Comparative CO2 balance sheet: passive home and classic home

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Comparative CO2 balance sheet: passive home and classic home

by Gregconstruct » 07/11/07, 20:07

Hello everybody

I am currently a student of construction and I am preparing my end of study work.

I chose to make a comparative assessment concerning the emission of CO2 by a passive house and a conventional house.
This assessment will also include CO2 emissions during the construction of buildings and the production of materials.

In order to provide the most precise work possible, I am looking for documents and any source of information (or lead to sources).

If you can help or guide me in any way, don't hesitate!

I thank you in advance.

Ecological greetings
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 08/11/07, 01:59

The results interest me, but there you have a job and it will not be easy. Good luck.

There are answers all over this site and in others on passive "solar" constructions (search in google, I no longer have the names in mind) ... apologies, I must go. dodo.

@+
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Comparative CO2 balance: passive house and conventional house

by bham » 08/11/07, 09:47

Gregconstruct wrote:I chose to make a comparative assessment concerning the emission of CO2 by a passive house and a conventional house.
This assessment will also include CO2 emissions during the construction of buildings and the production of materials.

Hi Greg.
The best thing to do is to consult the Swiss site Minergie (also in French). Otherwise, if you have a few basics in German, do a search for "Passivhaus" on a German or Austrian search engine. They are way ahead of what is being done in France.
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 08/11/07, 12:00

Not easy to calculate the gray energy of materials. If you find serious sources on this subject, could you let us know? It interests me greatly too.

And then once your diploma is obtained, do not hesitate to contact us to disseminate your results if you wish.

Sorry that I can't help you anymore for now.
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Comparative CO2 balance: passive house and conventional house

by jean63 » 08/11/07, 12:12

bham wrote:
Gregconstruct wrote:I chose to make a comparative assessment concerning the emission of CO2 by a passive house and a conventional house.

Hi Greg.
The best thing to do is to consult the Swiss site Minergie (also in French). Otherwise, if you have a few basics in German, do a search for "Passivhaus" on a German or Austrian search engine. They are way ahead of what is being done in France.

Thank you for the info, actually the Germans / Austrians are very early: I saw a lot of reports which are also perhaps in the TV news of this forum.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 08/11/07, 19:54

Many thanks to all!

I will obviously tell you about the progress of my research.
I am not the type to keep good information for our environment!

Ecological greetings

Greg
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 03/12/07, 20:29

Hard to find info !!!

But I do not get discouraged!
I like challenges!!!!
Especially when it comes to our beautiful planet dear
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
guss70
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by guss70 » 16/01/08, 18:19

Hello Gregconstruct,
We are three students of the first Scientist and we are currently working on a TPE on the passive house. Your research interests us a lot because CO2 emissions are an important point for us, and so far we have not found any "real" information on this subject. We are going to look at the sites that have been sent to you. If you could tell us the results of your research or your sources that would be of great help.
Thanking you in advance, greetings
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 16/01/08, 18:47

Hello Guss70,

CO2 data are actually difficult to access.
And I must say that at the moment are not very advanced.
I'm still waiting for a lot of information. Governments and businesses are rather reluctant to disclose this kind of information.

As soon as I have something new, I will be sure to let you know.
I hope that we can forge links of exchange in order to make things happen.
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 16/01/08, 23:14

guss70 wrote:Hello Gregconstruct,
We are three students of the first Scientist and we are currently working on a TPE on the passive house. Your research interests us a lot because CO2 emissions are an important point for us, and so far we have not found any "real" information on this subject. We are going to look at the sites that have been sent to you. If you could tell us the results of your research or your sources that would be of great help.
Thanking you in advance, greetings

There you have a concrete example of a passive house with residents inside for a year:

https://www.econologie.com/forums/une-maison ... t3520.html

You have to go to their website, everything is detailed from the construction to the daily monitoring of indoor-outdoor temperatures.
0 x

Go back to "Real estate and eco-construction: diagnostics, HQE, HPE, bioclimatism, natural habitat and climatic architecture"