WV - 1L / 100Km as standard

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Eloi
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Eloi » 15/07/07, 20:46

For the lifespan of the vehicles, I would say that the engines supporting 500000 km are not new, indeed the old Mercedes of the 80s could easily exceed 500000 km, or even take a lap (1 km).
The advantage of these Mercedes over newer cars is that the engine wasn't the only one that lasted a long time, the rest followed.
In my humble opinion, recent cars stuffed with electronics will be limited in time by these electronic systems which have a certain fragility. Having worked for a while in an electronic equipment factory for cars (on-board computers, injection computers, tire pressure sensors, etc.) I have often heard about the faults of these systems which sometimes lead to dangerous situations (inability to stop accelerating, windows that close by themselves ...)
Personally, I drive in a Peugeot 104 from 1984 (23 spark plugs already) which despite its 172km has a consumption close to that of its early days (manufacturer indications).
Its engine is scheduled to be repaired since the wearing parts are interchangeable. It is not rusty despite its great age.
Of course it is less reassuring than a more recent car in terms of handling and crashes and then it consumes a little more.

Eloi
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 16/07/07, 09:13

elephant wrote:sorry, crispus, I maintain my point of view:

in the 60s and 70s the crates punctured after 4-5 years and we got rid of cars of 100.000 km pcq they were seriously starting to make c ... their world.

I understand better what you're talking about. I had 2 renault's (5 from 1978 and Fuego 1981) and indeed I was relieved to get rid of them ...

It seems to me that "biodegradable bodies" really disappeared from the ~ 1988 models. I live by the sea, my 3 vehicles (91, 93 and 97) have been scuffed for years and the rust hardly changes.

When I landed in the region 20 years ago, we recognized at first glance the vehicles of the coast, by their "lace" appearance.

For me the best vintages are basically the 88-98 models. Since then the cost price of vehicles has increased significantly for equal reliability. And in the event of an accident, even minor, the replacement of the airbags comes to seal the bill and the vehicle becomes "economically irreparable".

For my part, I took as a reference the models around 88 ~ 98, when the French and Italian manufacturers (among others) seriously decided to deal with corrosion.

The cars of the 3rd millennium do not really inspire me confidence and have a war of delay: in the absence of "flying cars" the manufacturers should already sell mostly series hybrids ...

But as Christophe points out, that means completely reviewing the design and line of the vehicle.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 16/07/07, 16:00

Hello
indeed the old Mercedes of the 80s could easily exceed 500000km, or even take a lap (1km).

the most robust are those of the 123 series 300D turbo 5 cylinders 3 liters which ended in 1984
the model exported to the USA that you will not find in Europe is remarkable for its construction, it is the top that I experience the water doping, the best results are 6,05 liters per 100km the last trip unfortunately 6,65, XNUMX liters, whereas I wanted to beat my record, but we will recover, the road is strewn with errors.

There is a small gain for heating the fuel (especially in winter)
Gasoline with carburetor 45 to 50c maximum
So a small heat exchanger with the water from the engine.
Gasoline with injection it is difficult to exceed 45c the return is important except driving in the city it tends to go up and make vapor locks

Gasoil 60 to 65 c maximum the engine is less noisy and some% of economy
Oil 80 to 85 c maximum 70c minimum if you want no problem with filter and injection pump.

model 300d turbo 1984 (l, winter I store it in a pile of niege)
Counter repair
installation of the oil system 100% vegetable oil
panton dopagea the water (we see the flat water tank when going down the level is lower than the carburetor when going up the level is is close to the carburetor so more water consumed :D : Mrgreen:

Image Gallery with Pic Tiger
Andre
0 x
Eric DUPONT
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Eric DUPONT » 11/11/07, 17:03

I calculated that with a compressed air engine this car could easily drive 500 km at 90 km / h and that it could have a maximum speed of 180 km / h with a 15 hp engine.

a 250 liter tank of air at 200 bar would cost about 15 kw / h and it would take about 1 liters of gasoline to heat up the air.
it would therefore make 0,3 liters of gasoline and 3kWH per 100 km. at the current price of energy 0,7 euros per 100 km.

to cover 15000 km in the year would therefore require around 50 liters of ethanol.

Would that make a totally ecological vehicle that emits no co2 and more competitive than the train and public transport or even the plane?

no?

a 125 square meter beet field would be enough to produce the gasoline needed for a year! So in europe 40 times more agricultural land is needed to feed one person.
0 x

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"