Sustainable construction HEQ, materials, energy: synthesis?

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
carmona
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Sustainable construction HEQ, materials, energy: synthesis?

by carmona » 28/01/10, 11:59

Hello everybody

I am currently doing some research on sustainable construction.
A multitude of concepts, concepts, standards, labels exist today. I admit that I am a little lost with all this.

Does anyone know of a site or document that summarizes all of this?
Or the definitions of some terms; eco construction, passive building, BBC, positive energy building ...

Thank you in advance
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/01/10, 12:20

Good question.

a) Regarding energy, you have 4 labels valid in France (and elsewhere for some):
RT2005 (compulsory for new housing), Effinergie (BBC), Minergie and Passive House (modeled on German Passiv Haus).

Here is a summary subject which precisely summarizes their respective criteria: https://www.econologie.com/forums/normes-et- ... t9153.html

You will see that it is "strange" and "disappears" at times ...

b) Concerning eco-construction and materials (HQE) here is a brief definition of HQE but which already dates from 2004 (it has surely evolved since):

HQE

HQE (High Environmental Quality) is an approach, initiated in 1996, aimed at minimizing the environmental impacts of a building: consumption of natural resources, waste management, noise pollution ... Fourteen environmental requirements (targets) define this approach. They relate to the respect and protection of the external environment, as well as the creation of a satisfactory interior environment, that is to say comfortable and healthy. The HQE is not a label but a certification is under study.
0 x
carmona
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

sustainable construction

by carmona » 28/01/10, 13:54

Thank you for this info, it was rapido.

If I understand correctly, there is no official definition of green building, passive building, or positive energy building?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/01/10, 13:56

Yes and no.

For liabilities if ...

For positive energy, it uses the same 4 labels ... to calculate. But I don't believe there is a "positive house label" to check out.

For eco-construction apparently yes, the HQE has become an NF Standard: http://www.marque-nf.com/appli.asp?NumAppli=NF294

Individual house and individual house associated with the HQE approach

Application number: NF294

Concerns: - Individual house
- Construction contracts for individual houses (Law of 1990)

Certified features:

- Technical quality of the detached house: Design and production according to specified specifications including self-checking, priority to materials, products and equipment certified or coming from a Technical Assessment, contractual relations with (like there is a word missing right?)
- Technical quality of the detached house: Priority to materials, products and equipment certified or coming from a Technical Assessment
- Technical quality of the individual house: Contractual relationship with selected and monitored subcontractors
- Technical quality of the detached house: At least in accordance with the provisions of the DTU standards, the building and housing code and the technical regulations in force on the date of the filing of the building permit
- Environmental quality of the detached house: Environmental quality of the house superior to the regulations and current practice on all or part of the following categories of concerns:
- Target 1 - Relationship of the building with its immediate environment
- Target 2 - Integrated choice of construction products, systems and processes
- Target 3 - Site with low nuisance
- Target 4 - Energy management
- Target 5 - Water management
- Target 6 - Management of activity waste
- Target 7 - Maintenance and servicing management
- Target 8 - Hygrothermal comfort
- Target 9 - Acoustic comfort
- Target 10 - Visual comfort
- Target 11 - Olfactory comfort
- Target 12 - Sanitary quality of spaces
- Target 13 - Sanitary air quality
- Target 14 - Sanitary quality of water

Lire aussi http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haute_qual ... nnementale

So HQE is indeed a standard: funny I have never never seen the word "HQE" in real estate magazines ... surely the profession is too creuvard to be pissed off with HQE ...

The "official" NF HQE standard site: http://www.mamaisoncertifiee.com/

It is they who also manage the HPE THPE Effinergie label mentioned above.

Strange also that this does not concern apartments or collective housing ...
0 x
carmona
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

sustainable construction

by carmona » 28/01/10, 14:14

The big problem for the attribution of the HQE label is that one should not respect the 14 principles but only a few (I think it's 4).

