Water and diesel in mixture?

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
eric27
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Water and diesel in mixture?

by eric27 » 21/08/09, 16:54

Hello everyone.
I just read a lot of posts on the various proposals to consume / pollute less. One of the problems of the water / diesel mixture is the miscible side of the whole. For the machining of mechanical parts, we lubricate with cutting oil "in values ​​of around 5%.
My question is: using a mixture, say 80% diesel, 20% water with this cutting oil added, do we have a homogeneous mixture?
Has anyone tried it already or am I sticking to it?
:?:
A+

Eric
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/08/09, 17:01

Drop the fuel mixture; oil tankers have broken their teeth economically and technologically (aquazol, gecam...) the water must be injected independently of the fuel.

Here is precisely a brand new upload on this subject: water doping at the town hall of Cahors
0 x
eric27
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

water doping

by eric27 » 21/08/09, 17:11

Christophe
I just had a telephone conversation with a company that installs water "dopers". In summary and if I understood everything correctly, for a correct reaction, the engine must be under load, it seems essential, apart from that, I have a big (very big) 4.2 L engine which does not run at 2000 rpm on the highway so, a priori, not very well suited.
On the other hand, when you say that the oil companies broke their teeth on any mixture ..... if they had it, I don't think they would market it :P we don't kill the chicken ......
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/08/09, 17:19

Oh well and pkoi ca bother them? Don't you think that for 1 barrel extracted, the oil tankers will not be happy to sell 1.1?

In short, sell water at the price of oil.

Who was the company? The information they gave you is pretty much correct ... Don't you want to change your car? : Cheesy:
0 x
eric27
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

to change

by eric27 » 21/08/09, 17:31

For society it is:

http://www.brtec.fr/index.php?option=co ... &Itemid=29

link found on this site

As for changing the vehicle ..... sorry but I'm "up" and I'm staying there, (big 4x4 polluter) I went down several times, in the end I go back

By removing the economic considerations, my question remains open on the technical level .....
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/08/09, 17:32

Ok then disconnect 1 cylinder out of 2 : Cheesy:
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 21/08/09, 19:17

Hello

Water in fuel poses some problem
Just walking with frying oil which contains a little water emulsion (whitish oil) after a certain time of running the injectors remains hard on their slide and are difficult on the taring pump, you will notice traces of rust on the spacers and on the springs.

water well dosed in the engine yes, but not through the injection cirucit ..

Andre
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 21/08/09, 20:39

Indeed, I have already tried the water / diesel emulsion. It's not easy because it tends to sediment. So if you do your mixing (no more than 5%!) And you do 500Km, OK.
On the other hand, if you do 10Km and leave your car in the parking lot for 3 days, you will have some problems ... Even with different surfactants.
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 21/08/09, 20:55

20%!
I had not seen, are you crazy?
The "cutting oil" you are talking about must be castor oil which has extraordinary properties, especially when mixed with alcohol, I believe. But it's risky anyway and castor oil is VERY expensive. So you risk not finding your way there in the end.
Now you can start with linseed oil (not bad, although it's not worth the castor). And impeccable for alcohol.
And a tip: first "in vitro" tests, like a 5% - 10% - 15% - 20% mixture in a bottle that you leave alone for a week to see if the mixture falls off.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 24/08/09, 09:36

The tankers have not broken their teeth ... The tankers have simply abandoned the thing because the tax administrations refused to zero-rate the part of water incorporated in diesel and wanted this water to be simply taxed like the rest has 80% ... Aquazole would therefore have had a production cost higher than the cost of simple diesel and would therefore have been much more expensive at the pump ....

Selling water at the price of oil .... the big box stores do it without anyone napping them on the head ...

On a liter of diesel at € 1 ... Remember that there is about 80% tax ... it brings you the liter of diesel cheaper than badoit ...
0 x