Bioclimatic but colapso trend: roof

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Bioclimatic but colapso trend: roofing

by Forhorse » 09/02/20, 19:46

christian5454 wrote:Thank you Forhorse

Indeed I thought of a beamed roof slabs thinking that it was a delusional idea, but it really exists?

Yes it really exists, I saw that about twenty years ago on a house in the Pyrenees Orientales by the sea.

Otherwise a good frame well fixed with nailed flat tiles that already withstands very strong winds. Above all, it is necessary to limit the wind resistance and take care of the air tightness of the roof (screen under the roof, sparrow covers ...).
The complete roof that flies away exists, we have already seen it, but it remains extremely rare and I would say that it is especially in cases of poor workmanship or obsolescence. Generally it is rather a weak point at the level of a singular point where a tile takes off, then another, then another ... and finally the wind rushes under the roof and clears all the tiles. By taking special care of all the singular points (banks, sewer, ridge, flooding ...) we already avoid a lot of problems without falling into the blockhouse.

After the future does not seem very reassuring level meteorological phenomenon, so I understand the desire to do something that goes beyond the standards in the case of a new construction or a major renovation.
1 x
christian5454
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by christian5454 » 09/02/20, 20:05

Thank you very much,

I must therefore forget the overhangs of the roof acting as shading on the south side ... and rather provide shades that can be dismantled in winter.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 09/02/20, 20:16

christian5454 wrote:I must therefore forget the overhangs of the roof acting as shading on the south side ... and rather provide shades that can be dismantled in winter.

It's called blinds, right?
0 x
christian5454
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by christian5454 » 09/02/20, 21:07

No, it's not called blinds, it's called shading that can be done in the form of openwork horizontal panels against the direction of the sun. caps'. unlike blinds it does not cut light or sight
Nothing to do with blinds
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 09/02/20, 22:34

you can also pour a concrete slab instead of the roof

not very green, but strong.
0 x