Then there is another label, HPE (High Energy Performance) The label High energy performance.
The decree of May 3, 2007 relating to the content and conditions for awarding the "high energy performance" label defines the content and conditions for awarding this label. The label is available in five levels:

1.HPE 2005 for buildings whose conventional consumption is at least 10% lower than the RT 2005 reference consumption and for housing at least 10% compared to the maximum authorized consumption.

2. THPE 2005 for buildings whose conventional consumption is at least 20% lower than the RT 2005 reference consumption and for housing less than 20% compared to the maximum authorized consumption.

3. HPE EnR 2005, based on the requirements of the HPE 2005 label accompanied by requirements on the installation of renewable energy equipment:

Either the heating, and possibly the production of sanitary hot water, is ensured by a boiler using biomass, and in particular wood;

Either, the building is connected to a heating network powered by at least 60% wood or biomass, which provides a response to local authorities who are making efforts to produce heat with renewable fuels.

4. THPE EnR 2005 for constructions whose conventional consumption is at least 30% lower than the RT 2005 reference consumption and, for housing, at least 30% compared to the maximum authorized consumption, accompanied by '' requirements on renewable energy equipment (solar thermal collectors, photovoltaic collectors or wind turbines) or high-performance heat pumps, foreshadowing certain technologies to be deployed for RT 2010.

5. BBC 2005: low energy consumption building. This level targets consumption very much lower than regulatory energy consumption with:

- a level of requirement calibrated for the residential on 50 kWhep / m².year in primary energy by taking into account the consumption of all uses (heating, cooling, production of DHW, ventilation and lighting) and declined according to the climatic zones RT2005 and the altitude of the construction project.

- a "super" energy performance of 50% compared to the regulatory performance for tertiary buildings.

Consult the decree of May 3, 2007 relating to the content and conditions for awarding the "high energy performance" label.

Achieving some of these labels makes it possible to benefit from an overshoot of the land use coefficient (COS). It is also possible to benefit from an overrun of COS under other conditions.

See the decree of May 3, 2007 taken for application of article R.111-21 of the construction and housing code relating to the conditions to be fulfilled to benefit from the overshooting of the land use coefficient in the event of compliance energy performance requirements by a construction project.
By dint of watching I get lost more and more, as you said all this is quite disparate. The distinction between the theoretical concepts, the labels that the companies themselves give themselves, and the regulations I don't understand everything ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/01/10, 14:18

Yes it is the mess! And then we still have to examine the "practical methods" of certification ... and when we see that nothing is happening at the level of DPE (big mess) well ... we can not be optimistic!

Otherwise stp uses the tags

code: Select all

[quote][/quote]
when you copy / paste a text because here we don't know what you say and what you copy ...

Goods.
0 x
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 28/01/10, 14:36

Hi Carmona,

you ask questions on many different concepts, it's normal that there is no transverse synthetic definition.

Le passive building is a building whose heating consumption is "fully compensated by solar gains or by the calories emitted by internal contributions (electrical equipment and inhabitants)".
Its application corresponds to the different standards given by Christophe on the joint discussion: passivhaus, minergie, or in France BBC.

Le positive energy building is a building with integrated energy generation systems that produce more energy than what the building consumes.
Its application is also passed by the standards and decree above for a regulatory calculation. But in practice, the unknown is often energy storage: if the building has photovoltaic panels connected to EDF for example, it is enough that it produces more energy per year than it consumes for to be considered to positive energy. If it is autonomous, it must have an adequate storage system to never run out of energy!

Eco-construction is much more general, like the concept of ecology, it is above all to take into consideration the general impact of the building on the environment and try to reduce it as much as possible.
The HQE approach goes in this direction, and contrary to what Christophe says it has been used quite widely, even on collective buildings. It has the advantage of having targets in a wide range of applications (water management, recycling, social, luminosted, ...). But its lack of requirements in terms of results (particularly from an energy point of view) makes it less profitable today.
The recent standard Minergie ECO also incorporates broad environmental criteria, through the analysis of the life cycle of the materials used in construction (gray energy, water, pollution, recycling ...)

