Sound insulation board

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
jpouic
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Sound insulation board

by jpouic » 07/03/09, 22:01

Hi,

My friend has just moved into a house where the walls are thick like a small slice of cardboard, as much to tell you that to sleep peacefully, or to give free rein to our intimacy is not to win ... I am therefore looking for a way to improve the acoustics of the room (it is not very large, around 7-8 m²). I saw on the internet that it was possible to install cork panels ... do you think it is effective and above all from what thickness (knowing that too much thickness would reduce the volume of the already narrow room .. .)?

Thank you so much!
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Advice for sound insulation

by Woodcutter » 17/03/09, 23:47

jpouic wrote:Hi,

My friend has just moved into a house where the walls are thick like a small slice of cardboard, as much to tell you that to sleep peacefully, or to give free rein to our intimacy is not to win ... I am therefore looking for a way to improve the acoustics of the room (it is not very large, around 7-8 m²). I saw on the internet that it was possible to install cork panels ... do you think it is effective and above all from what thickness (knowing that too much thickness would reduce the volume of the already narrow room .. .)?

Thank you so much!
Very complicated to respond to this type of request ...
We should already first define what noises should be treated: airborne or impact noises (decoded: your orgasms, or the jumps from the bed ... 8) ) because they are not transmitted in the same way.

Then what space can you lose and what are you capable of achieving on your own?
Finally, what budget?

With that, different solutions will be possible.

Here it is, you play ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Advice for sound insulation

by Cuicui » 18/03/09, 08:35

jpouic wrote:So I'm looking for a way to improve the acoustics of the room

Stone wool on plasterboard is an effective acoustic (and thermal) insulator, but not very ecological.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 18/03/09, 08:53

Do not be under the illusion when it comes to an economical and slim solution: when it comes to sound insulation, there are three golden rules:

- absorption (reduce noise in the room itself)
- thickness
- weight
- tightness

A few years ago, I had to make a wall with my mother:

Gyproc 7 cm re-gyproc rock wool.

It just cut the intelligibility of conversations. For example, we are disturbed to sleep if the TV is set to more than 60 dBA.

With my sister who rents furnished accommodation it is: double gryproc, rock wool, double gyproc. It's already getting better. But if the neighbors get involved ... it is not enough.

But, for orgasms, I don't guarantee anything :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 19/03/09, 22:34

elephant wrote:[...] Gyproc 7 cm rock wool re-gyproc.

It just cut the intelligibility of conversations. For example, we are disturbed to sleep if the TV is set to more than 60 dBA.

With my sister who rents furnished accommodation it is: double gryproc, rock wool, double gyproc. It's already getting better. [...]
Yes, the simple mineral placo-wool system is not very efficient ... It can be improved by replacing wool with cellulose wadding, but above all the placo with fermacell!
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."