Advice, critical review of plant wall

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
Willaupuis
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Advice, critical review of plant wall

by Willaupuis » 09/09/07, 16:49

Hi everybody,

next year I intend to isolate the outside of my house with a layer of 10cm, however it will have to be covered with a cladding, and the problem arises, I searched quite a lot of the different existing materials and this It costs a lot of money and is often installed by proffessional which increases the cost.
as I like to do a friend tells me why do not you do a wall plant ,,, only on the net we find quite a pub but little experience on self-construction on this kind of wall, then someone one on this forum do you have any advice to give me

the friend advice me the configuration:
wall => insulation (with wood lathing) => felt and micro-perforated pvc plate BIPLEX => lathing => double mesh where the plants will be.
we find on wiki different types of plants usable but little on the construction and the cost itself.

thanks for your reply, everyone is welcome critical advice

Alex
0 x
if everyone agrees is that people thought
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 09/09/07, 19:04

It looks really nice solution, if however it does not bring too much moisture.

Do you already have some links?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Willaupuis
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Willaupuis » 12/09/07, 19:04

hi "elephant", well no I have almost no link, a lot of advertising but very very little self-construction that's why I asked if someone had experience in the field on this site, ,,,, but it is true that it is unusual ,,,, from Saturday I will be on leave so I will be able to deepen my research I will keep you informed of the results. @ more
0 x
if everyone agrees is that people thought
lolo plant wall
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Tips, Critical Reviews on Plant Wall

by lolo plant wall » 11/11/07, 20:58

Willaupuis wrote:Hi everybody,

next year I intend to isolate the outside of my house with a layer of 10cm, however it will have to be covered with a cladding, and the problem arises, I searched quite a lot of the different existing materials and this It costs a lot of money and is often installed by proffessional which increases the cost.
as I like to do a friend tells me why do not you do a wall plant ,,, only on the net we find quite a pub but little experience on self-construction on this kind of wall, then someone one on this forum do you have any advice to give me

the friend advice me the configuration:
wall => insulation (with wood lathing) => felt and micro-perforated pvc plate BIPLEX => lathing => double mesh where the plants will be.
we find on wiki different types of plants usable but little on the construction and the cost itself.

thanks for your reply, everyone is welcome critical advice

Alex

Hi willaupuis

I realized my 1er wall vegetalizes.

I advise you to visit my site you will certainly find answers to your questions.

http://lolo.murvegetal.free.fr/

You will find my email

@ +
Lolo
0 x
urbanflore
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by urbanflore » 29/08/08, 15:34

Hello, I am a creator of indoor and outdoor plant walls for professionals and individuals

so I send you this link so that you inform www.urbanflore.com
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 29/08/08, 16:23

SUPERB

SIMPLE

AWESOME

I want ! I want !

0 x
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 29/08/08, 18:17

It's nice these plant walls, I just regret that they are made on synthetic substrates, someone tried with a mixed polymer substrate reinforced with hemp, or other product with a little lower energy gray?

Another question, on which site you find the species conducive to this kind of experimentation, I would like to put in a veranda in Moselle ...
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 30/08/08, 19:43

Not very varied, messages from our seller of plant walls ... :?
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/08/08, 21:30

deleted
0 x
urbanflore
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by urbanflore » 31/08/08, 10:36

I'm sorry double mailings I go around all the sites of the net at a speed or sometimes I do not realize that I have already passed ...

if not for the water table it is the fact that it is rotproof that motivates its choice as a substrate

knowing that potentially a wall conssut vegetable can hold in place after the death of its designer having purified the area, fix the particles of air and purify the water and knowing that this felt is itself a product of recycling of the textile industry, it seems to me that this substrate is a good choice

obviously if a rot-proof and recyclable felt tip the tip of his nose!

(question of both with HEQ standards and the expectations of customers in the building sector)

for plants practically all its adaptable except annual, but there is no list for now or supplier specialize.
0 x

Go back to "Real estate and eco-construction: diagnostics, HQE, HPE, bioclimatism, natural habitat and climatic architecture"