A passive house without heating in the ardennes

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 18/11/07, 08:26

Oh ok, I had not seen that they had a site, I'll go and see that more.
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 18/11/07, 11:31

I would be curious if for a week and especially in recent days (-8 ° C tonight in Auvergne, and again -4 ° C 10h north this morning), they always have 20 ° C inside without any heating supplement?

It is very nice and yesterday afternoon, I made return the heat of my veranda in the house, but this heat is not stored, so it is necessary to operate the gas boiler to supply the heated floor in the evening then down at night and put it back in the morning so that the temperature does not drop too much in the house.

If I had solar collectors, these last 3 days I could have recovered the calories of the "star of life".

I'm going to take a tour on their site to ask them how it goes in these cold weather.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/11/07, 11:37

jean63 wrote:I would be curious if for a week and especially in recent days (-8 ° C tonight in Auvergne, and again -4 ° C 10h north this morning), they always have 20 ° C inside without any heating supplement?

Why do not you click on the links I give?

The answer is in the 1er post of this topic: http://passive-aventure.vivao.be/temperature_live.html

19 ° for -4 outside ... Now they do not say if they put the convectors on the road (humor huh) ... : Mrgreen:
Last edited by Christophe the 11 / 01 / 10, 13: 25, 1 edited once.
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 18/11/07, 12:30

Note ! Where is the problem?

If the house is so well insulated, it is a Siberian cold, since 15 days outside, or that the last one has left a window open.

Only one convector, and the temperature goes up all over the house ...

There is a definite progress, compared to the shitty houses we are undergoing. : Shock:
0 x
fc89
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by fc89 » 18/11/07, 12:54

Hello,

The standards of the passive house.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habitat_passif

A+
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 18/11/07, 23:27

For a passive house The walls have an insulation level of 0,10 to 0,15. The best windows worldwide (Enersign = U 0,65) are six times less efficient than walls!

In fact, it is more the chassis that becomes the Achilles heel of the window and not the glass surface. It is therefore important to maximize large glazed areas compared to a multiplication of small spaces, absolutely not suitable. For the chassis, fixed models limit the damage more than opening frames. Logically, it is also advisable to make the choice of household appliances not very "energetic", and to take care daily to make a multitude of gestures: to use light bulbs conso, to turn off the electrical devices ...

Thanks to super insulation and high-performance ventilation, the remaining heat demand is really very low and part of it can be provided by the simple metabolism of the inhabitants. It is advisable to make the most of the passive calorific contributions!

It is estimated that in general, a passive house would cost 5 at 15% more than a traditional house and that the investment would be amortized in about thirty years.

A passive house reduces heating energy costs by about 80% compared to a new house. A passive home promises to be healthier (less humidity, better ventilation), more comfortable (stable temperature) not to mention the savings they provide you and the Planet.

to build so it's 5 to 15% overhead .......... and 30 years of amortization.

If it's so good, you should build only passive and to finance the extra cost by subcentions like solar and other insulations. Apparently, the hardest thing is to find a COMPETENT constructor (see comments by a passive house owner).

What is odd is that we never heard about it following the Grenelle Environment! ..... what would we do with gas, oil, nuclear electricity if all new houses were passive.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
fc89
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by fc89 » 18/11/07, 23:32

Hi,

Yes, but by getting your hands dirty, you can divide by 2 the thirty years of investment.
A+
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 18/11/07, 23:42

Christophe wrote:
Why do not you click on the links I give?

The answer is in the 1er post of this topic: http://passive-aventure.vivao.be/temperature_live.html

I saw this diagram, it is not as far as I am convinced ........ but hey, I am willing to admit that this perfect airtightness is durable over time and also that the The "hot air leaving / cold air entering" exchange in the CMV heat exchanger allows an incoming temperature to be obtained just below 20 ° C (temperature read on the diagram).

Moreover, knowing the flow of the VMC, the t ° C incoming air, t ° c outgoing air ........ a good engineer must be able to calculate how long the internal temperature t ° C is for lose 1 ° C.
(if we take as reference -4 ° C ext and 20 ° C int).

In the daytime and without sun and in the absence of the inhabitants who are at work (since it must be paid back this dear house), there is no device that emits heat.

During the night in the living room, there is normally NO electric appliance that diffuses heat since they are not even left in standby (in the rooms there are humans in their bed .... and pe some animals !! ??).

In the kitchen there is the fridge but it must be very light.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/11/10, 10:21

I found another one: http://maisonpassive.choppin.be/ in construction
0 x
Gilbair
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Gilbair » 08/02/11, 13:38

Hello all,

I've known the site for a long time already but I was not interested in his forum, which I find very rewarding, although I still have many topics to discover. I am also active on others forums.

I would like to post here because we have been living since October 2007 a passive house in Belgium too, like Raphaël and Béatrice, whom we met as well.

If this may interest some of you, we have a site that takes up all our adventure: http://www.messitert241.be.

A small summary of the techniques used during our renovation: wood frame (I-beams), cellulose wadding insulation, VMC DF Paul, triple glazing, Canadian well, green roof, rainwater recovery, lagoon treatment, stove pellet boiler, clay ceiling, ...

Like Raphael at the time, we have a weather station that records temperatures in the house, as well as a series of consumption records (electricity, pellets, ...): we put everything on the net from the beginning .

As we were not at all in the business, we had a lot of documentation at the time and, outside our old farmhouse, we, with the help of our architect, designed a non-passive project. Over the course of the work, we have adapted some details to the point that the project was returning more and more to the passive standard. To the point of getting there, thanks also to the contractor, until getting the certification last year. The field of passive and low energy construction has since become a real passion that we like to share, whether via our website, via forums or via organized tours.

If you have any comments or questions, I will gladly answer them, within the limits of my knowledge.

Gil
0 x