Sustainable construction could be summed up, tracing the principle of sustainable development,, to a construction which "meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet theirs".
But here it is even more vague than eco-construction, because no evaluation method corresponds completely to my knowledge.

But maybe your questions are more focused?
0 x
carmona
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

costs

by carmona » 28/01/10, 15:32

Thank you for your answers.

I put you the link of a simple diagram that I have just made:

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... PqlejE.doc

If you can give me your opinion, is that fair to you?
0 x
build sustainable
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by build sustainable » 14/05/10, 19:35

We have to make a distinction between Label, NF standard, regulations, Grenelle ...

Basically in the labels, we find:

-Label HQE (French)
-BREEAM (English)
-LEED (American)
-Qualitel Habitat and environment
-BBC Effinergie

These are labels that can be obtained from the moment you pay a certification body which validates the consistency of the construction with this or that label.

Certain labels have been transformed into NF standard: the "HQE Approach" standards. They are issued by Afnor and the HQE association ... There is no obligation to comply with its standards and you have to pay to be certified.

But the labels are not perfect and the HQE favors the construction stage over the maintenance of the building. You have to obtain the 14 targets but 3 in very efficient, 4 in efficient and 7 in base. The judgment for obtaining certain targets is sometimes very subjective.

Then there is the regulation with the RT (thermal regulation). Currently we operate on the RT2005. But the RT2012 will be released soon and will, by and large, oblige the builders to comply with the Effinergie BBC label (50KWh / m² / Years .. )

In short all this is very complicated. You have to go either for the labels or for the regulations, it is the government which oversees the whole through the intermediary of certifying bodies (Certivéa, Cerqual) or also via the CSTB.

The guideline for future reforms is given by the Grenelle de l'Environnement. Thus, in 2020, buildings should be Bepos (positive energy). These are buildings that create more energy than they consume. However, we must question the possibility that EDF can manage thousands of mini "house / power plant"!

Regarding the TPE, THPE ... reference frame It sets objectives from RT2005.

Here for more info you can go on this site:

http://www.construire-durable.com

See you soon
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 05/02/11, 14:21

The Minérgie standard changes to Minérgie-P (for "P" assive, concerns Switzerland).

Here are the differences by sketch:

Source: large format ...>

Here are the MINERGIE-P requirements:

The MINERGIE-P ® standard was launched on the market in mid-2002. The first
building in Romandie was certified in 2004, in the canton of Jura. Currently, we count
5 MINERGIE-P ® constructions in French-speaking Switzerland and a large number of sites for a total of 116 in Switzerland (compared to 6307 buildings for MINERGIE). The label requires a building design that takes into account its environment, thought out down to all its constructive details and targeted towards low energy consumption. It sets high standards in terms of construction quality and overall energy consumption.

They are as follows:
1. The heat requirements for heating (measured per unit of energy reference area = approximately to the gross heated floor area) must amount to a maximum of 20% of the limit value set by standard SIA 380/1 (against 80% for MINERGIE ®). This value is achieved thanks to excellent thermal insulation of all the elements forming the envelope. This implies windows with high energy efficiency (frame and glazing), a minimum number of thermal bridges (= discontinuities in the thermal insulation which produce energy losses) and an airtight envelope up to every detail.

2. The building must have an automatic air renewal system.

3. The weighted energy expenditure index (= weighted final energy used for heating the building, for preparing domestic hot water and for air renewal as well as the electrical needs of the soft ventilation system)
cannot exceed 30 kWh / m2 for housing and 25 kWh / m2 for administration.

4. The airtightness of the building envelope (= air change rate for a pressure difference of 50 Pa) must be max. 0,6 per hour.

5. Household appliances must belong to category A (A + for refrigerators).

6. The specific thermal power requirements must be a maximum of 10 W / m2.

However, this requirement is only valid for buildings heated via the ventilation system.

http://www.minergie.ch/standard-minergie-p-fr.html
0 x