist, it is made to be calculated and applied! >>>
Last edited by Obamot the 24 / 01 / 16, 20: 52, 1 edited once.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 24/01/16, 20:52

I can calculate everything you want, just find the time : Cheesy:

for thermal resistance, it's not the hardest.

More delicate, is the radiative effect confined by reflective sheets, I had developed interesting mathematical models at the time of the PHRSD ... for 4 reflective sheets

go directly to the 13 page of this document

quite fascinating, we manage to almost block everything, and even generate a greenhouse effect in the cavity ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 24/01/16, 21:46

in the case of vacuum it is spectacular: the insulation does not depend on the thickness but just the number of walls

but the vacuum seems to me unusable in building because it is necessary to resist the atmospheric pressure, so to put shims supporting the compression between the flat face, and the material of the wedge drives the heat

the question here is not to invent a new means of insulation but to measure well the conventional insulation

we can not invent new things if we do not take the time to know what already exists

I think that there are good mixes to do between reflective film and glass wool, but for that it must at least have given the exact measurement, not caricatures of standardized data.
0 x