Pellets or Natural Gas in place of Fuel?

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 02/06/06, 10:00

That’s nice, pluesy, it reassures me to say that I am not foot and fists linked to GDF for another 20 years. I assume that to switch to methane or hydrogen it is enough to change the burner (s)?
However, on a boiler like this (stuffed with electronics), it may also be necessary to "patch" the program ... more complex, that.

Besides, speaking of electronics, when I chose gas, it was shortly after the storm of 99 when half of France was left without heating because without electricity. I said to myself "at least with a gas boiler, I would have heating and hot water even if I no longer have electricity" ... TUUUUUUT ... Wrong answer. I discovered when it was installed that my boiler needed an electrical supply (admittedly low - 10A) to operate. Result: even with a gas boiler, there is no hot water in case of EDF cut : Evil:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 02/06/06, 11:09

Targol wrote: Result: even with a gas boiler, there is no hot water in case of EDF cut : Evil:

Hello
: Idea: invested in a converter and with the battery of your car you can start your boiler. : Lol:
@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 02/06/06, 11:19

Thanks Zac, I hadn't thought of that. I had thought of a generator but not the converter 12Vcontinu-> 220V alter. And given the price of a group, I found the bill a little salty ...
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 02/06/06, 12:49

get a computer inverter, often throw away because hs battery, you power with a car battery, and voila!
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 02/06/06, 13:27

Yet another great idea Denis. All the more excellent since at home, for reasons of permanent micro-cuts, I had to acquire a low-end inverter (€ 69).
For that price, I don't think it will last very long.
I will have to check when its batteries are dead that they were supplying 12V.
0 x
Christophe

Re: Pellets or Natural Gas instead of Fuel oil?

by Christophe » 02/06/06, 13:34

denis wrote:get a computer inverter, often throw away because hs battery, you power with a car battery, and voila!

Are you sure it's reversible ??? A 220 V alt. -> 12 V does not make an inverter 12 = -> 220 V alt .... or did I miss kkchoz ...?
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 02/06/06, 18:19

And isn't low voltage enough?
On the old mine, with a permanent pilot light, an indicator light on the on / off button, which activates a 220v circulator ...
It must be feasible a basic converter, just for him, or simply put a 12 or 24 v circulator.
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 02/06/06, 18:22

if, if, the inverter computer. is a 12v converter : Arrow: 220v, it keeps the 12v battery charged continuously, the power supply by 12v / 220v converter is only connected if, there is a BREAK, at this point, a relay switches to battery / 220v converter: it is autonomous for 15 to 30mm.
I have been had, I too have micro-cuts.
it's simple the current goes live, as long as there are no problems : Cheesy: (that's why it is useless, in the event of micro-cuts) unless the time for switching is very short, but it can be heard snapping + there is an alarm (beeper)) + indicator; if you do not not these indications, the power supply is live : Lol:
it would require a 220v power supply which comes only from the converter and the 12v battery, and the battery will be permanently recharged independently, but with such a system there are + losses. In my case, when the neighbor starts a grinder, the lamps from 100w drops to a light of 60w, I had to measure - from 200v (up to 180!) ABNORMAL! we pay, I believe for 210 / 240v who confirms? In addition I am poluer by an abnormal radiation of 20 000v : Evil: the subscription should be free in this case!
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Pellets or Natural Gas instead of Fuel oil?

by Targol » 02/06/06, 18:45

denis wrote:(that's why it is useless, in the event of micro-cuts) unless the time for switching is very short, but it can be heard snapping + there is an alarm (beeper)) + indicator; if you do not not these indications, the power supply is live : Lol:

Well listen, I was luckier than you with my first price inverter: it must react faster because at home, it works: I hear "clack-clack", the lights flicker but my computer stays on instead of stopping as before
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 02/06/06, 19:08

like what, merli .. geri .. yet leader!
0 x

Go back to "Real estate and eco-construction: diagnostics, HQE, HPE, bioclimatism, natural habitat and climatic architecture"